Thread: Shenyang

Shenyang

Well, I'm getting married and moving to Shenyang - that's the short story. Longer story is that I need to find a martial arts teacher. Been up here in Harbin and have had no real luck either.
    Anybody know or heard of anyone in Shenyang? So far, I have really only come across two people in the city - one is a Baji guy who has some connection to Wu family, but I don't have his name. From the video clips it doesn't look too bad - but my knowledge of Baji is rather little.
    The only other guy I have found is named Tong Qing Hui who teaches Choujiao along with sanda and shuai jiao. Anyone know if he's a traditional teacher or a modern wushu teacher? Finding a traditional teacher is kind of hard in northeast China it seems.
    Other than that, anybody know of anyone else? Any help would be great. Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragkin View Post
    The only other guy I have found is named Tong Qing Hui who teaches Choujiao along with sanda and shuai jiao. Anyone know if he's a traditional teacher or a modern wushu teacher? Finding a traditional teacher is kind of hard in northeast China it seems.
    The Choujiao and shuai jiao are traditional by default.

chuo jiao can be flashy wushu. some people flail their legs 50 times like a donkey in heat and call that chuojiao. just dont be scare and visit both of them in person.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

the best bet is still with the universities

and start from there.

Oh man, Wang sifu, you know anybody?

Hey, if you are not adverse to doing San Da, I might have some hookups for you. Gotta talk to my people and see what's up.
    It is bias to think that the art of war is just for killing people. It is not to kill people, it is to kill evil. It is a strategem to give life to many people by killing the evil of one person.
    - Yagyū Munenori

Blog Entries
    I was born in Shenyang but as far as I know, Shengyang is not a popular place for CMA. There was a lot of air polution there and I don't know it's better now or not.

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    I was born in Shenyang but as far as I know, Shengyang is not a popular place for CMA. There was a lot of air polution there and I don't know it's better now or not.
    When I was a little boy I did some performance wushu but that's it. My little brother did some TKD there. There are some San Da but I'm trying to find information on it.

As far as traditional styles, I'm at a complete loss.
    It is bias to think that the art of war is just for killing people. It is not to kill people, it is to kill evil. It is a strategem to give life to many people by killing the evil of one person.
    - Yagyū Munenori

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    there are heavy industries and military industries left behind by the Japanese and continue

jet fighters and attack airplanes are built there.

air pollution is still bad from steel mills etc etc

burning coals etc etc

There's interesting Qixing Tanglang in Shenyang. Wang Yunpeng's lineage.
    Last edited by B.Tunks; 02-24-2011 at 06:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
    there are heavy industries and military industries left behind by the Japanese and continue

jet fighters and attack airplanes are built there.

air pollution is still bad from steel mills etc etc

burning coals etc etc

Yes, Shenyang is the hardcore industrial giant of the north.
    - Yagyū Munenori

You know, I actually was in Shenyang for the Spring Festival a couple weeks ago and its pretty nice looking at the moment. I guess its hosting the Chinese games, or something like that, so the cities spent some money to make it look pretty. Either way, its a lot better to look at then Harbin is.

@ Violent Designs - Definitely not against learning sanda, if you find any info of it in the area let me know

@ B.Tunks - Do you have any contact info for the Qixing Tanglang in the area? Would be worth to check them out I think.