Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shuai Jiao In MMA

Shuai Jiao In MMA

Here is my shuai jiao coach and good friend Yao Honggang.He become a pro mma fighter a few years back,he is a shuai jiao wrestler with a background in zhong guo shuai jaio http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjQyNzYwNDA0.html here is Yao fighting at 52:47Yao Honggang 

Kudos to him for stepping up! With whom does he cross train?
    Of the "thousands" of throws the Chinese have, apparently Yao only has one is his arsenal and even then he REALLY needs to work on it!

Good scrap. Not sure of the outcome, some homeboy favoritism there.

Thanks for sharing!
    JAB
    "Gravity doesn't lie, and the ground never misses."
    Jake Burroughs
    Three Harmonies Chinese Martial Arts Center
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com
    three_harmonies@hotmail.com
    www.threeharmonies.blogspot.com

i saw three different throw in that fight,he did a head lock hip throw at the begining put him in a side mount and a lift slam at the begining too, then the sigle leg throw for the rest of the match. I have trained in shuai jiao for 5 years now in china,whith yao for over a year,and alot of the sj throws are just not so easy to pull off in that type of setting. I can't say for sure i never did mma. But yao has lots of other throw in his arsonal,he is 61 kg and has the strengh of a 200 pounder easily. well he is up for a title fight now can't be too bad.

And he does BJJ with Ruy Meneves a black belt from brazil,and does some sanda and tai boxing at the black tiger gym in beijing too.
    Last edited by wiz cool c; 02-12-2011 at 09:25 AM.

you know i have high hope for chinese mma... but the more i watch... between legends, art of war and you tube clips, chinese mma just isnt ready to take on the world yet... in a country of so many with such a martial tradition, i EXPECT so much more... they shouldnt have any probs with the rule set... but most of the chinese stand up was average and the standing grappling was the best stuff they did and that wasnt even that great... but their ground games suck for the most part... a few good guys, in a country of billions??? they arent ready... and its gonna be a few years before they are... and even then, only if they get with the program...

im still waiting for some hung gar master to show us how great his style is...

oh and it seems china isnt able to properly judge an mma match... ur teacher lost that fight, straight up... there wasnt even a maybe there... it was 3 rounds to ZERO... ofcourse i can accept a 2 to 1 but not in favor of yao... that was absolute bull****... dude lost coz he was not from china, plain and simple... yall need to get that cleared up if you want to atract real talent from outside china and asia in general...

Other then the two nice knock downs in the first round the guy did nothing the rest of the fight. Yao got like 10 take downs,and and an advantage on the ground.yao went after him the whole fight. I know they cheat fighters in china but i think Yao won that fight for sure.

i disagree... and for the record i think judging sucks in the states too... takedowns get too much value and being on top isnt always because you are being offensive, some people want to be on the bottom and are effective at strikes and submissions from there and they shouldnt lose to a freestyle wrestler that does the lay and pray while attempting maybe a few simple submissions... whats worse is that successful takedowns score huge whereas awesome reversals or sweet takedown defence get no love... a guy can pull guard and attempt 40 subs on a guy in his guard who threw like one successful punch and wins the round for being in the dominant position... its bullsh1t... the problem is the judges are judges from other sports like wrestling boxing or kickboxing etc etc... and they reward what they are familliar with ahd used to rewarding... if they dont know what a pentagram choke is how can they credit a guy for nearly getting one locked in???

i think if yaos fight had been scored like nelson "doc" hamilton proposes fights should be scored, which is a far bvetter system, then yao would have lost... i think his opponbent did more damage and worked his will more... since he was muay thai and juijitsu and donty feel he should be penalized for being on his back... neither should yao for that matter, and yao spent alot of that fight on his back... whiteboy made more sub attempts, landed more and harder strikes and stuffed way more attempts than yao had successful takedowns... he controlled the clinch in the striking aspect which is the part that does damage and he clearly dominated ALL of the standup... so yeah, i disagree, he hurt yao more than yao hurt him and the landed strike ratio is way in favor of whiteboy... but its cool, he's ur teacher, its understandable that you see it that way...

but maaaan, two knockdowns and absolutely dominant standup in the first round and one retard judge actually had the nerve to not even hide his bias and called it a 30/27 fight... that is just bullsh1t, the man shouldnt be allowed to judge sanctioned fights ANYWHERE...
    Last edited by Syn7; 02-12-2011 at 07:57 PM.

Thumbs down

I would give the guy round one yes, but the rest of the fight he didnt land **** ,he did nothing but exscape the ground and stand back up the rest of the fight. maybe the white commenter are bias for thier white fighter..
    Last edited by wiz cool c; 02-12-2011 at 10:40 PM.

what does the commentator have to do with my opinion???

im the one without bias and any attachement to either fighter... im impartial and have no reason to call it one way or another... i call it how i saw it... you just need to accept that and move on... i think your man lost and you think he won... i cant see why there is any need to go on about it, especially about completely irrelevant sh1t like the commentators... besides, i didnt watch it with sound and i never saw any white commentators... im basing my opinion on what i saw, not what i heard or how i feel about either of the fighters... can you claim such impartiality? no you cant... it was somewhat close, of course you think your teacher won...

and quite frankly, to pull the race card is weak... i didnt say they called in favor of chinese fighters becoz they are asian, i think it was a national pride thing, white brown black whatever... i think they would cheat to give it to a chinese fighter over any other nationality... the racial aspects never even came into my mind... but now i know where your mind is at...
    Last edited by Syn7; 02-13-2011 at 01:01 AM.

Yao backed up the majority of that fight brother. He was NOT the aggressor!

Good points Syn!
    "Gravity doesn't lie, and the ground never misses."
    Jake Burroughs
    Three Harmonies Chinese Martial Arts Center
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com
    three_harmonies@hotmail.com
    www.threeharmonies.blogspot.com

how can you back up while doing takedowns

Shuai Jiao in MMA

interesting little intro to Yao Honggang's Shuai Jiao background,and his transformation into MMA http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gp3Si...e-kEx1JXUs9TcA

Shuai Jiao in MMA

Are there any notable MMA fighters with a Shuai Jiao background?

Quote Originally Posted by RickMatz View Post
    Are there any notable MMA fighters with a Shuai Jiao background?
    Don't know, but one of the competitors on "Ultimate Fighter: China" has a SJ background. http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...-of-TUF-China/

"Fu Chang - Shuai jiao competitor."

Quote Originally Posted by MightyB View Post
    Don't know, but one of the competitors on "Ultimate Fighter: China" has a SJ background. http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...-of-TUF-China/

"Fu Chang - Shuai jiao competitor."

Dana White has a good game going on and if he wants to 'up his game' a team of good shuaijiao against a good MMA would definately increase ratings. He has to play it safe and I doubt such a programme would be received because I have strong knowledge that shuaijiao will beat MMA. Will my hypothesis be realistic? Time will tell, I think