Thread: What is the average amount of time you spend in the dojo/gym/studio?

What is the average amount of time you spend in the dojo/gym/studio?

I'm currently practicing Teoul Moon Kung Fu and I spend about an hour and a half 5 days a week in practice. My practice consists of streches, kicks, punching set, stances, then forms (weapons and open hand) unfortunatly I'm away from my school of origin so I am currently practicing alone.

I'm 2 belts/slashes away from my black, and I was wandering how other students spend their time in practice?

Right now I spend about 1-2 hours 3 days a week practicing with my club in the evening (depending on when I finish my art class). And I spend about 45 minutes to an hour practicing on the off days. Actually going to rework my workout routine to make it more efficient and focus on strength training.

I don't really count much stretching as part of my workout time since I can do that while watching tv, doing homework, etc. at various times throughout the day separate from my structured designated workout time (along with some other small exercises).
    Last edited by B-Rad; 02-14-2011 at 10:37 AM.

Strength Training: Monday, Wednesday, Friday
    M-Back, Legs, & Abs
    W-Chest & Abs
    F-Bi, Tris, Abs
    Lifting takes about 1 hour and usually do a 2 mile jog on the tread mill afterwards.

Kung Fu: Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday
    I teach class and do basics, stance training, forms, and sparring with my students as much as I can when I am not teaching and correcting. Class is 6-8pm. My workout before that consists of this:

2-3 minute rounds on the double end ball
    3-3 minute rounds on the thai bag
    2-3 minute rounds boxing (all hands)
    1-3 minute round thai bag (kicks alone)
    1-3 minute round throwing dummy (shuai jiao throws, takedowns, ect.)

Also will get in some mitt work and Thai mitt work if I have someone to hold for me. Saturday is my open gym day at the school so I usually get a great workout in on that day.
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". -Cus D'Amato

Mon
    8am - sprinting
    1pm - stability ball/core exercises
    6pm - MMA
    8pm - sparring

Tues
    10am - BJJ
    2pm - weight training
    6pm - wrestling
    8pm - sparring

Wed
    10am - power lifting
    6pm - MMA
    8pm - sparring

Thurs
    8am - speed, agility, quickness drills, sprinting
    1pm - stability ball/core exercises
    6pm - wrestling
    8pm - sparring

Fri
    10am - BJJ

Sat
    10am - Tai Chi
    12pm - sparring

This is a typical week for me. I also have the time and finances to be able to train as much as I like. I still teach classic Shaolin but only about 3-4 hours per week.

Including cleaning it or using the treadmill?
    Kung Fu is good for you.