Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Superbowl XLV

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    It was a gorgeous day - sort of a shame to be inside.

I'm sorry I missed Aguilera's national anthem. That sounded funny.
    ...more like cringe worthy!
    "The true meaning of a given movement in a form is not its application, but rather the unlimited potential of the mind to provide muscular and skeletal support for that movement." Gregory Fong

Most watched ever

Go figure.
    Super Bowl XLV Most-Watched TV Show Of All Time
    by Michael Bean on Feb 7, 2011 5:40 PM EST

Yup, you read that right. Not only was Super Bowl XLV the highest rated Super Bowl ever, it was the most viewed television show ever. FOX's broadcast of the Pittsburgh Steelers 31-25 loss to the Green Bay Packers reached a total audience of 162.9 million viewers, making it the most-watched show in U.S. television history according to The Nielsen Company. I suppose I shouldn't sound so surprised that it was the most watched show ever, as Super Bowls now account for the 20 most-watched programs in history in terms of total viewers.

Most-Watched TV Programs, Total Viewers

Super Bowl XLV (Packers-Steelers), 2/6/11
    162.9 million

Super Bowl XLIV (Colts-Saints), 2/7/10
    153.4 million

Super Bowl XLIII (Cardinals-Steelers), 2/1/09
    151.6 million

Super Bowl XLII (Giants-Patriots), 2/3/08
    148.3 million

Super Bowl XXXVIII (Patriots-Panthers), 2/1/04
    144.4 million

Source: NFL, The Nielsen Company

As thrilling as it was to be in attendance last night, there is definitely something to be said for watching football on television. Replays, re-watching certain plays if you have DVR, cheaper food and beverages, and at least when it comes to the Super Bowl, the ability to watch the commercials during breaks in the action -- all are benefits of viewing pigskin games from home rather than at the stadium.

Speaking of commercials, since i haven't yet seen any of them or had time to really read about which companies hit and missed the mark with their outrageously expensive spots, maybe some of you can help out and let me know which you liked and disliked, which you thought were unique, a waste of money, etc.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

From Don Hyun Kiolbassa

Don did our Rope Dart video. He gave some sort of demo at the pre-game show. He just posted this pic on his facebook.

Swimsuit photo shoot for the next Miss Sport Football Superbowl Weekend on South Beach!
    Way to represent, Don!
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart