Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Repubs in S. Dakota Move To Legalize Killing Abortion Docs

equal opportunity under law... but not in real life... we all know it... most of us see it one way or another... as a victim, a perpetrator, gawker... its obvious and its clear... all politics aside...

ofcourse when you get into the complexities of corporate law that whole equality thing goes right out the window... but thats another topic...

Again Syn, I'm not being naive and arguing we are all starting out at the same starting gate. We aren't. But every last one of us has the opportunity to win the race.

Look at John Schnatter. The guy wasn't born rich, nor poor either. But he SACRIFICED his most loved possession, his 1971 Camaro Z-28 to start a business. And that business is now the 3rd biggest pizza chain in the US. Now alot of guys have had richer parents and tried to start businesses, and yet they didn't achieve more than Mr Schnatter. He was far from starting off at the 'front of the pack', but still he finished in 1st place (the other 2 chains were around before his was). We should emulate success, not punish it. People should admire people like that guy, not complain that people like that won "Life's Lottery".

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    equal opportunity under law... but not in real life... we all know it... most of us see it one way or another... as a victim, a perpetrator, gawker... its obvious and its clear... all politics aside...

ofcourse when you get into the complexities of corporate law that whole equality thing goes right out the window... but thats another topic...
    You can whine all you want to - people don't want illiterates, thieves, ebonics speaking lazy-bots and other kinds of rip-off artist in their company.

I guess if people really were equal it might be different, but since they are not but like to say so then what else can a company do?

There is no real way in any grown up mind that a illiterate with a entirely criminal life is equal to a literate with professional skills. They are not equal at all. That is just a lie.
    "The perfect way to do, is to be" ~ Lao Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by curenado View Post
    You can whine all you want to - people don't want illiterates, thieves, ebonics speaking lazy-bots and other kinds of rip-off artist in their company.

I guess if people really were equal it might be different, but since they are not but like to say so then what else can a company do?

There is no real way in any grown up mind that a illiterate with a entirely criminal life is equal to a literate with professional skills. They are not equal at all. That is just a lie.
    Thank you. Very well said.

Quote Originally Posted by curenado View Post

so what? if you reside in the lowest bracket you are a lazy ebonics speaking illiterate lying theif? come on now... you know d@mn well that there are a ton of good people held down by prejudice... white collar crime is all clean nice and happy, all good... but the dirty proletariat is just cramping your style huh... nice... stealing 40 million and doing lines in a huge bathroom is somehow more acceptable than a guy who jacked somebody to hit the pipe? you shouldnt classify people like that... where they live, who they are related to etc shouldnt be a tag that they cant just shake off by being good people... but they are treated like the ones who arent...

im not advocating for theives... im advocating for people that are written off as theives because of how they look, where they live, what color their skin is etc etc...

Nebraska Resurrects "Justifiable Homicide" Abortion Bill

http://motherjones.com/politics/2011...-abortion-bill

so what? if you reside in the lowest bracket you are a lazy ebonics speaking illiterate lying theif? come on now... you know d@mn well that there are a ton of good people held down by prejudice... white collar crime is all clean nice and happy, all good... but the dirty proletariat is just cramping your style huh... nice... stealing 40 million and doing lines in a huge bathroom is somehow more acceptable than a guy who jacked somebody to hit the pipe? you shouldnt classify people like that... where they live, who they are related to etc shouldnt be a tag that they cant just shake off by being good people... but they are treated like the ones who arent...

im not advocating for theives... im advocating for people that are written off as theives because of how they look, where they live, what color their skin is etc etc...
    He didn't say any of that. He didn't even mention race. Once again, when someone advocates personal responsibility and making good choices as a key to success, he is called/inferred a racist.

<<He didn't say any of that. He didn't even mention race. Once again, when someone advocates personal responsibility and making good choices as a key to success, he is called/inferred a racist. >>

No, I didn't - and I wasn't born with a silver spoon.

My mom's brothers and sisters grew up almost in the street. Because of the times then, they ALL became home owners and such eventually.

But I know it is even harder now with the decent jobs so competative - I do see that for sure.
    But when one area is declining, there is usually another expanding. Let's hope that it will be like that this time around too - but I'd still be planting more potatos....
    "The perfect way to do, is to be" ~ Lao Tzu

Racist 'Pro-Life' Billboard

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2Faz2tUKQ4

this one is brutal... to say that the most dangerous place for a baby is in a black womans womb... thats going too far... you see the slippery slope... we tolerate the pro lifers because we feel they have the right to dissent... fair enough... but every inch you give, these people take a mile... if they had their way we would be jailing people left and right...

being against contraception and against abortion is dumb... people are gonna have sex, stop trying to force them not to... what happens between me and my woman is between me and her and NOBODY ELSE... if we choose to terminate a pregnancy thats our choice, her choice... and i will defend these rights to the death... litterally...

this one is brutal... to say that the most dangerous place for a baby is in a black womans womb... thats going too far...
    So now speaking the truth is going too far? Are you really saying that, because this billboard was 100% true. Nearly 60% of all African-American pregnancies in NYC end in an abortion. 60%!!!

So tell us, what kills more African Americans children than this does? See, they were right.

And look at it this way: the liberal Democrats have done something even the Ku Klux Klan couldn't do. I bet the Klan loves seeing those numbers. They couldn't kill 60% of black children. They just laid back and let the liberal Democrats do it for them. So now we know the truth, if you want defenseless black children killed by the millions, just vote Democrat.