Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tiger Schulman's Horror Stories

Here is some information that may be of interest to you

Easy son, these people belonged to the carefree America of yesteryear, before osama showed us that the only true way to combat terror is with Tiger Schulmans Karate. They didnt know

tiger!

while i can't say much for some of his students! i heard from many reliable sources that tiger shulman himself was the reall deal. so while the school may be commercial(hey this is america and in america you gotta make buck you know) it's to say that the teaching is commercial. now hold on i'm not promoting his school because he some **** heads for students who can't fight to save there lives, and only no that tournament fighting crap. but mr. shulman himself can probably whip some ass....

That's a good start, although I'm not in NY and don't think I was part of that settlement.

Anyone else? ANY info is helpful!

Quote Originally Posted by sunfist View Post
    Easy son, these people belonged to the carefree America of yesteryear, before osama showed us that the only true way to combat terror is with Tiger Schulmans Karate. They didnt know
    That was some funny ****!
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Quote Originally Posted by Wbarrett21 View Post
    I have to agree with you that the commercials seem pretty lame but after I tried other classes in my area (Judo and Tae Kwon Do) I figured I would give it a shot because the classes I was in were not much of a workout at all and I didn't feel I was getting any benefit from taking them. Once I started Taking Tiger Shculmanns I realized that non of the stuff in the comercials is what we do that is only for the young young kids to make it fun and keep them interested. It's a way better workout than the other classes I took as well and I definatley feel like I'm getting somewhere after every class. Don't get me wrong your classes may be even more intense and if that is the case then I would see no reason to switch to any other schools at all.

I don't know what the above guy is talking about with them Guaranteeing you anything or giving you any time frame to become a black belt because they said that everyone takes a different amount of time to achieve a higher ranking and for some it may take a long time. Also there is no 2000 dollar charge that you can't get back either. You pay monthly and if you stop you don't pay anymore like most classes.

On top of that the current instructor at my school is currently the USKBA world Muay Thai Champion and has defended it and won as well.

Sorry to ramble on but I actually felt the same way you all did until I tried it and it just proves that you shouldn't Knock it till ya try it!
    what a joke bro...

Quote Originally Posted by Wbarrett21 View Post
    I have to agree with you that the commercials seem pretty lame but after I tried other classes in my area (Judo and Tae Kwon Do) I figured I would give it a shot because the classes I was in were not much of a workout at all and I didn't feel I was getting any benefit from taking them. Once I started Taking Tiger Shculmanns I realized that non of the stuff in the comercials is what we do that is only for the young young kids to make it fun and keep them interested. It's a way better workout than the other classes I took as well and I definatley feel like I'm getting somewhere after every class. Don't get me wrong your classes may be even more intense and if that is the case then I would see no reason to switch to any other schools at all.

I don't know what the above guy is talking about with them Guaranteeing you anything or giving you any time frame to become a black belt because they said that everyone takes a different amount of time to achieve a higher ranking and for some it may take a long time. Also there is no 2000 dollar charge that you can't get back either. You pay monthly and if you stop you don't pay anymore like most classes.

On top of that the current instructor at my school is currently the USKBA world Muay Thai Champion and has defended it and won as well.

Sorry to ramble on but I actually felt the same way you all did until I tried it and it just proves that you shouldn't Knock it till ya try it!

And the Brainwashing continues........................

Try the ATA next if you feel your brain isn't washed enough.

mas oyama karate?

is that reference to Kyukoshin kai?

because Kyukoshin is is Mas Oyama's style.

so tiger shullman is a k1 fighter? If so, props, that's good karate!

If not, then that's a tad misleading.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

So, when my master was visiting from Beijing we happened to walk by a Tiger Schulman dojo. Stopping to look at a kickboxing class through the window I was expecting to hear him make fun of it. Instead he said it seemed pretty good - not amazing, but by no means horrible.

