Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Natalie Portman slammed for out-of-wedlock pregnancy

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Er...perhaps you mean that you are OK with free birth control methods.
    Last thing I would want is ANYONE thinking that abortion is a form of birth control.
    It isn't.
    NOT getting pregnant is birth control.
    The morning after pill that keeps a pregnancy from happening or "taking hold" is birth control.
    A risky invasive surgical procedure AFTER the fact is NOT birth control.
    well of course... but sh1t happens... and as a last resort, i feel it should not only be available, but i think it should be a free service...

but yeah, of course i dont see it as birth control... well, technically it is... but you know what i mean...

i know women that have had like 4 or 5 avbortions and i find that disgusting and wreckless... but i also know women who used birth control and once they find out theyre pregnant they dont even know how coz they were carefull... but sh1t happens... condoms break, lil d1cks may even have them come off inside... i read about that one... gross story, i'll save it for another time... lol... i know women who have gotten knocked up when they were on the pill... but the pill is bad stuff... i dont recommend it... care and consideration cupled with a good jim hat is the best way IMO... so far its never failed me... the only times ive knocked anyone up was when it was either on purpose or i was being irresponsible and just didnt wrap up...

my friends daughter was conceived in a way that was against all odds... we call it immaculate conception as a joke... he wrapped, she was on the pill and they still got knocked up... they kept the baby tho...

Lack of education on birth control is probably the main cause of unwanted pregnancies and abortions.
    There are so many better options out there but it seems that the knowledge is not getting where it needs to get.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

First off, I do agree with Sanjuro on this. I also thought this news story is of interest.

"Abortion rights advocates plan to rally in Texas Tuesday after state lawmakers approved controversial legislaton that requires mothers seeking an abortion to undergo an ultrasound examination and listen to a description of what it shows.

The state house approved the anti-abortion measure in a 107-42 vote Monday. And state senators backed a similar proposal last month. After a conference committee hashes out the details, Texas Gov. Rick Perry will have the final say.

"This is a defining moment in reproductive rights, not just in Texas, but across the nation," Planned Parenthood of the Texas Capital Region said in a statement discussing its rally and lobbying day scheduled for Tuesday.

Perry praised lawmakers for their vote.

"I commend the Texas House for passing this legislation, which bolsters our efforts to protect life by ensuring Texans are fully informed when considering such an important decision," the governor said in a statement Monday. "The decision to choose life becomes clear when someone has access to all the information, and I look forward to this important legislation reaching my desk very soon."

But opponents of the measure say it is intrusive and interferes with the relationship between doctors and patients.

"It is not the jelly on the belly that most of you think. This is government intrusion at its best," Texas state Rep. Carol Alvarado said during a debate on the House floor last week.

Anti-abortion advocates say they prefer the more stringent version of the bill passed by the Texas House, CNN affiliate KVUE reported.

The House measure requires 24 hours to pass after the ultrasound before a woman can have an abortion, while the Senate version allows just two hours.

"A woman should have a day, at least, to think about the information she's receiving about the abortion procedure," anti-abortion advocate Joe Pojman told KVUE.

The Senate version also allows a woman to choose not to see the images or sounds if the pregnancy is the result of rape or incest, or if the fetus has an irreversible medical condition. The House version contains no such provisions, KVUE said.

"At the end of the day they're both very problematic bills, and they do the same thing of using an ultrasound for political ends," Dr. Scott Spear of Planned Parenthood of the Texas Capital Region told the station."

Source:
    http://www.cnn.com/2011/POLITICS/03/...ex.html?hpt=T2

I think that the ultrasound thing is something to consider, I mean, it's far too easy to thing of an unborn child as a "thing" and not a living being when you have been told that is exactly what it is.
    An ultrasound can make short work of that theory very quickly.
    That said:
    What options are we offering a woman that has an unwanted pregnancy?
    What economic options are there for her? what about her family? what if she is a victim of Rape or incest or she is a minor?
    I mean, if we want to motivate a woman to HAVE an unwanted child, what are we willing to do FOR HER AND THE BABY?

He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Lack of education on birth control is probably the main cause of unwanted pregnancies and abortions.
    There are so many better options out there but it seems that the knowledge is not getting where it needs to get.
    well maybe we could use some social programs to teach that... what do you think???

I think that the ultrasound thing is something to consider, I mean, it's far too easy to thing of an unborn child as a "thing" and not a living being when you have been told that is exactly what it is.
    An ultrasound can make short work of that theory very quickly.
    That said:
    What options are we offering a woman that has an unwanted pregnancy?
    What economic options are there for her? what about her family? what if she is a victim of Rape or incest or she is a minor?
    I mean, if we want to motivate a woman to HAVE an unwanted child, what are we willing to do FOR HER AND THE BABY?
    nothing... once its born if you take any help like welfare or food stamps, apparently youre a waste of space...

If you offer nothing to the world but an open vagina for insertion and extraction then for the most part you are a waste of space in my opinion.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

If you offer nothing to the world but an open vagina for insertion and extraction then for the most part you are a waste of space in my opinion.
    David, is this really you?

It's like Invasion of the Body Snatchers in here!

hardly fair to stereotype all women who get knocked up as baby factories... sh1t happens to all sorts...

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    well maybe we could use some social programs to teach that... what do you think???
    Start in the schools and I think that it also would make sense for the doctors to council on the various methods.

If a government and a society is NOT willing to take care of unwanted children then said society should NOT have any voice the "morals" behind any given birth control method.

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    hardly fair to stereotype all women who get knocked up as baby factories... sh1t happens to all sorts...
    I didn't stereotype all women though did I.

I think that healthy folk who do naught but suck on the teat of everyone elses efforts are worthless to the social construct and a burden upon it.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Start in the schools and I think that it also would make sense for the doctors to council on the various methods.

If a government and a society is NOT willing to take care of unwanted children then said society should NOT have any voice the "morals" behind any given birth control method.
    We do and we are willing to take care of them though.
    There are so many programs and monies available in our society for people who do absolutely nothing for themselves or the rest of us.

The fact of the matter is this, if you cannot find food or shelter in Canada or the USA you are either stupid or too prideful. You can literally live here for free lock stock and barrel and there are elements in our society who do just that.

I don't care if you wanna go live in a park and forage. I do care when I have to take on the responsibility of taking care of you because you are too stupid or stubborn to do the right thing.

For people who are physically or mentally disabled, I happily open my heart and wallet to help. All others can feel free to go pee up a rope.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I didn't stereotype all women though did I.

I think that healthy folk who do naught but suck on the teat of everyone elses efforts are worthless to the social construct and a burden upon it.
    who doesnt?

im all for education... but i still think if a woman wants to terminate a pregnancy she should have that choice... without conditions... honestly, a life isnt a life until it lives... and a heartbeat isnt "living"... its simply being alive... do you know what i mean?

and you can call me cold if you want, but i also feel that if somebody is ill and a burden and cannot function alone, ever, the parents should have the option of putting them down... morals are just man made constructs anyways... they only matter when enough of us agree on them... there is no such thing as good and evil... we just made that sh1t up...