Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tai Chi & Bodybuilding

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Olson View Post
    Do you know about double-hand push hands? How 'bout hip, back, knee, etc push hands? Yep, there's more than just single contact.

EO
    As far as I know there are 4 different kind of PHs.

- single stational PH,
    - double stational PH,
    - single moving step PH,
    - double moving step PH.

Clip is always better than words.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZwMhfF1SRc

It's very pleasent to watch Su Dong Chen's clip. This is the kind of performance that I'll expect from any Taiji master. He does not just think about 1 point "push" as others. He punches, kicks, locks, and throws. Not only he understand multiple points contact concept, he also understand how to "finish (such as kick his opponent's head on the ground)" that you just don't see in many Taiji "push (see you later)" clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MF7u0RhPlg
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 03-09-2011 at 10:54 AM.

Yeah, I like Su Dong Chen's videos. What is push hands competition like these days? Would most of this still be considered illegal technique?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by B-Rad View Post
    Yeah, I like Su Dong Chen's videos. What is push hands competition like these days? Would most of this still be considered illegal technique?
    I believe the PH rules in US is different from the PH rules in China. In China, the PH = Chinese wrestling without using the legs.

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    It's very pleasent to watch Su Dong Chen's clip. This is the kind of performance that I'll expect from any Taiji master. He does not just think about 1 point "push" as others. He punches, kicks, locks, and throws. Not only he understand multiple points contact concept, he also understand how to "finish (such as kick his opponent's head on the ground)" that you just don't see in many Taiji "push (see you later)" clip.

Very impressive! Thanks for sharing this with us John.
    Richard A. Tolson
    https://www.patreon.com/mantismastersacademy

There are two types of Chinese martial artists. Those who can fight and those who should be teaching dance or yoga!

53 years of training, 43 years of teaching and still aiming for perfection!

Recovering Forms Junkie! Even my twelve step program has four roads!

As far as I know there are 4 different kind of PHs.

- single stational PH,
    - double stational PH,
    - single moving step PH,
    - double moving step PH.

Clip is always better than words.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZwMhfF1SRc

I studied Feng Zhiqiang's Hun Yuan system. It's a variation of Chen style combined with Xin Yi and I believe some Tong Bei thrown in.

We have all of those kinds of push hands, which is why I wasn't sure what you meant by single point of contact push hands???

EO

Blog Entries
    I wasn't sure what you meant by single point of contact push hands???
    When I referenced "single point contact", I wasn't talking about PH but to push your opponent away without controlling his legs. When your opponent's legs are free, he will be pushed "back". When your opponent's legs are controlled, he will be thrown "down".

When I referenced "single point contact", I wasn't talking about PH but to push your opponent away without controlling his legs. When your opponent's legs are free, he will be pushed "back". When your opponent's legs are controlled, he will be thrown "down".
    Ah, I see your point although Taiji as I learned it usually has some kind of control of the legs with the legs.

So for example. In single whip the opponent is wedged between the thigh and the elbow and it just takes a little twist to flip them backwards onto their head.

EO

So for example. In single whip the opponent is wedged between the thigh and the elbow and it just takes a little twist to flip them backwards onto their head.

EO
    thats a common and wrong application of single whip

did you know: single whip is the most common move in choy lee fut. can u find it?
    Last edited by bawang; 03-11-2011 at 03:43 PM.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post

did you know: single whip is the most common move in choy lee fut. can u find it?
    I dunno maybe.

Biao ma gwa chui, charp chui.
    It is bias to think that the art of war is just for killing people. It is not to kill people, it is to kill evil. It is a strategem to give life to many people by killing the evil of one person.
    - Yagyū Munenori

Did you know that until 2010 the soap opera "As the World Turns" was produced in Midwood, Brooklyn? Fascinating but true.

EO

Wow, do I know how to shut up a troll or what?

EO

i didnt reply because your reply was stupid .
    that "wedge the thigh" application is tai chi scamming 101. if u can take that app seriously it says a lot about any other martial arts you train.

i say it once and i say it again. yang luchan could deadlift 350 pounds and the original stone weight is still at his hometown.
    internal is nothing to do with sensitivity and push hands.
    Last edited by bawang; 03-15-2011 at 03:25 AM.

i didnt reply because your reply was stupid .
    And yet it was still smarter than most of the crap you write here.

EO

nope

fdgfghgfhfgh

nope

fdgfghgfhfgh
    he mad bro.
    It is bias to think that the art of war is just for killing people. It is not to kill people, it is to kill evil. It is a strategem to give life to many people by killing the evil of one person.
    - Yagyū Munenori