Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: This nasty winter

Quote Originally Posted by BJJ-Blue View Post
    No, you actually missed my point.

Let me try it another way (and yes, this is VERY simplified). Say we have 25 environmental laws on our books, and China has just 1. Now businesses can still operate here under the 25 laws and still turn a profit. But when you add more and more laws, lets say 20 more, you now have 45 laws, while China now has 4. And now many companies cannot manufacture here at a profit and thus move operations to China in order to survive. Now their factories only have to operate under 4 laws. But if the liberals hadn't added the extra laws that chased the facotries away they would still be operating under 25 laws. And 25 laws are more stringent than 4. Get it, or was this a bad/too generic example?
    As China develops, it is passing it's own environmental regulations because the people want a better quailty of life.

Efforts to control China's pollution problem have become a top priority of the Chinese leadership. In March 1998, the State Environmental Protection Administration (SEPA) was officially upgraded to a ministry-level agency, reflecting the growing importance the PRC government places on environmental protection. Beginning in 2006, the government greatly expanded expenses into environmental protection, and a series of new laws have been passed. Enforcement of these laws is also being expanded. The PRC has strengthened its environmental legislation and made some progress in stemming environmental deterioration. During the 11th 5-Year Plan (2006–2010), the PRC plans to reduce total emissions by 15% and bring China's energy efficiency up by 30%. Beijing in particular invested heavily in pollution control as part of its campaign to host a successful Olympiad in 2008. Some cities have seen improvement in air quality in recent years. In the first half of 2007, China's total energy consumption per unit of output improved by 2.8% and China's sulfur dioxide emissions fell by 0.6%, showing that these new measures have the potential to slow down pollution growth. [2] Since 2002, the number of complaints to the environmental authorities has increased by 30% every year, reaching 600,000 in 2004; while the number of mass protests caused by environmental issues has grown by 29% every year.[3] [4] The Financial Times said a World Bank report, entitled Cost of Pollution in China, (prepared with the cooperation of the State Environmental Protection Agency)[5] found up to 760,000 people die prematurely each year in China because of air and water pollution. High levels of air pollution in China's cities leads to 350,000-400,000 premature deaths, it said. Another 300,000 die because of indoor air of poor quality. The newspaper article, quoting World Bank advisers and Chinese officials, also said that the report omitted research showing that there are 60,000 premature deaths each year because of water of poor quality.[6]
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Would it bum you all out to know that we're having T-shirt weather this weekend?

T-shirt weather. In early February.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Lets keep this simple shall we?
    With close to 7 billion people on this planet and millions of cars and factories and so forth, does ANYONE think that the environment is NOT effected by Us?
    Of course the envirnonment is effected by us and we need to look after the environment using common sense and responsible behavior, so as to not damage it and hence affect our own quality, as well as that of other living creatures. That is the truth of the matter.

However, the con-men of the "Man Made Global Warming" agenda are mixing a lot of lies with the above truth, in order to build a following so that they, or more accurately, their masters, can create more taxes and control mechanisms to control the human race and push them towards accepting their New World Order (one world government) agenda.

That was what the Copenhagen meeting was all about, where they wanted international commissions that had jurisdiction over national boundaries (read, one more step towards a world government), to implement the laws that were to save us from total "doom".

Fortunately, on this occasion the "Man Made Global Warming con-men did not suceed and fell on their own fat faces. However, they will keep trying. So prepare yourself for more TV images of melting icebergs, and sun stroked penguins....LOL

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Now the proponents, sorry con-men, of "Man Made Global Warming" theory are going to blame Climate Change and not say that this is simply a stroke of unusal weather. LOL

That wasn't what I was implying, Hardwork108...

...but now that you mention it, it is suspicious.

I was actually trying not to be smug about having gorgeous weather while everyone else isn't. Schadenfreude?
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

What ever Mr. Humble. I'll be plenty smug for the both of us. WEST COAST WEATHER FOR THE WIN. Eat my T-Shirts, snow suckers.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Oh forget the T-shirts...

...if this warming trend continues, it'll be the right weather for frolicking nekkid.

I love California.

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Of course the envirnonment is effected by us and we need to look after the environment using common sense and responsible behavior, so as to not damage it and hence affect our own quality, as well as that of other living creatures. That is the truth of the matter.
    No need to go further.
    I don't give a rat's ass in a hurricane about climate change, global warming or the yearly amount of Yak manure in the Andes, I don't give a flying **** about what MAY be or COULD be or is POSSIBLE, I care about what we are doing NOW and how to fix it, NOW.

The problem is that, whether we care to admit it or not, without the "global warming" scare NO ONE would have done anything, probably.

While I detest "ends justifies the means" approaches it seems that this time they worked, for a bit anyways.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Climate change indeed !!!
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by BJJ-Blue View Post
    No, you actually missed my point.

Let me try it another way (and yes, this is VERY simplified). Say we have 25 environmental laws on our books, and China has just 1. Now businesses can still operate here under the 25 laws and still turn a profit. But when you add more and more laws, lets say 20 more, you now have 45 laws, while China now has 4. And now many companies cannot manufacture here at a profit and thus move operations to China in order to survive. Now their factories only have to operate under 4 laws. But if the liberals hadn't added the extra laws that chased the facotries away they would still be operating under 25 laws. And 25 laws are more stringent than 4. Get it, or was this a bad/too generic example?
    right... so rather than do the moral thing, rather than doing whats best for your country and the planet in general, unharnessed capitalism does everything it can to produce the maximum profit regardless of the consequences... they will ruin whole towns just to increase profits... some would call that treasonous... me, i just call it selfish, immoral and down right f@ggotry... but hey, thats just me...

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    um, dropped this.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Are those girls, twins?

Hey, wait a minute, you can't post such videos, you are moderator!
    Last edited by Hardwork108; 02-04-2011 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    No need to go further.
    I don't give a rat's ass in a hurricane about climate change, global warming or the yearly amount of Yak manure in the Andes, I don't give a flying **** about what MAY be or COULD be or is POSSIBLE, I care about what we are doing NOW and how to fix it, NOW.

The problem is that, whether we care to admit it or not, without the "global warming" scare NO ONE would have done anything, probably.

While I detest "ends justifies the means" approaches it seems that this time they worked, for a bit anyways.

I see your point. However, it is my opinion that whatever the early benefits we might get from this elaborate international scam, the real intention of this scam has little to do with saving the planet and a lot to do with increasing taxation/control and leading to an eventual one world dictatorial government.

That is worrying and I believe that more of us have to see the real intention behind all of these international "problems" that need international "solutions" that are being presented to us all of the time. International "solutions" are then said to need international bodies to implement, and this is how we are being tip toed towards a world government....

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    right... so rather than do the moral thing, rather than doing whats best for your country and the planet in general, unharnessed capitalism does everything it can to produce the maximum profit regardless of the consequences... they will ruin whole towns just to increase profits... some would call that treasonous... me, i just call it selfish, immoral and down right f@ggotry... but hey, thats just me...
    You changed my words. I never said anything about "maximum profit", I said "cannot manufacture here at a profit". Huge difference.

Another example:

"Aug. 4, 2010

General Motors will invest $500 million to produce a new vehicle and eight-cylinder engines in a plant in northeastern Mexico, a company spokesman said on August 4."

So if Obama's own company won't even open up plants here in the US, that should tell you something.

Source: (full article) http://industryweek.com/articles/gm_...ico_22462.aspx