Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: This nasty winter

Yet another "educated" conservative that doesn't know the difference between climate and weather.
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    The plastic patch is mostly microscopic-sized particles. You can't even see most of it with your naked eye.
    and thats what the fish think is food?? makes sense i guess... i understand why plastic comes together tho... could you drive a boat thru it or will it mess up your prop??

1 bad would like a source for the sky is blue.

lol. It's like trying to teach calculus to a monkey.

meh, he's a troll.

troll him back.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    The plastic patch is mostly microscopic-sized particles. You can't even see most of it with your naked eye.
    They also say that there are microscopic-sized elephants flying all over the Pacific Ocean, but they cannot show them, because they are too small too photograph...

Quote Originally Posted by BJJ-Blue View Post
    I see others are figuring it out too. It's just another scam whose main purpose is to hurt American business and take away rights of Americans as well.

Look, I have to breathe the same air you guys do. So I do give a darn. But if you guys want to drive golf carts around town and recycle shopping bags, cans, and eat organic, etc, more power to you. Just don't go passing laws that force me to do the same. If it weren't for our freedoms being on the line, I wouldn't give a care how much lying, manipulating data, changing the goalposts, etc these con men did. But when it affects mine (and everyone else's) freedoms, I'll stand up and expose it for the fraud it is.

Again, show me THREE or more scientists saying 10 years (or longer) ago that as part of Global Warming we could expect harsher winters, record snowfalls, record low temps, etc before the warming and I'll start to take these people seriously.
    This assault on our freedoms effects more than the American people. It effects the world. No matter where you are on this planet, nowadays you will have to pay extra money for air travel. Money that ultimately ends up on the pockets of the Al Gore gang and their controllers.

To me it just defies logic to say, 'The massive cooling proves there is warming'.
    They use anything they can to justify their SCAM. When we get warmer than usual weather, then they call it "Global Warming". Then when we get colder than usual weather, then they say that it is "Climate Change".....LOL!

I am laughing, but he funniest and at the same time saddest part is that many neuron challenged members of the world community believe all of this BS, because they have seen some crook in suite on TV telling them that it is.

I'm paraphrasing but this is how I heard a climatologist describe the process;

Leave your freezer open over night and what happens? The freezer melts and the rest of the room gets colder.

That is like what is happening now. The Arctic ice is melting; this is a verifiable fact. This is releasing cold air towards the equator which is why we are seeing all these crazy winter weather patterns.

In the grand scheme of things, it's really not a big deal. People who claim to care about the environment don't give a **** about the environment; they care about the Human race, they are just anthropomorphizing their fear of extinction onto the Earth. Planet Earth is going to be just fine.

We should be so lucky as to be witness to an extinction event.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    This is not a veiled request for compliments

The short story is I did 325# for one set of 1 rep.

1) Does this sound gifted, or just lucky?

Yes, it is not difficult to understand and yes it is happening.

But there is a huge amount of propaganda being released that counters it with all sorts of fabrications because of business and money.

Let's face it, rampant "me" thinkers and greed has essentially brought about much of this ruination.

The only law that people need to worry about is law of the jungle. Eventually people will get fed up and start to literally assault those people who exhibit casual disregard for others and the planet.

It happens now. It will get worse I predict.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

It is common sense that we humans are making our mark on the environment, good and bad of course.
    I have found that "climate change zealots" have become their own worse nightmare with their extremist attitude and their 'ends justifies the means" tactics.

I have no doubt that we are effecting our climate, I would just like to see some unbiased and common sense evidence of such.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by SanHeChuan View Post
    Yet another "educated" conservative that doesn't know the difference between climate and weather.
    So again, show me THREE scientists saying at least 10 years ago that as part of 'Global Warming' or even the new buzzword 'Climate Change' that we would have record low temps, record snowfalls, harsher winters, etc in the near future followed by the global warming.

It's real easy to give these guys credibility. If a few of them predicted this, I'd have no choice but to admit they might well be onto something.

And FYI, this 'climate' vs 'weather' was moot when they were screming 'Global Warming'. But once the record cold winters started happening, it morphed into 'Climate Change'. If you fall for the scam, fine. But without proof of any of these guys prediciting the record cold, I cannot take them seriously. Why you blindly follow people who were dead wrong in their predicitions is beyond me. Do you also believe in Sylvia Browne and John Edward?

Quote Originally Posted by SanHeChuan View Post
    You could apply the same comment to the Global Warming con-men, who site above average temparatures during a given period of time, as a change in climate, but do not do the same when the temperatures fall below average, referring to this as just a weather abnomality.

So again, show me THREE scientists saying at least 10 years ago that as part of 'Global Warming' or even the new buzzword 'Climate Change' that we would have record low temps, record snowfalls, harsher winters, etc in the near future followed by the global warming.

It's real easy to give these guys credibility. If a few of them predicted this, I'd have no choice but to admit they might well be onto something.

And FYI, this 'climate' vs 'weather' was moot when they were screming 'Global Warming'. But once the record cold winters started happening, it morphed into 'Climate Change'. If you fall for the scam, fine. But without proof of any of these guys prediciting the record cold, I cannot take them seriously. Why you blindly follow people who were dead wrong in their predicitions is beyond me. Do you also believe in Sylvia Browne and John Edward?
    The Global Warming CON-MEN make it up as they go along and their followers, who are generally the "rebels looking for a cause" types, follow them blindly.

If next winter turns out to be a mild one, then we will be told that this is proof of Man Made Global warming heating up the earth.....LOL!

