Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Shaolin Kempo Karate... Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Citong Shifu View Post
    I just got done reviewing Villari's website, since I didnt really know anything about Shaolin Kempo Karate... WTH! Villari makes several statements concerning Karate blows are much more explosive than Shaolin Kung fu blows, allowing karate to execute fewer moves to get the job done. Also, Shaolin Kung Fu has more patterns of multiple strike, making it easier to counter attack, etc.

Well, I Dont know what this guy is thinking, but I can tell you right now He's 100% wrong, in all aspects of Shaolin Kung Fu, power, stance, patterns, etc. For someone who mastered Shaolin kung fu, he sure doesnt know jack about it.

I really dont care what the guys calls his style. But, there's no authentic Shaolin there. Jenn, I agree with ten tiger, Run.
    Your right about there being no shaolin in villaris shaolin kempo ten tiger.
    I used to study and work for ussd a villari breakoff school and they tried to pull the same crap villari did claiming their teaching the authentic shaolin gung fu.
    Steve damasco wrote in the new black belt mag he's been training in shaolin for 20 some years now. What a load of #@$%

Quote Originally Posted by shaolin monkey3 View Post
    If you think villaris is bad check out USSD, villaris student broke off(Charles mattera) 15 or so years ago and now charges some where between 180 to 225 a MONTH!

I have found in charles mattera's organization ussd to run by red belts and 1st and 2nd degrees.
    This is one of things that irritate me about ussd. You never knew if your instructor was any good or if he was really a blue belt. A red belt or 1st degree should not charge 200 a month for karate lessons. A $100 is a fair price for a ussd red belt/black belt not $200 for an unqualified green belt at best.

After I worked there for a while I noticed certain instructors were promoted fast based on sales skills. Nothing about sparing or knowing the art it self just how many people they signed up. A real black belt should run a school not a 20 year old black belt who has only studied for a year and a half and is now a black belt.

All in all ussd's instructor black belts are green belts at best.

Quote Originally Posted by ninja matt View Post
    This is one of things that irritate me about ussd. You never knew if your instructor was any good or if he was really a blue belt. A red belt or 1st degree should not charge 200 a month for karate lessons. A $100 is a fair price for a ussd red belt/black belt not $200 for an unqualified green belt at best.

After I worked there for a while I noticed certain instructors were promoted fast based on sales skills. Nothing about sparing or knowing the art it self just how many people they signed up. A real black belt should run a school not a 20 year old black belt who has only studied for a year and a half and is now a black belt.

=X

a $100 for a ussd red belt teaching you is not a bad idea. What they are teaching you at ussd is #@$% anyway so it should be free.

USSD instructors are promoted for sales skill not martial arts.

Quote Originally Posted by sk girl View Post
    a $100 for a ussd red belt teaching you is not a bad idea. What they are teaching you at ussd is #@$% anyway so it should be free.

USSD instructors are promoted for sales skill not martial arts.
    Haha. I agree with you it should all be free at ussd it sucks in my opinion.

Haha. I agree with you it should all be free at ussd it sucks in my opinion.
    They should pay you to attened their classes.

Quote Originally Posted by sk girl View Post
    They should pay you to attened their classes.
    Ouch...burn?

hey sinsei shellie, didn't you teach at the seal beach school and yorba linda ussd school?

Hey, I'm just curious; What martial art(s) are all you ex-Shaolin Kempo people training in now?

i am still apart of ussd, i have been a part of them since 1985 and it is a good school and system,, there are some people that maybe aren't the best instructors but as a whole they bring so much to the martial arts community

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Jack View Post
    Hey, I'm just curious; What martial art(s) are all you ex-Shaolin Kempo people training in now?
    I train in Chen Style Taiji, BJJ and Kung Fu.

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Jack View Post

Shaolin Long Fist for me. And Kali/Arnis
    Last edited by xcakid; 07-23-2007 at 09:27 AM.
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

Quote Originally Posted by wyatt1970 View Post
    i am still apart of ussd, i have been a part of them since 1985 and it is a good school and system,, there are some people that maybe aren't the best instructors but as a whole they bring so much to the martial arts community
    I dont think they bring anything to the community
    Charging $200 a month for karate lessons does not help the community out.
    How will single parents be able to afford lessons? Poor kids?
    Yeah great company wyatt, they do so much for everyone.

You noticed the same thing

I had the opprutunity to take Shaolin Kempo Karate for only 2 or 3 months about 15 yrs. ago. It was good from what I remember and very practical. My instructor was a woman named Joan. Unfortunanetly she left to go open a school in either KY or TN. I wish it were still available here.