Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Passing of a True Master & Gentleman

RIP
    Sorry for your loss

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Quote Originally Posted by kungfoozer View Post
    Fair enough Sanjuro. Others have told me to shut up in the past and there was no visceral reaction from you. If you are going to the bIg bad moderator than help defend my rights as well and not when you think it is right. People used to tell tneihoff to shut up every day but I guarantee you did not warn all of them. Double standard.
    I am sure it happened on a thread dedicated to the memory of a fallen brother, that person would have been warned as well. It's not about whether or not you told a member to shut up, it's where you did it. It this particular thread, it is uncalled for and disrespectful to EM.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    I am sure it happened on a thread dedicated to the memory of a fallen brother, that person would have been warned as well. It's not about whether or not you told a member to shut up, it's where you did it. It this particular thread, it is uncalled for and disrespectful to EM.
    Fair enough Tentigers.

Did you know EM personally or are you just harping on the sympathy wagon?

So is it agrees then that I can tell people to shut up/attack them as long ad it is not on a thread dedicated to the departed? No wonder the whole weng chun forum is allowed to exist as it does. I have never read such depravity.

Fair enough Tentigers.

Did you know EM personally or are you just harping on the sympathy wagon?

So is it agrees then that I can tell people to shut up/attack them as long ad it is not on a thread dedicated to the departed? No wonder the whole weng chun forum is allowed to exist as it does. I have never read such depravity.
    dude, I was not a fan of Erle in the least and frequently discounted him and his stuff as sub par fabricated nonsense.

However, this is merely a thread recognizing his passing as despite what anyone thought of him or his thing, positive or negative, there is no denying that he was a force in the global martial arts community that was entrenched in it for years.

so it's just a rest in peace thread, not some place for you to have a dump on a coffin.

I honestly don't see what is so difficult to understand about that.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Didn't agree with a lot of Mr Montague's stuff, but he always seemed like a genuine bloke, and some bits and bobs, like his reptilian brain activation posture stuff and whatnot was interesting theory and worth investigating.

Always a good read, and with me from my earliest memories of MA mags, so it's honestly sad to hear this.

Quote Originally Posted by kungfoozole
    I have never read such depravity.
    You need to get out more, **** for brains. Sanjuro, can't you ban this twat straight out?
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Fair enough Sanjuro. Others have told me to shut up in the past and there was no visceral reaction from you. If you are going to the bIg bad moderator than help defend my rights as well and not when you think it is right. People used to tell tneihoff to shut up every day but I guarantee you did not warn all of them. Double standard.
    Context, if you don't understand that, there isn't much I can do to explain it.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Punch View Post
    Didn't agree with a lot of Mr Montague's stuff, but he always seemed like a genuine bloke, and some bits and bobs, like his reptilian brain activation posture stuff and whatnot was interesting theory and worth investigating.

Always a good read, and with me from my earliest memories of MA mags, so it's honestly sad to hear this.

You need to get out more, **** for brains. Sanjuro, can't you ban this twat straight out?
    No, I can't and I personally don't agree with bannings, that is why I warned him.
    No more derailing this thread, OK guys?

Thanks.

Fair enough, gotcha. Sorry.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    I agree with Mr. Punch about EM bringing out the concept of the reptilian brain and how paosture activates this. The Jook Lum posture does exactly this, and if it weren't for EM's writings on this, I would have not made the connection.
    I also may not agree with everything he said, who does? But he did bring out alot of theory and concepts that were previously ..undiscussed. (trying to avoid the word, "secrets.") For that, many of us are thankfull.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

I banned kungfoozer

That's the 3rd ban of 2011. It wasn't out of respect to Erle Montaigue. I never knew Mr. Montaigue beyond what I had read of him. I respect anyone who makes an impact upon the martial arts on the level he did. I banned kungfoozer because sanjuro_ronin clearly warned him and he failed to see the inappropriateness of his behavior.

Now back OT - Our condolences to the family, friends and students of Erle Montaigue.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Wow. Was just watching a recent interview of Erle last week, explaining his history and feelings on the current state of things in MA, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lEznUfn-_Q .

Back in the mid 90's I coresponded with Erle as well. I printed out all of his meridian charts and things like that. I told him about a friend of mine with a bad back, he sent me a chi gung VHS tape for me to give to her to practice, for free, that was cool

He will be missed, my condolences to his family.

James

Thumbs up Peace

My condolences to all of Erle Montaigue's family and friends, it is good that we let each other know when a fellow M/A has passed.

My Best to all

Sifu Ron
    Visit the past in order to discover something new.

[url]http://wahquekungfu.proboards100.com

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    I agree with Mr. Punch about EM bringing out the concept of the reptilian brain and how paosture activates this. The Jook Lum posture does exactly this, and if it weren't for EM's writings on this, I would have not made the connection.
    I also may not agree with everything he said, who does? But he did bring out alot of theory and concepts that were previously ..undiscussed. (trying to avoid the word, "secrets.") For that, many of us are thankfull.
    Well said, funny that I was just about to mention that.

EM was very public about himself and his material and how to use it.

For that, I commend the man.

Respect to him, his clan and to all his students.
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

What is the deal with the reptile brain posture thing?. I remember reading about it years ago but forgot lol.