Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Mantis in 2100

Richard,

That's fine that you choose to ignore, frankly I don't care. It was not long ago that I often supported your inquiries and academic pursuits mostly because you chose to try translating the quanpu of WHF and when it was not accurate, I wanted to set the record straight so that it would not be recorded publicly incorrectly.

Sorry to disappoint you but it is not a personal mission of mine to "cast you in a bad light". I have too much going on in my life to waste on arguing personally with anyone's actions. What is my mission, particularly on this forum is to defend or in the least clarify any statements made about my lineage specifically that I believe are cast by those that are unqualified to do so.

I come here to share what I know about my lineage. I come here to set the record straight when others misinform the public intentionally or not. I don't conjecture or offer opinions about other lineages. I have nothing to promote, no agenda to push, and so no discussions to start. If I want to know something outside my lineage, I ask that person directly through PM or email. I don't need to advertise myself on a public forum.
    朱 超 然 螳 螂 武 術 學 院
    Tony Chuy's Praying Mantis Martial Arts Institute
    http://www.northernmantis.com

I have no credible lineage:

Quote Originally Posted by Young Mantis View Post
    Richard,

That's fine that you choose to ignore, frankly I don't care. It was not long ago that I often supported your inquiries and academic pursuits mostly because you chose to try translating the quanpu of WHF and when it was not accurate, I wanted to set the record straight so that it would not be recorded publicly incorrectly.

Sorry to disappoint you but it is not a personal mission of mine to "cast you in a bad light". I have too much going on in my life to waste on arguing personally with anyone's actions. What is my mission, particularly on this forum is to defend or in the least clarify any statements made about my lineage specifically that I believe are cast by those that are unqualified to do so.

I come here to share what I know about my lineage. I come here to set the record straight when others misinform the public intentionally or not. I don't conjecture or offer opinions about other lineages. I have nothing to promote, no agenda to push, and so no discussions to start. If I want to know something outside my lineage, I ask that person directly through PM or email. I don't need to advertise myself on a public forum.
    Fair enough!

After a good night's sleep I had a chance to rethink my original knee-jerk reaction.

As I said, my statements were not just MY opinion. They were opinions expressed to me by other mantis practitioners.

However, putting that aside, my intent was to say many have influenced mantis in significant ways. Some did it after decades of mastering a system. Some did it after a few years of mantis training. For example, Wang Yun Sheng of Fushan County, Shandong met and became a student of Li San Jian in 1888 A.D.. After two years of mantis study he founded Seven Star PM and created its forms in 1890 A.D. Quite an epiphany!

The emphasis of this thread has never been about me, it is about what OTHERS plan on doing to ensure mantis' will still be around in 2100 and what others think it may develop into.
    Richard A. Tolson
    https://www.patreon.com/mantismastersacademy

There are two types of Chinese martial artists. Those who can fight and those who should be teaching dance or yoga!

53 years of training, 43 years of teaching and still aiming for perfection!

Recovering Forms Junkie! Even my twelve step program has four roads!

Smile praying mantis boxing in china for the last one hundred years: The Book.

Quote Originally Posted by mooyingmantis View Post
    Fair enough!

After a good night's sleep I had a chance to rethink my original knee-jerk reaction.

As I said, my statements were not just MY opinion. They were opinions expressed to me by other mantis practitioners.

However, putting that aside, my intent was to say many have influenced mantis in significant ways. Some did it after decades of mastering a system. Some did it after a few years of mantis training. For example, Wang Yun Sheng of Fushan County, Shandong met and became a student of Li San Jian in 1888 A.D.. After two years of mantis study he founded Seven Star PM and created its forms in 1890 A.D. Quite an epiphany!

The emphasis of this thread has never been about me, it is about what OTHERS plan on doing to ensure mantis' will still be around in 2100 and what others think it may develop into.
    Greetings, Family. How many here have heard or read the Major book titled A discourse on the history of praying mantis boxing in china for the last one hundred years,author Hon-chiu Wong. I know this will settle some major/minor issue here;also inform some who wish to learn the mindset of the Major Mantis Masters in China/Hong-Kong. Best Regards. NM.