Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Natalie Portman slammed for out-of-wedlock pregnancy

Natalie Portman slammed for out-of-wedlock pregnancy

Natalie Portman slammed for out-of-wedlock pregnancy

..Washington, March 4 (ANI): Former Arkansas governor and Fox News Channel host Mike Huckabee has blasted Natalie Portman for her out-of-wedlock pregnancy.

The Oscar-winner is expecting her first child with fiancé Benjamin Millepied.

"People see a Natalie Portman who boasts, 'We're not married but we're having these children and they're doing just fine," Usmagazine.com quoted Huckabee as telling radio host Michael Medved on his show.

"I think it gives a distorted image. It's unfortunate that we glorify and glamorize the idea of out-of- wedlock children," he said.

Calling Portman's pregnancy "troubling," Huckabee went on to say that many single parents don't have the resources to hire help, the way someone like the 'Black Swan' star would.

"Most single moms are very poor, uneducated, can't get a job, and if it weren't for government assistance, their kids would be starving to death and never have health care. And that's the story that we're not seeing," the Fox News Channel host said. (ANI)

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/natalie-por...40133-011.html

Half these republican finger pointers are on their third wife after having cheated on the first two a-la gingrich/guiliani...

if she was gonna have an abortion they would rag on her and call her evil... so she is pregnant and is gonna keep it... she'll have more than enough money to handle a kid... and its not like shes a single parent, shes engaged to the father... these republican guards need to back off and worry about their own sins rather than point out everyone elses...

they just seem so hypocritical to me... like with abortion... a woman says she wants an abortion coz she cant afford a child... well in a republican world, she would be forced to have that baby... then if she kept it and asked for help supporting the child, coz she couldnt afford the child in the first place, she will be looked at like she's some sort of waste of space leech... WTF is that all about... @ssholes, maaaan... its like while its in the womb its a sacred life, but once its born they dont care anymore... republicans love cutting social programs for low income families and children who are disadvantaged... basically most abortions are to low income women who cant afford it, yet right wingers would force them to have that baby while at the same time they are cutting all the services that would help the mother get thru it all once that child was born... its all such bullsh!t... i will NEVER agree with these people from A to Z... i agree on a few things, but like the democrats, i think they are just opportunistic bottom feeders whos sole purpose is to serve their donors while taking from their constituents... what a joke...

I was only trying to help her over the fence....
    "if its ok for shaolin wuseng to break his vow then its ok for me to sneak behind your house at 3 in the morning and bang your dog if buddha is in your heart then its ok"-Bawang

"I get what you have said in the past, but we are not intuitive fighters. As instinctive fighters, we can chuck spears and claw and bite. We are not instinctively god at punching or kicking."-Drake

"Princess? LMAO hammer you are such a pr^t"-Frost

were you looking at her bum....???

you bum lookah chickeymonkey....!!!

how many people feel its wrong to have a baby without being married?

how many feel its not ok to be a single parent?

how many of you guys feel its ok to have a family with a person you love but not getting married...? just committing for life but not marriage....???

how many people feel that its ok to be with a person you love but not married, but only if you dont have kids?

how many of you feel there is a major difference between a lifetime commitment between two lovers and an actual marriage???

and if you feel the latter is different than the former, do you feel the former is ok given that the love and the bond are genuine???

whats better?
    a woman getting married cause she got knocked up and then the marriage fails coz it was never meant to be or even wanted, and she ends up a single mom...

or

a woman gets knocked up and has the baby on her own because she doesnt wanna marry simply because of a pregnancy cause she knows it wont work out but doesnt want to have an abortion???

Huckabee probably doesn't even really know who the f uck Natalie Portman is.

His advisors told him to say that in order to pander to the ultra right wing base of the GOP so he can win the upcoming presidential primaries.

Same thing with the whole "Obama grew up in Kenya" schtick he pulled on the radio last week.

Its all just political maneuvering to get in good with the fringe, Periwig fetishist base of the GOP.

I think they would make a lovely first family. . .
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    This is not a veiled request for compliments

The short story is I did 325# for one set of 1 rep.

1) Does this sound gifted, or just lucky?

She is Harvard educated with a degree in Psychology. I'm pretty sure she is qualified to be a parent.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    She is Harvard educated with a degree in Psychology. I'm pretty sure she is qualified to be a parent.
    This makes her qualified?? I thought wise, caring, nurturing, and probably disciplined are probably better characteristics for good parenting. But what do I know?
    "if its ok for shaolin wuseng to break his vow then its ok for me to sneak behind your house at 3 in the morning and bang your dog if buddha is in your heart then its ok"-Bawang

"I get what you have said in the past, but we are not intuitive fighters. As instinctive fighters, we can chuck spears and claw and bite. We are not instinctively god at punching or kicking."-Drake

"Princess? LMAO hammer you are such a pr^t"-Frost

Quote Originally Posted by Hebrew Hammer View Post
    This makes her qualified?? I thought wise, caring, nurturing, and probably disciplined are probably better characteristics for good parenting. But what do I know?
    Point is, she most likely has those traits if she has the maturity and responsibility to graduate from Harvard with a 4.0 GPA. That's AFTER graduating high school with the same GPA.

None of us know her personally, but her track record shows she has a lot indicators pointing to her ability to be a very successful mother.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

The problem isn't out of wedlock children. As much as I hate to say BJJ is right, he is right in that it has more to do with being able to take care of your children as opposed to whether or not you are married when you become pregnant.

Besides... she's engaged to the guy. You recommend they accelerate their wedding plans to suit some weird, ancient religious belief that they'll all burn in hell for this?
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    The problem isn't out of wedlock children. As much as I hate to say BJJ is right, he is right in that it has more to do with being able to take care of your children as opposed to whether or not you are married when you become pregnant.
    exactly... which is one of the reasons im ok with abortion... without the means, it can be a recipe for trouble...

I think Huckabee watches too much TV.

What is family?

Seems that I know a lot of people who are in families that don't fit the model of what some think family is.

I'm familiar with the two moms model, the one mom model, the one dad no mom model, the mom and dad separated/divorced and sharing the kids model, the no parents just friends are now family model, the two dads model,... and so on.

The very idea that societal authority is required to justify love or the sexual imperative is absurd.

Anyway, I think this kind of judgment coming from someone making claims to Christianity and authority there is hypocritical and unfounded.

Judge not, lest ye be judged. Also, she's Jewish, so leave her alone with your cultural projections Mike. lol
    Kung Fu is good for you.

people are dumb....who cares. she has 3 kids big freaking whoopie....this isnt the dark ages.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    people are dumb....who cares. she has 3 kids big freaking whoopie....this isnt the dark ages.
    Who has three kids?
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    exactly... which is one of the reasons im ok with abortion... without the means, it can be a recipe for trouble...
    Er...perhaps you mean that you are OK with free birth control methods.
    Last thing I would want is ANYONE thinking that abortion is a form of birth control.
    It isn't.
    NOT getting pregnant is birth control.
    The morning after pill that keeps a pregnancy from happening or "taking hold" is birth control.
    A risky invasive surgical procedure AFTER the fact is NOT birth control.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Also, what the hell is Mrs. Huckabee feeding her family!

...they look like huge loaves of striped bread.

The dog looks good though! Tri-colour cavalier king charles spaniel. Great dogs!
    Kung Fu is good for you.