It would mean a few phone calls and time on google, but it might be worth your time to:

Call your state attorney generals office and see if they had recieved any complaints against TSK.

Find out the specific office in the NY Attorney General's office and see if any legal agency in your state has contacted them about TSK.

Were the same high pressure sales techniques used on you? If so, call the better business bureau and see if there's anything that they can do about it.

If at the end of the day it all comes to nothing, you can always talk to the owner of the school, list all the different agencies that you've talked to, tell them the various complaints and law suits that they suggested and then say something along the lines of -

"Look, I know that I could drag you into court, I know that if I pressed it with complaints the (your state here) Attorney General might bring the same charges against you, but at the end of the day I don't want to screw you over or see you get all the legal bills and bad publicity. I just want my money back."

If you phrase it in a way that makes him see that you're being reasonable and you expect him to act the same (sure there's a place for insults, threats and acts of petty vandalism, but start with friendly conversation and see where that gets you - life's short and you can only manage so many vendettas at once) and think that there's a serious chance of him getting sued/brought up on charges he might give you the money. Even if he wins a trial against the AG, at $100-200 or so an hour the legal fees would be nothing compared to the money you're asking for.

just a thought.

the way this resolves will really depend on how air-tight the contract is, in the legal sense.
    the BBB is not going to help you at all...if anyone were to be helped by them, it would be the next person who checks out TSK with the BBB before they even call or go to the dojo
    Master...Teach me kung fu.

Exclamation Tiger Shulman

I knew Tiger(Danny) Shulman years ago when he was 17.
    His father showed me films of Danny fightin FULL CONTACT IN jAPAN, before he was 14 years old. I am sure your talent is no where near his as studying the martial arts teaches not only fighting but humility and respect for another. I cannot speak of Danny now as I have not seen him in years. As far as his ability, he surpaseed most when he was only 14 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by khidr View Post
    I knew Tiger(Danny) Shulman years ago when he was 17.
    His father showed me films of Danny fightin FULL CONTACT IN jAPAN, before he was 14 years old. I am sure your talent is no where near his as studying the martial arts teaches not only fighting but humility and respect for another. I cannot speak of Danny now as I have not seen him in years. As far as his ability, he surpaseed most when he was only 14 years old.
    **This ad paid for by TSK, inc. All rights reserved.**
    SevenStar: It's hilarious seeing people's reactions when they see a big, black dude with a sword walking toward them.

Masterkiller: Especially when they're at the ATM.

WTF? How did we go from the White Haired Devil strangling and beating guys to death in a teahouse, to Mr Miyagi and Jhoon Rhee?

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    I have an adult student who has also been traiinng in TSK for about two years. She really enjoys it-great workout,motivational teacher. The training is divided into Core-which is your pad drills, combos,and self-defense techniques, Kickboxing, which is sparring, and Submission Grappling. It seems that you buy a set amount of hours, say, 200 hrs. You then take classes in each catagory, and depending on how many hours-time on the floor training, will determine you moving up in rank. It's not the same as giving rank for attendance, but it makes sense that if you are spending so many hours training, naturally yuor skill level increases. It's expensive ,but they do alot of demographic research before opening up a new location, and they only open up in upscale, high traffic strip malls.
    She may be an exception to the rule as far as what an average TSK student is, as she has been doing MA for many years and has BB in Kenpo, TKD, trains in Hung-Ga with me, and does Tiger Shullman's Karate.
    Tiger Shullman is totally MMA now, and was probably one of the first to completely revamp his curriculum to MMA.
    All school owners are Tiger Shullman students, so they are highly motivated as well. Sounds like a good school to model.

Who are you, and what have you done with 10Tigers????
    SevenStar: It's hilarious seeing people's reactions when they see a big, black dude with a sword walking toward them.

Masterkiller: Especially when they're at the ATM.

WTF? How did we go from the White Haired Devil strangling and beating guys to death in a teahouse, to Mr Miyagi and Jhoon Rhee?