Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 基本功/Ji Ben Gong

Ah, thanks Gene. That would explain why we use it as we do in my school. Nice to know.

Back home in Atlanta, GA, USA, after living in Singapore
    We do all sorts of things from form extractions, to micro-movements, etc. Some small examples would be:

Right Bow stance - sink weight back - toe in - shift to horse - shift weight back - toe out - shift to bow

Right bow stance - sink weight back as right forearm does circular "block" (more like bridging, but we just call it make contact - whether offensively or defensively) with palm facing obliquely up & towards face, with left palm "lil bro" fingertips at right elbow - turn right palm over into eagle claw - pull claw to right hip [this drill has variations based on timing of weight shift/contact/pull

Relaxed right bow stance with waist between horse/bow - pivot waist to right as right in-to-out contact/block/etc. and left strike

And many many others
    Yes, "Northwind" is my internet alias used for years that has lots to do with my main style, as well as other lil cool things - it just works. Wanna know my name? Ask me

http://www.pathsatlanta.org