Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tiger Schulman's Horror Stories

Hybrid View

MonkeySlap Too Guest

Hey Rogue

What is the deal with Tiger Schulmann's lawsuit?

I am a big beleiver in luck. The more I work, the more luck I have.

rogue Guest
    Can't find the URL for the news story. What it boils down to is that martial arts studios don't have to follow the same rules as a health club or gym. They don't have to be bonded in case they go out of business, offer certain conditions for cancelation of contracts and many other things that health clubs have to follow. I'll try and find the article.

Rogue, you're an @ss!! Watchman

Adventure is just a romantic name for trouble. It sounds swell when you write about it, but it's hell when you meet it face to face in a dark and lonely place.
    Louis L'Amour

BTW, did I mention that Rogue was an @ss? Watchman

bdragon Guest

Tiger Schulman's Horror Stories

I'm curious to hear any horror stories those of you might have had with Tiger Schulman's Karate? A friend of mine went there and It was a nightmare

shaolinboxer Guest

Even more interesting

It would be even more interesting to hear positive stories about TSK.

Horror stories are so common they are boring by now...

mileh Guest
    Can someone please tell me who Tiger Schulman is?

Budokan Guest
    Yeah, and what are some of these horror stories? I'm unfamiliar with both aspects of this question.

K. Mark Hoover

jbmmaster Guest

Tiger shulmans karate

I heard that tiger shulmans karate is easy. There were people in my kungfu class that switched from TSK to my school because they said it was to easy. I was going to go their also but I didn't think it was worth going to. People in my school make a joke out of tiger shulmans. I mean just look at the commercials for tiger shulmans, thats the most lamest stuff Ive ever seen. But Ive got to admitt they sure market their School well.

"Beware of the chi within JB"

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by jbmmaster View Post
    I heard that tiger shulmans karate is easy. There were people in my kungfu class that switched from TSK to my school because they said it was to easy. I was going to go their also but I didn't think it was worth going to. People in my school make a joke out of tiger shulmans. I mean just look at the commercials for tiger shulmans, thats the most lamest stuff Ive ever seen. But Ive got to admitt they sure market their School well.

I have to agree with you that the commercials seem pretty lame but after I tried other classes in my area (Judo and Tae Kwon Do) I figured I would give it a shot because the classes I was in were not much of a workout at all and I didn't feel I was getting any benefit from taking them. Once I started Taking Tiger Shculmanns I realized that non of the stuff in the comercials is what we do that is only for the young young kids to make it fun and keep them interested. It's a way better workout than the other classes I took as well and I definatley feel like I'm getting somewhere after every class. Don't get me wrong your classes may be even more intense and if that is the case then I would see no reason to switch to any other schools at all.

I don't know what the above guy is talking about with them Guaranteeing you anything or giving you any time frame to become a black belt because they said that everyone takes a different amount of time to achieve a higher ranking and for some it may take a long time. Also there is no 2000 dollar charge that you can't get back either. You pay monthly and if you stop you don't pay anymore like most classes.

On top of that the current instructor at my school is currently the USKBA world Muay Thai Champion and has defended it and won as well.

Sorry to ramble on but I actually felt the same way you all did until I tried it and it just proves that you shouldn't Knock it till ya try it!

Easy son, these people belonged to the carefree America of yesteryear, before osama showed us that the only true way to combat terror is with Tiger Schulmans Karate. They didnt know

tiger!

while i can't say much for some of his students! i heard from many reliable sources that tiger shulman himself was the reall deal. so while the school may be commercial(hey this is america and in america you gotta make buck you know) it's to say that the teaching is commercial. now hold on i'm not promoting his school because he some **** heads for students who can't fight to save there lives, and only no that tournament fighting crap. but mr. shulman himself can probably whip some ass....

Quote Originally Posted by sunfist View Post
    Easy son, these people belonged to the carefree America of yesteryear, before osama showed us that the only true way to combat terror is with Tiger Schulmans Karate. They didnt know
    That was some funny ****!
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Quote Originally Posted by Wbarrett21 View Post
    I have to agree with you that the commercials seem pretty lame but after I tried other classes in my area (Judo and Tae Kwon Do) I figured I would give it a shot because the classes I was in were not much of a workout at all and I didn't feel I was getting any benefit from taking them. Once I started Taking Tiger Shculmanns I realized that non of the stuff in the comercials is what we do that is only for the young young kids to make it fun and keep them interested. It's a way better workout than the other classes I took as well and I definatley feel like I'm getting somewhere after every class. Don't get me wrong your classes may be even more intense and if that is the case then I would see no reason to switch to any other schools at all.

I don't know what the above guy is talking about with them Guaranteeing you anything or giving you any time frame to become a black belt because they said that everyone takes a different amount of time to achieve a higher ranking and for some it may take a long time. Also there is no 2000 dollar charge that you can't get back either. You pay monthly and if you stop you don't pay anymore like most classes.

On top of that the current instructor at my school is currently the USKBA world Muay Thai Champion and has defended it and won as well.

Sorry to ramble on but I actually felt the same way you all did until I tried it and it just proves that you shouldn't Knock it till ya try it!
    what a joke bro...

Quote Originally Posted by Wbarrett21 View Post

And the Brainwashing continues........................

Try the ATA next if you feel your brain isn't washed enough.

mas oyama karate?

is that reference to Kyukoshin kai?

because Kyukoshin is is Mas Oyama's style.

so tiger shullman is a k1 fighter? If so, props, that's good karate!

If not, then that's a tad misleading.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Please My Qoute On Page Two!

Quote Originally Posted by jbmmaster View Post

Please see my post on page two.