Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are Whites The New Minority?

Are Whites The New Minority?

I REALLY hope we can keep this one from being locked, because it really does need to be addressed.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/12/21/whi...ex.html?hpt=C1

" U.S. Census Bureau projections that whites will become a minority by 2050 are fueling fears that whiteness no longer represents the norm. This fear has been compounded by the recent recession, which hit whites hard."

"Many white Americans have lived under the assumption that if they worked hard, they would be rewarded. Now more white Americans are sharing unemployment lines with "those people" -- black and brown, Wise says."

"We went from being a privileged group to all of a sudden becoming whites, the new victims,'' says Charles Gallagher, a sociologist at La Salle University in Pennsylvania who researches white racial attitudes and was baffled to find that whites see themselves as a minority.

"You have this perception out there that whites are no longer in control or the majority. Whites are the new minority group."

Are whites becoming the new minority? It's worth discussing. I think as we level the playing field, these minority job and college perks need to go away. It's a different world now, and these privileges and perks should vanish.

Even in kung fu, would a less qualified person of Chinese descent have more pull than a highly qualified white person?

And I swear, BJJ... you get this thread locked and I'll never forgive you.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    I REALLY hope we can keep this one from being locked, because it really does need to be addressed.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/12/21/whi...ex.html?hpt=C1

" U.S. Census Bureau projections that whites will become a minority by 2050 are fueling fears that whiteness no longer represents the norm. This fear has been compounded by the recent recession, which hit whites hard."

"Many white Americans have lived under the assumption that if they worked hard, they would be rewarded. Now more white Americans are sharing unemployment lines with "those people" -- black and brown, Wise says."

"We went from being a privileged group to all of a sudden becoming whites, the new victims,'' says Charles Gallagher, a sociologist at La Salle University in Pennsylvania who researches white racial attitudes and was baffled to find that whites see themselves as a minority.

"You have this perception out there that whites are no longer in control or the majority. Whites are the new minority group."

Are whites becoming the new minority? It's worth discussing. I think as we level the playing field, these minority job and college perks need to go away. It's a different world now, and these privileges and perks should vanish.

Even in kung fu, would a less qualified person of Chinese descent have more pull than a highly qualified white person?

It was all planned. The destruction of America continues while most of the US population is arguing on what the "Democrats" said, and what the "Republicans" answered, and vice versa....It is all so sad!!!

You guys have a country that can close its boarders and live happily ever after. You have everything you would ever need. Yet, you have fallen in the trap of catch words such as "Free Trade", "Globalization" etc. All of which were brought on you through off shore banking cartels/interests, many of whom do not give two bits about "Americanism" or any "ism".

It is their CULT that matters. If you are not in their cult, then you are to be treated as mere cattle, and that is exactly what we are seeing in the US (and other countries) now, and in the past decades!!!

Do you really need to drop the same line in every SINGLE thread? Everybody here already knows how you think the evil whatever is out to get you. Enough, already. Keep this crap in your own thread.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Who cares? More brown sugar for me.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Do you really need to drop the same line in every SINGLE thread?
    The real problem is that I am not dropping the "same line in every thread", it is you who are discussing different aspects of the SAME subject, without being aware of what it encompasses.

You guys are having problems connecting the dots. You see many world "events" as unconnected incidents. However, I am trying to enlighten you to the fact that they are CONNECTED!!!

Sometimes I think that you guys discuss subjects for the sake of discussion. That is, you are addicted to the discussion but not to find out what the real truth is....

Everybody here already knows how you think the evil whatever is out to get you.
    The "evil" you speak of is currently effecting the lives of Americans and many Europeans, much more than mine, read the "economic crisis"; "terrorist threat", etc. and the usual, "lets increase taxes and take away citizens' rights to save the Western civilization", solution.....

Enough, already. Keep this crap in your own thread.
    When you stop starting threads that involve the same subject matter, then I will stop posting the same views!!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Who cares? More brown sugar for me.
    At least you didn't say Aspartame.....

I think as we level the playing field, these minority job and college perks need to go away. It's a different world now, and these privileges and perks should vanish.
    Agreed. Of course I don't think they should have been there in the first place.

Depends on who you ask. To someone knowledgable in kung-fu, they would likley go to the best instructor. To an Asianophile, they would likely go with the Chinese instructor. To someone inexperienced, it would be a 50-50 shot, imo.

As long as no one posts facts, figures, or demographics, we should be fine.

Seriously, it shouldn't be locked. There is/was a front page story on CNN.com about this today, so it's obviously newsworthy.

It's a fact.

By 2050, white folk will be a minority in North America.

So what?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

dude i cant wait. i want my minority benefits.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

I'll probably be dead by then and will likely have returned to Scotland after retiring.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

kind of amusing if they are becoming a minority and victims as its going full circle

if anyones aware of American history they know that when most euros first immigrated to America were considered hardly anything but white, irish , greeks, italians, russians, danes, germans etc,etc were all barred from the "white" club for the longest time until they managed to claw their way up the ladder

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

Quote Originally Posted by goju View Post
    kind of amusing if they are becoming a minority and victims as its going full circle

if anyones aware of American history they know that when most euros first immigrated to America were considered hardly anything but white, irish , greeks, italians, russians, danes, germans etc,etc were all barred from the "white" club for the longest time until they managed to claw their way up the ladder
    That's because only the British are white you see old chap.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

'white man' sure had a taste for the sweet native love though.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Well, "white" people are a minority worldwide and have been for sometime.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !