Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Avatar: The Last Airbender

i'm just saying that makes good tv. think about the cartoons we grew up with. G.I. joe Transformers, batman. they got deep and dark sometimes.

Man, I can't wait to see that episode sucks not having cable.
    "Prepare your mind..." "For a mind explosion!"
    -The Human Giant, Illusionators

go right here if not just do what we all will do and by season three when it comes out on dvd

4. Quote Originally Posted by Zenshiite View Post
    Haha, for some reason I don't think a bunch of vegetarian, Ba Gua practicing Shaolin monks are going to be holding too many grudges. I find it unlikely that the Fire Nation could have killed all the Air Nomads. There's got to be some men and women around.

Of course, we don't know much about the Air Nomads. For instance, they can't all be monks. Presumably on the benders are monks... which suggests to me that the ability to bend isn't particularly genetic or they'd have stopped existing with monks being supposedly celibate and all male. So, are there air nuns too? And there must be enslaved masses of Air Nomads that aren't bender monks somewhere in the regions the Air Nomads wandered OR in Fire Nation prisons.

It's weird being in my late 20s and thinking this much about a show for 7-10 year olds. My kids only 1 and a half, he's not even remotely interested! Haha.
    I looked at a avatar book at walmart that explained each nation\style\culture one book per nation, anyway all air nomads are airbenders that's why their the smallest group. so if ang has kids they would be air benders.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian Tofu M View Post
    I looked at a avatar book at walmart that explained each nation\style\culture one book per nation, anyway all air nomads are airbenders that's why their the smallest group. so if ang has kids they would be air benders.
    I can vibe with that, but I'm just wondering how they even reproduce considering we've seen no female airbenders and the dudes are monks...

Gosh this is nerdy.

6. http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=mfVL8wUig84
    it's not realy the cartoon but it's from Nik, The woman is the last (re-incarnation)air bender before ang

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=iYcnVBO2LCg
    watch it untill you see ang meeting appa for the first time the old lady with the apples is a air bender(it's in book2 vol4 "Appa's lost days")

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=5088360
    this is the book I looked through

I'm a nerd it's ok, because I got a hot wife+2 boys life is good.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=mfVL8wUig84
    it's not realy the cartoon but it's from Nik, The woman is the last (re-incarnation)air bender before ang

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=iYcnVBO2LCg
    watch it untill you see ang meeting appa for the first time the old lady with the apples is a air bender(it's in book2 vol4 "Appa's lost days")

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=5088360
    this is the book I looked through

I'm a nerd it's ok, because I got a hot wife+2 boys life is good.

Ah, cool. That first video is something I was looking for. Aang's trip through the spirit world before season 3. However, one thing, Avatar Yangcheng is just the last "re-incarnation" of the Avatar spirit, she wasn't born by way of re-incarnated miracle birth. I'll check out the second vid for the Air bender old lady though.

Upon further review, I suggest watching the Avatar Escape Kuruk(Waterbender Avatar before the Earthbender Avatar Kyoshi). It has a shot of him showing off his airbending skills to airbender girls. Think Aang with long girly brown hair.
    Last edited by Zenshiite; 09-25-2007 at 03:10 PM.

8. Avatar Yangcheng was the avatar, just like ang is now but in the past, born from a woman and man(birds and the bees) the re-incarnation means their diffrent verisons of the same spirit born over and over again or I'm wrong if I am explain it to me.

Avatar Yangcheng was the avatar, just like ang is now but in the past, born from a woman and man(birds and the bees) the re-incarnation means their diffrent verisons of the same spirit born over and over again or I'm wrong if I am explain it to me.

Yeah. I think I misunderstood you somewhere along the lines when we are discussing Air Nomad reproduction. You said "re-incarnation" and I though you were referring to them just appearing or something. Stupid, I know.

See the new episode? Good stuff. Zuko talkes to Uncle Iroh, and Iroh doesn't speak. I'm worried they are going to give him the axe because Mako died and they can't find a good enough voice actor to pull it off.

I loved Iroh so much, always talking about tea! He's me!

10. man I don't have nik,and haven't found it, if you find it on the net post a link for me. Iroh's the man I bet he'll teach ang fire bending.

man I don't have nik,and haven't found it, if you find it on the net post a link for me. Iroh's the man I bet he'll teach ang fire bending.

Check out www.theavatarportal.com They usually post the latest episodes on putfile. It was linked by doug maverick on the last page.

PS. Thanks for that doug!

just watcheds the latest ep. it was really good. it had some rou shou(bagua push hands) on it and it also showed that the fire nation has te bak mei hand salute. with theopen hand on top of the palm

IS that the style that Jack Long (the old guy) and Lee I Min (the student) use in 7 Grandmasters?
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

Quote Originally Posted by doug maverick View Post
    just watcheds the latest ep. it was really good. it had some rou shou(bagua push hands) on it and it also showed that the fire nation has te bak mei hand salute. with theopen hand on top of the palm
    That rou shou bit was AWESOME. So was the part where Aang was evading that bully. Anji's boyfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by doug maverick View Post
    episode 7 was good, but episode 8 was awesome not to give to much away but katara learn how to pull water from everything, even air. ep nine was kinda of a let down.
    All I can say is I'm sure the waterbending in episode 8 would have been used for some crazy stuff in a wuxia/horror type flick. Much more than what it was used for in this show...