Quote Originally Posted by Siu Lum Fighter View Post
I believe this to be slightly inaccurate. Shui Hon Sang was an older classmate of Grandmaster Ma Gim Fung. The whole reason Bruce went to Shui was because he was impressed with Wong Jack Man's abilities after his match with him in 1964 and he wanted to learn some of Wong's style (Bak Siu Lum and Bak Siu Lum Lo Han). Of course, this was the match that caused him to renounce Wing Chun which, despite what many would have you believe, indicates that Bruce didn't win that fight. After this match and before he began work on The Green Hornet, Bruce went back to Hong Kong a couple of times in 1965. At some point he wrote Wong Jack Man's teacher, Ma Gim Fung, and requested lessons. Ma was an especially gifted master and had taught Wong Sifu his BSL Lo Han that had been passed down from Ku Yu Cheung. Ma turned him away, but Bruce managed to convince Shui Hon Sang to teach him. Shui was an older classmate of Ma's and during Bruce's time in Hong Kong in 1965 Shui taught him Gung Li Chuan and Jie Chuan.
I am sorry, but do you have any source for that information? Because that my friend is revisionist history. I can quote you two different INTERVIEWS with Shiu Hon Sang himself from the 1970s which completely go against the things you claim.
First of all, Lee trained with Shiu Hon Sang in 1958 and 1959. This is confirmed by Hawkins Cheung and Shiu Hon Sang himself. What they trained in is also confirmed by those two people.

The fight with Wong Jack Man was indeed in 1964-1965ish at the Oakland school. (James Lee was present). The fight most certainly rattled Lee.
As far as that it was that fight that "caused him to renounce Wing Chun" , then why in 1965 in Hong Kong did he visit with Master Yip Man several times, and later tried to convince Yip Man to film the Wing Chun forms so he could show him to his American students?
Wing Chun tactics and techniques continue to be a part of Jun Fan/Jeet Kune Do training for many years and shows up in his own personal training regiment still in 1968. Dan Inosanto continues to teach Wing Chun techniques in the Jeet Kune Do "backyard group" up until Lee's death. Inosanto was teaching what Lee told him too.

Shiu Hon Sang did not teach Lee those forms in 1965, he already knew them in 1958-1959. How else was he performing parts of them at the 1964 Ed Parker Longbeach Karate tournaments?

If you want I can provide sources for all of my claims. Can you do the same?