Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Low-flow toilets cause stink in San Francisco

The water isn't going to lawns and pools

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Because then rich people buy all the water they want for their lawns and pools, etc... which limits the amount of water available for the average person.
    Where ever did you get that impression of CA? The Beverly Hillbillies? "Hills, that is. Swimmin pools, movie stars." Seriously, CA water goes to CA agribusiness. We've turned the desert of the central valley into agribiz and that takes a lot of water. I suppose you could call that pools and lawns for the rich, but it also provides food.

When lo-flow toilets were first introduced, they were a little dicey. But the design has improved and I've never had any issue with them since. We installed some in our home that are efficient, quiet and reduced our water bill. As for those of you who have to flush twice, you crap too much. Obviously you crap too much. Just look at our forum here. It's so full of your crap.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Where ever did you get that impression of CA? The Beverly Hillbillies? "Hills, that is. Swimmin pools, movie stars." Seriously, CA water goes to CA agribusiness. We've turned the desert of the central valley into agribiz and that takes a lot of water. I suppose you could call that pools and lawns for the rich, but it also provides food
    50% of potable water used in L.A. goes to maintaining landscaping. Once they started restricting watering in 2008, the water usage dropped to 1979 levels, despite having 1 million more residents.
    Last edited by MasterKiller; 03-03-2011 at 11:48 AM.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

LA ain't CA

And is sure ain't SF.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

And is sure ain't SF.
    Nevertheless, 85% of San Francisco's potable water is imported, which essentially means it is not self-sufficient and therefore rationing makes perfect sense.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

True that

We've had water issues for years. There's always been a north/south split with the SF Bay Area and LA. Locals here place a lot of blame on LA for stealing our water, but agribiz takes the biggest gulp before SF or LA ever gets a swallow.

Truth be told, I just chimed in here because I wanted to say to everyone "Obviously you crap too much. Just look at our forum here. It's so full of your crap." Debate me against that now, MK.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

"Obviously you crap too much. Just look at our forum here. It's so full of your crap." Debate me against that now, MK.

Thanks MK. Thanks a lot.

Reminds me of my pilgrimage to India. Only we didn't have gum wrappers.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips