Hybrid View

bruce lee gung fu forms

i dont know exactly what is this form,if any one know please tell me

can any one tell me what is this form??

Blog Entries

This one looks like 功力拳(Gong Li Quan).

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post

This one looks like 功力拳(Gong Li Quan).
    Actually, to me that looks like the "Gop Shu" (trapping forearms) hand motion found in Southern Mantis

thank you very much my friend about helping
    but can i found this form exactly in youtube?

Also notice on the "gop shu" hand position the first knuckle is pushed out, in the form of the "peac ock eye" fist from southern mantis.

I have a feeling the form is "Sarm bo Jin" which means three step arrow

This is a core form for both Chow Gar and Jook Lum Southern Mantis.

Also realize that the order of the letters printed on the picture were put there by the editors of the magazine these pictures were published in. The order (A, B, C) could be incorrect. So keep that in mind when you search on youtube, ecc.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCrusader View Post
    Also notice on the "gop shu" hand position the first knuckle is pushed out, in the form of the "peac ock eye" fist from southern mantis.

I have a feeling the form is "Sarm bo Jin" which means three step arrow

This is a core form for both Chow Gar and Jook Lum Southern Mantis.

Also realize that the order of the letters printed on the picture were put there by the editors of the magazine these pictures were published in. The order (A, B, C) could be incorrect. So keep that in mind when you search on youtube, ecc.

In Chow Gar SPM we know it as the "fung nan" or phoenix eye. Not pea****.
    The pic doesn't resemble SBJ as I know it as his arms are too close to his chest for the dow sau position and we use the "ginger fist" not the phoenix eye. The other pictures in the sequence do not resemble the SBJ as I know it. It might be Jook Lum or Chu Ga.

Also the picture A position looks very similar to a part of one of the UK Lau Gar forms called "charp choi".
    Last edited by charp choi; 02-27-2011 at 11:22 AM. Reason: sp
    Tung Kong Hakka Chow Gar Naam Pai Tong Long

http://www.youtube.com/user/dmas5animals

Also notice on the "gop shu" hand position the first knuckle is pushed out, in the form of the "peac0ck eye" fist from southern mantis.
    huh... ive never heard it called that before...

Bruce Lee gung fu forms

Actually, to me that looks like the "Gop Shu" (trapping forearms) hand motion found in Southern Mantis
    Hello TopCrusader ,

By looking at your thread it seems like bruce lee studied alot kung fu systems which were different from eachother . Like Wing Chun , Choy Li Fut ,
    little bit of hung gar , eagle claw , praying mantis , Hsing I , bagua .

In his early years he did practice the forms to this systems , but as times went on
    he disregarded forms , and instead went on to practice mainly the applications to these systems .
    The reasons why bruce lee was against forms was because people would ' nt know what they were for . Because in the chinese martial arts world , you have the forms for traditional purposes and the applications which are the techniques you really going use against the attacker should the situation arises .

There was a documentry film on youtube which talks about wing chun and JKD Guru Inosanto was telling the story about why bruce lee was against forms , while Chris Kent and Jeff Imada was demo using JKD techniques . Thr documentry talks about kung fu the hard way . They were showing Lee ' s concepts of JKD .
    Altough JKD is a formless art , it useses tecniques from different arts in general .
    The concepts as you already know were absorb what is useful abd reject what is useless and to keep what works for you .
    Guru Inosanto once promise bruce that while he was still living , Dan would ' nt commercialize JKD , but he ' ll only teach the concepts of JKD , that is how it became JKD concepts . The meaning behind JKD varies , there different ways of describing JKD .

Lance

ive never heard anyone call him guru inosanto...

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    ive never heard anyone call him guru inosanto...
    Lol, I think he meant Guro, which is Filipino for teacher.

Quote Originally Posted by lance View Post
    Hello TopCrusader ,

By looking at your thread it seems like bruce lee studied alot kung fu systems which were different from eachother . Like Wing Chun , Choy Li Fut ,
    little bit of hung gar , eagle claw , praying mantis , Hsing I , bagua .

In his early years he did practice the forms to this systems , but as times went on
    he disregarded forms , and instead went on to practice mainly the applications to these systems .
    The reasons why bruce lee was against forms was because people would ' nt know what they were for . Because in the chinese martial arts world , you have the forms for traditional purposes and the applications which are the techniques you really going use against the attacker should the situation arises .

There was a documentry film on youtube which talks about wing chun and JKD Guru Inosanto was telling the story about why bruce lee was against forms , while Chris Kent and Jeff Imada was demo using JKD techniques . Thr documentry talks about kung fu the hard way . They were showing Lee ' s concepts of JKD .
    Altough JKD is a formless art , it useses tecniques from different arts in general .
    The concepts as you already know were absorb what is useful abd reject what is useless and to keep what works for you .
    Guru Inosanto once promise bruce that while he was still living , Dan would ' nt commercialize JKD , but he ' ll only teach the concepts of JKD , that is how it became JKD concepts . The meaning behind JKD varies , there different ways of describing JKD .

Lance
    Good information Lance, thankyou. Actually, in my limited research I found little info suggesting BL learned Bagua or Hsing-I except through books. Have you heard otherwise?

And yes, as Syn7 pointed out, its usually spelled Guro.

Good information Lance, thankyou. Actually, in my limited research I found little info suggesting BL learned Bagua or Hsing-I except through books. Have you heard otherwise?

And yes, as Syn7 pointed out, its usually spelled Guro.
    **** you TC!

You beat me to it...