Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: bruce lee gung fu forms

Bruce learned from a man by the name of Master Fook Yeung for..I believe it was 8 years when he came to Seattle, WA.

Master Yeung did a variant of Red Boat Wing Chun which had some aspects of Southern Praying mantis in it.

bruce lee learned a few northern forms, but never told people he trained in those styles. so what? whats the big deal?

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    bruce lee learned a few northern forms, but never told people he trained in those styles. so what? whats the big deal?
    Bruce Lee was the first Chinese person to allow white people to accept him as their Confucian father figure. If we fail to preserve everything, then we bring shame on the entire line of actress banging epicness, and no one will remember us.

originally posted by TopCrusader
    Siu Lum Fighter, a question for you since youve read the Hawkins Cheung articles. In them, when he lists the forms he learned along with Bruce from Shiu, he says they learned a basic Northern form called "Lam Ad" or something like that. Any idea what that is?
    Here is the quote from the article: "We began to learn lam ad (a basic northern style gung-fu set). "
    I dont speak or read chinese, so I have no idea if its another way of saying one of the Jing Mo forms? Id like your input.
    Unless it's written in a different dialect or something it doesn't sound like any of the basic 10 Jing Mo sets. I was thinking Lien Bo or Sil Wah but I can't imagine them being said like that. There are a couple of other sets that I actually don't know that could be it. There's Five Step Fist (Wu Bo Chuan) and Short Strike Fist (?). I have to say, that seems like a lot of stuff for just the short time he studied with Shiu Hon Sang in the late fifties, especially considering he was studying Wing Chun as well. He probably learned some of these forms in '65 when he went back. I would actually be curious to know if he learned the Tan Tui sparring set as that would definitely be something I could see him wanting to learn.
    The three components of combat are 1) Speed, 2) Guts and 3) Techniques. All three components must go hand in hand. One component cannot survive without the others." (WJM - June 14, 1974)