FWIW, the earth cools and warms periodically, depending on sun spot activity. The same is true about the other planets that orbit the sun....

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post

Leave your freezer open over night and what happens? The freezer melts and the rest of the room gets colder.
    If that were true, then we would have the earth cooling down since this whole scam started. Yet, not all winters and summers have been having below average temperatures!

That is like what is happening now. The Arctic ice is melting; this is a verifiable fact. This is releasing cold air towards the equator which is why we are seeing all these crazy winter weather patterns.
    Some climatologists claim that the melting of the arctic is a cyclical. The same is true of the warming and cooling of the earth, which correlates with high and low sunspot activity. Have you heard any of the "Global Warming" CON-MEN, "scientists" included refer to this rather well known phenomenon?

In the grand scheme of things, it's really not a big deal. People who claim to care about the environment don't give a **** about the environment; they care about the Human race, they are just anthropomorphizing their fear of extinction onto the Earth. Planet Earth is going to be just fine.
    This same human instinct of survival is being exploited by the "Global Warming" CON-MEN as part of a bigger plan to implement more controls, including laws, taxes and tarrifs, that will do nothing except enslave us more.

The same is true about other engineered "threats", such as the "Terrorist Threat", "Threats from Epidemics and Endemics", and etc.

I am hoping to be lucky enought to witness the arrest and imprisonment of all of these con-men and psychopaths that have made life on this planet a misery for millions of innocent human beings!

Two different people who I've known, one a physical geographer whose specialty was the effects and cleanup of various toxic wastes, the other a climatologist, put it this way, based on their education and years of working in the field, not solely in research, but a good amount of corporate work(at the time, they were professors of mine):

Higher temperatures melt the caps, releasing much cooler water into the surrounding oceans. The convection at place in the world's oceans then tends to lead it on semi-predictable paths. The concern is not solely the higher temperatures at the outset, which vary by a few degrees from "normal" periods, but from the increasing influx of melted water from the caps, cooling the oceans themselves, whose capacity to retain temperature becomes a problem.

It is a normal process, but modern life has influenced it this time. Smog filled areas do not disperse their heat normally, large cities predominantly made of concrete and steel become hotter throughout the day and again, do not use or disperse their heat like organic regions. In seeing people who actually work in the sciences related to geology and climate, one doesn't run into the so-called controversy others place on these ideas(much like the so-called controversy regarding evolution, a controversy that does not exist in anything like that reported outside research circles). They argue to some extent about degree of influence, but it seems like, at least in the journals, most of the research that has held up says there is an influence, and it would be better to curb or minimize man-made contributions.

As for melting caps lowering the temperatures of the oceans, that idea has been around for more than twenty years, if memory serves me correctly.
    As for severity of winter, there's many more factors, among them the sun and its varied activities, that play into that, but the idea that global warming could have a role in ice ages is not new at all.

As for China, two years ago they did away with plastic shopping bags in the province I was in by simply requiring shops to sell them: no one wanted to pay for something that was gratis before, so they began using reusable bags. Only a lazy ass can't get a reusable bag.

As for freedom, we aren't free to own nuclear bombs, pour poison into water reservoirs, litter, etc. There is no practical difference between unnecessarily using disposable goods and littering.
    I would use a blue eyed, blond haired Chechnyan to ruin you- Drake on weapons

Quote Originally Posted by KC Elbows View Post
    Two different people who I've known, one a physical geographer whose specialty was the effects and cleanup of various toxic wastes, the other a climatologist, put it this way, based on their education and years of working in the field, not solely in research, but a good amount of corporate work(at the time, they were professors of mine):

Higher temperatures melt the caps, releasing much cooler water into the surrounding oceans. The convection at place in the world's oceans then tends to lead it on semi-predictable paths. The concern is not solely the higher temperatures at the outset, which vary by a few degrees from "normal" periods, but from the increasing influx of melted water from the caps, cooling the oceans themselves, whose capacity to retain temperature becomes a problem.

It is a normal process, but modern life has influenced it this time. Smog filled areas do not disperse their heat normally, large cities predominantly made of concrete and steel become hotter throughout the day and again, do not use or disperse their heat like organic regions. In seeing people who actually work in the sciences related to geology and climate, one doesn't run into the so-called controversy others place on these ideas(much like the so-called controversy regarding evolution, a controversy that does not exist in anything like that reported outside research circles). They argue to some extent about degree of influence, but it seems like, at least in the journals, most of the research that has held up says there is an influence, and it would be better to curb or minimize man-made contributions.

As for melting caps lowering the temperatures of the oceans, that idea has been around for more than twenty years, if memory serves me correctly.
    As for severity of winter, there's many more factors, among them the sun and its varied activities, that play into that, but the idea that global warming could have a role in ice ages is not new at all.

As for China, two years ago they did away with plastic shopping bags in the province I was in by simply requiring shops to sell them: no one wanted to pay for something that was gratis before, so they began using reusable bags. Only a lazy ass can't get a reusable bag.

As for freedom, we aren't free to own nuclear bombs, pour poison into water reservoirs, litter, etc. There is no practical difference between unnecessarily using disposable goods and littering.
    This short video clip says it all:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGIh6PIz7fE

So KC, why were we not told this would happen by the Global Warming 'scientists'?

We heard of how new deserts would be created, sea levels would rise and thus permanently submerge many coastal areas, and temps would rise dramatically. No one said a word back then about record cold winters, snowfalls, etc. No one. But now they are saying they can explain it all. It's flat out amazing that those who failed to predict this are now saying they were right all along. It's even more amazing some people still believe these con artists.