Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kung Fu: Silva uses Front Push Kick to KO Belfort

Kung Fu: Silva uses Front Push Kick to KO Belfort

He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Ewww !
    That eww factor aside, that wasn't a typical front push kick, that's for sure.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

FYI:
    Silva went toe-to-toe with Belfort (19-9) in the main event of UFC 126 in Las Vegas Saturday night. After a long feeling-out process, Belfort got things going with a two-punch combo. Silva began to awaken and, moments later, dropped the former light-heavyweight champion with a nasty front kick to the jaw. Two more punches on the ground and it was academic.

Silva credited actor and martial artist Steven Seagal for teaching him the technique.

“The last time I did my training camp here, I was training at Black House with Steven Seagal, and he helped me a lot with that kick,” Silva said at the post-fight press conference through his translator and manager, Ed Soares. “He perfected it. I did that kick for a long time, and he actually helped me perfect it.”
    The Segal connection !!

Get mad if you must, but if MMA champs are learning front kicks from Steven Segal, well, to me that just says it all about the quality of their MA right now.

Blog Entries
    It fuking worked....that's the only thing that counted. Belforts head was a bobble head on his neck when Silva's foot met chin.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Fair enough, hsk, it does look like a nice kick (other than the editing ), maybe Silva just wanted to thank Seagal publicly for something and this was how he did it. I was just making trouble. My bad.

Still though, I don't think many people here would choose Seagal to teach them front kicks...unless it was for some marketing purposes?

Quote Originally Posted by ShaolinDan View Post
    Still though, I don't think many people here would choose Seagal to teach them front kicks...unless it was for some marketing purposes?
    Seagal has one of the best front kicks I've seen.
    I don't think Silva went to Steven for that ( if he went to Steven for anything at all) but that he got something from training with Steven just goes to show that even a world class fighter like Silva always can learn something.

There's a lesson in there for us all.

Besides, it's not as if he went to the shaolin-do guys, LOL !

"Besides, it's not as if he went to the shaolin-do guys"

they were too deadly for anderson they shocked him with their lack of mercy for their opponents

he may have drilled it more so when he was with seagal

the kicks in mt and tkd which are two arts silva is well versed in

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

The Segal thing is a joke. I'm surprised by how many people are taken in by it.

Anderson does not respect anyone but his training partners. He has zero respect for all the fighters he faces. The getting on the knees and bowing to the opponents he just demolished is a show.

Segal was brought in for his last fight with Chael Sonnen. Sonnen was talking major smack, so the next thing you know videos of Segal training Silva and his training partner Machida come out.

IMHO. I might be wrong, but this is all tongue-in-cheek, and few MMA websites seem to be catching it.

there was that team fighting mma league that was around for a bit, not sure if it still is, there was a hyper blond jesus guy on there that got a KO with a sidekick one match. pretty sweet stuff.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    even a world class fighter like Silva always can learn something.

There's a lesson in there for us all.
    The best always know there is still room to grow, the rest never become the best.

man im smart
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    LOL! Apparently the smell was enough for Vitor...

What an idiot that Joe Rogan is. Never seen anyone get knocked out with a front kick in kickboxing, TKD, karate etc. Showing his 'well rounded' martial arts experience once again. Obviously never seen any Kyokushin tournaments for one...

- 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE