Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Avatar: The Last Airbender

Quote Originally Posted by Lokhopkuen View Post
    They are finishing the series so that they can be presented all one after the other with no "lull" I think. Do me a favor and dont run over to one of the ATLAB forums like Moses from the mount with a "LOKHOPKUEN SAID" report please.

Messenger just showed up with episode 5 so I'm gonna go watcha it.

Never try to teach a pig to whistle. It annoys the pig and frustrates you.- Robert A. Heinlein
    Oh ok thanks. And no worries, I don't even know what an ATLAB forum is, to be honest I'm only part of two other forums and only one has to do with TV and it's not about Avatar so don't worry. I hope you enjoy the episodes. Thanks again for the information. I'm looking forward to the show starting again.
    "Jeet Kune Do is the art not founded on technique or doctrine. It is just as you are." -Bruce Lee

Oh, I thought it was http://www.atlab.com/

and thought, wow! I had no idea that an animated show required such advanced tech.

3. Anybody see Book 3 trailer on www.avatarspirit.net?
    Last edited by Sicilian Tofu M; 08-28-2007 at 12:31 PM.

i just watched the last two seasons on dvd i can't wait for part three they got ang looking like a real shaolin monk.

5. One thing I saw was ang's glider was blue (he must of made a new one). I hope the show does not get to dark(my boy 4 ) with the war.

its disney so you know it can't get too dark. that being said i hope it does a little darker, cause american cartoons went to crap after 9-11. verything is too inocent like we're trying to hide something from our kids. while i do understand shielding thm from some things, but war is something you learn about in the first grade even before that. you learn about war when you get your first 99 cent back of army men.anyway this season looks really good and chock full of magical kung fu. question anyone else think that fire should've been xing yi instead of just northern shaolin. it has all the charcteristics of xing yi just the movements. anyway just a thought.

Season 3 looks tasty!

I just love that kids have a vegetarian Ba Gua hero in this show. Pretty awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by doug maverick View Post
    its disney so you know it can't get too dark.
    I don't think it's Disney.

my second favorite martial-arts related animated series (my first being History's Strongest Disciple: Kenichi.) And no, it's not Disney. Otherwise, it would be shown on the Disney channel, instead of Nickolodeon.
    "Prepare your mind..." "For a mind explosion!"
    -The Human Giant, Illusionators

thats right i forgot well nic is pretty much the same thing kid oriented t.v. programs. and yes blue kenichi is also my favorite martial arts based animation. there up to 45 now

Quote Originally Posted by doug maverick View Post
    thats right i forgot well nic is pretty much the same thing kid oriented t.v. programs. and yes blue kenichi is also my favorite martial arts based animation. there up to 45 now
    Yeah, Nick and Disney's programming types are so similar these days they might as well be the same thing. As for a darker tone in Avatar, I think I'm with you- I wouldn't mind seeing a bit more, but at the same time I think it's a pretty good show as it is. In addition, that's just my perspective as an "wiser" adult (note the quotation) marks. If something that cool was around when I was a kid, I'd probably think differently.

But you gotta wonder, is the Fire nation REALLY the only one with blood on their hands?
    "Prepare your mind..." "For a mind explosion!"
    -The Human Giant, Illusionators

12. I would be cool to have a couple of shows explaining how the war realy started, but in the end the avatar has to have kids to produce air benders so the cycle will not be destroyed(all airbenders produce airbenders) Or the avatar finds out his people were not all wiped out.

I didn't mean War is too dark for kids I just hate to see a sword sticken out of a dead body, when toph said He's lying(speaking of jet lying about saying he'll be all right don't stop go on, when he knows he dieing). My son asked me "what did she mean dad? hay it was hard he's 4 he might of well said "whats sex?" its Nic it shouldn't be to dark, but I think their doing a good job rideing the fense.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian Tofu M View Post
    I just hate to see a sword sticken out of a dead body.
    So I take it you didn't enjoy 300 or Killbill?

i think he's talking about for his kid not for him. and hey i didn;t even enjoy 300(boring) but thats another topic

15. Yes I like them both, but I like 300 more than Killbill.

I hope the king of Omashu makes it into season 3.