Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why?

ya i have a cell but only because i have to. so i ended up getting the windows7 so i can check up on news and stuff online...but i have to have a cell...its dumb.

but ive trained everyone i know that i dont answer the phone. like probably 95% of the time i dont even if its my best of friends...leave me a message and i can return your call.

i am not on call to the touch of a button, never will be. i determine my access to others, not the other way around.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

at first i had withdrawals... for reals... but now, i dont care... its like crack, when youre comming down all you want is more... but once its over youre disgusted with yourself for even going there... i will have to get another cell eventually... no choice... im suprised ive gotten away with it this long... personally, i dont need one... but prfessionally, i do... we use em on site alot... these projects are too big for radios... too much traffic, too much distance for the lil motorolas... the mike phones are great for that...

i wish i could get away without one for good... but realistically, i'll have to get one when my boss finally gets anoyed... im kinda hoping he'll just come to the site one day and give me one for free... why not, right, why should i pay for on site communications... the juniors get no love, but ive been around long enough...

it bothers me when im in public and i see that litterally 75% of the people i see are bent over their phone, thumbs moving a mile a second... its pathetic, really...

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    americans had no problem insisting china have a one child policy...
    Plenty of Americans were outraged by it. And I don't ever recall "us" insisting on it. The policy was conceived and enacted by the Communist Party dictatorship that runs China.

at first i had withdrawals... for reals... but now, i dont care... its like crack, when youre comming down all you want is more... but once its over youre disgusted with yourself for even going there... i will have to get another cell eventually... no choice... im suprised ive gotten away with it this long... personally, i dont need one... but prfessionally, i do... we use em on site alot... these projects are too big for radios... too much traffic, too much distance for the lil motorolas... the mike phones are great for that...

i wish i could get away without one for good... but realistically, i'll have to get one when my boss finally gets anoyed... im kinda hoping he'll just come to the site one day and give me one for free... why not, right, why should i pay for on site communications... the juniors get no love, but ive been around long enough...

it bothers me when im in public and i see that litterally 75% of the people i see are bent over their phone, thumbs moving a mile a second... its pathetic, really...
    cant count how many times ive literally had to jump out of the way of a car/truck to save my life/body from harm on the crosswalk when i have the walk signal because the driver is on a cell.

i wish if u talked on a cell while driving u got your license revoked. im positive someone less agile than myself has died from that
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by BJJ-Blue View Post
    Plenty of Americans were outraged by it. And I don't ever recall "us" insisting on it. The policy was conceived and enacted by the Communist Party dictatorship that runs China.
    The fact of the matter is, we are eventually going to overpopulate. Where and when do we draw the line on family size? And I'm not talking about whether or not the parents can support them. I'm talking about the rising demand for resources due to there being so many people on the planet. Where do we stop and say that it's no longer about your freedom, because your incessant need to breed is part of the problem of us becoming worse than locusts? We are already at the point where the world cannot have our standard of living, and if they did, we wouldn't be able to support them or us.

Too bad we are so ridiulously selfish and ignorant to recognize this. No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    cant count how many times ive literally had to jump out of the way of a car/truck to save my life/body from harm on the crosswalk when i have the walk signal because the driver is on a cell.

i wish if u talked on a cell while driving u got your license revoked. im positive someone less agile than myself has died from that
    Talking on the cell isn't as bad as texting. We just had someone killed here in Austin a couple weeks ago by a texting driver.

i was in a cab the other day and the fukcing guy was writing on paper against the steering wheel as we drove then after that he started texting... while we were driving down a major metropolitan road... it was crazy coz the guy literally was looking at his phone more than the road...

the paper, i let slide... i figure its just a quick note, its not cool, but whatever... but then the texting? i had had enough... i made myself clear, he didnt argue... he just put is phone down and drove properly... i was clear, and he heard me... which was nice coz i sort of half expected it to be a problem... like maybe he'd react badly to what i said... but he didnt.. he smiled, said sorry, didnt offer any excuses and just drove... it was great...

but yeah... its illegal to use a cell while driving in BC... dunno bout elsewhere, but i assume its the same most places now... at least in the civilized areas anyways... i dont care what a farmer does on a dusty road to the ranch... i could be wrong tho... if you dont have it in oregon, maybe its not as common as i assumed... wouldnt be hard to find out... if i could be bothered, that is...

there was a push to make it more than a ticket like speeding or blowing a stop sign... some people tried to make it a DUI... driving under influence of thy telephone... honestly, i agree with that...i dunno whats up with that now... im sure theyre still trying... but i know for sure you get a ticket if you talk on a celly while driving... hands free is ok, bluetooth ear piece or hands free right into your dashboard like the newer cars come with...
    Last edited by Syn7; 03-03-2011 at 03:59 PM.

well, no, it doesnt suprise me... havent we been thru this already??? old news never comes as a suprise...
    Well, I keep bringing it up because there are others who may not be so aware, hence what we discuss may help wake them up.

okee dokee...

where were you born??? are you a columbian citizen???

thats why one of the best things you can do is just get rid of your television service. dont watch any tv. its not good for you. if you seek information regarding the world there are much better sources to find current affairs information.

dropping television was one of the best things i ever did. i do still youtube things and go to websites to watch clips and stuff, but thats it.
    I believe that TV cannot harm you once you are AWAKE, because then you see it for what it is and therefore you just make occassional use of it for pure entertainment. Everything else you take with a pinch of salt...

okee dokee...

where were you born??? are you a columbian citizen???

I had rather not discuss my background on the world wide net, if you know what I mean.

I'm glad somebody noticed that.....
    "The perfect way to do, is to be" ~ Lao Tzu

the policy was inspired by american eugenicists later known as family planning. it worked and saved china.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwork108 View Post
    I had rather not discuss my background on the world wide net, if you know what I mean.
    im just saying... you seem to be right up in arericas as... so i was kind of assuming, hoping for your sake, that you were at least born there... if you arent, and never have been american, then youre just that much more offensive thru ur arrogance...

i think maybe you should do a little bit of research blue... look up uegenics, rockerfeller, mao etc etc and you should find what you need... the truth, that is... these are well established facts... a part of public record... maybe not talked about in the US or taught in US schools, but true none the less...