Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ralek's claim to fame

Ralek Guest
    I used to run 10 miles a day. I would run 5 in the mornin and 5 in the evening.

I cut it down to 8 miles a day.

10 minutes of jump rope is a joke. Do you use a leather jump rope? I realise that some jump ropes are harder to spin around and take more energy but 10 minutes is just a joke.

Brazilian jiujitsu is superior.

Ralek Guest
    One of you said shaolin tiger wasn't good becuase of his lack of endurance? Well. We sparred for about 5 minutes at a time. I never even had to breathe. He would be breathing a little.

Shaolin Tiger had not done any training in several years so i can understand him not having lots of endurance.

But he did have very good striking skills. And he has fought Marvin Perry who is probably better than Cung Le himself.

Don't forget. I have a yellow belt in shotokan karate!!!!

BAI HE Guest

Ralek

Never run over 20 miles ever. I have a friend who runs marathons, he never runs over 8, gotta keep the gas in the tank kid!
    If youe training like this you may be a physical anamoly, like Miguel Indurain, the cyclist his resting heartbeat was like 5 beats a minute. He was a freak.

So when do you plan to align this physical prowess with your MA goals?

FIND A SCHOOL BONEHEAD! You can do it!

Ralek Guest
    BAI HE. Many people can run over 20 miles a day. Although your usually not supposed to run over 18 a day becuase you will get burnt out and not be able to eat enough food to get energy. There are many people (even in frederick) who can handle over 20 miles a day. There are track people who can run over 300 miles a week (very rare).

The average high school runner will run 10 miles a day. It's no big deal. I'm making no big claim at 8 miles a day. Anybody can do it. I just find drunken monkey's training regimen of 10 minutes of jump rope insulting.

Ralek Guest
    BAI HE. Go to your local high school and talk with the track team.

Ralek Guest
    BAI HE. I marathon is 26.2 miles. Your right. The marathon runners don't run 26.2 miles every day. They only run 18 miles a day. Keeping the gas in the tank just like you said.

Scott Guest

Scott

"I don't train martial arts." - Ralek

No kidding. Really. You could have fooled me, you ignorant son of a b*tch =P

-Scott

"Life is hard, but so am I." -- The Eels.

DrunkenMonkey Guest
    After at least 10 minutes of uninterrupted speed bag workout, 10 minutes of jump rope isn't a walk in the park. But if you want to make it interesting, add another 5 minute round on the bag.

Some people go to Martial Arts classes, and some people are Martial Artists.

SevenStar Guest
    "If it was a real fight i definatly would have won. There is no way you could have lasted. I do running everyday. I can run a mile in 4:32. I don't train martial arts but i do train track and field."

My biggest fear - someone who doesn't train MA other than video tapes and can run a 4:32 mile! I hope I never have to fight someone of your caliber! :rolleyes:

-SevenStar©
    Step right up and get it -- whoever wants [defeat]
    Come not between the dragon and his wrath...

DrunkenMonkey Guest
    I used to know a guy on the track team who could do a mile in 4:50. You might have the stamina, but you're lacking skill. Video-game training. Hah! Boy, someone needs a life. Mr., I still live with my mom.

Some people go to Martial Arts classes, and some people are Martial Artists.