Thread: Tai Chi in Sarasota/Bradenton

Tai Chi in Sarasota/Bradenton

I just moved back to the Sarasota/Bradenton area after a hree-year hiatus, and am looking to join a Tai Chi group. Does anyone know of a GOOD Tai Chi teacher / school in the area, especially one that focuses on Chen Style? I know that there used to be a David Shi who taught in the Sarasota area.... does anyone know if he still teaches there or not.... thanks.

No suggestions??? There must be some good Tai Chi people in Sarasota/Bradenton.. no??

Ther's a guy here w profile name Tai Chi Bob who is a knowledgable and seemingly realistic in his take on things who in FL, but I don't know where and he's not on here much these days - but u cud PM him and ask if he know anyone ...

Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by BetaSao View Post
    I just moved back to the Sarasota/Bradenton area after a hree-year hiatus, and am looking to join a Tai Chi group. Does anyone know of a GOOD Tai Chi teacher / school in the area, especially one that focuses on Chen Style? I know that there used to be a David Shi who taught in the Sarasota area.... does anyone know if he still teaches there or not.... thanks.
    Florida is not exactly a mecca in the Tai Chi world... I can't think of anyone (with one exception) that I'd want to train with there. Especially in Sarasota. Of course my definition of GOOD is different from others I know.

Good luck.

I will be moving down to the Sarasota area in 2013.

Im am finishing up my Masters Degree in Acupuncture and Herbal Medicine, and then working for a year and then moving down.

I do not teach Tajiquan but I am a decent Baguazhang teacher.
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

Wolveri --> who is this exception you are talking about?

Bump

Just wanted to bump this thread. Does anyone know of any chen taiji instructors in the tampa area? Dale are you still moving down to Florida and if you are where?? Thanx

I am just graduating from school in 2 weeks(holy c r a p!!).

I will be working up here for year or so to get the funds necessary for moving, and then I am there.

Feel free to pm me your contact information or you can call me at 617-595-8097.

Be well, brother.

Good luck with your studies!! Do you know what part of florida you are moving too?

I will be moving to the Sarasota/Bradenton area.

Don't know of anybody in the Sarasota area teaching taiji. The only teacher I'd see doesn't teach taiji.
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

and who might that be??

Master Lum Chi Ping... Lung Ying.
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

I actually contacted them recently and was invited down to train. I live in Saint Petersburg. Have you trained with that group before?? What was your experience?? Any info would be helpful. Thanks again