Page 51 of 54 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast

Thread: Bullshido SCAM

Quote Originally Posted by Lebaufist View Post
    More specifically, Intel won the chip prize. I've dual booted Mac OSX on my core 2 duo. It was cool. But I removed it due to me not really needing anything on the MAC platform. So having win 7 on a VM machine in Mac OSX seemed a bit redundant.
    I am trying to set up a Linux based machine with WinXP, Win7 and the latest MAC OS all virtually networked together on one machine. That way I can run anything under the sun.

When MAC when to the PC chip, they also had to abandon thier original OS, because it was specific to thier hardware platform. So other than the packaging, MAC actually died and went the way of the dinosaur at that point. Today, they are PC's in costume.

My one issue that I will have trying to run the MAC OS on my system is that I have an AMD/Athon Quad core rather than an Intel. The MAC OS is not designed to run on the AMD. I am told the Linux community has AMD compatible hacked MAC OS though. I just need to find a good copy of it. That will take a bit of work and seearching.
    Last edited by RD'S Alias - 1A; 04-03-2011 at 08:26 AM.

I've been contemplating assembling a dream machine. Using the corsair obsidian d case. It has 5 hot swappable fan cooled 3.5 drive bays. so You could have several OSs on hot swap disks. I also want to use a high speed 2.5 SSD(solid state drive) as the main win 7 drive.

Build sample videos available through tiger direct dot com.
    Last edited by Lebaufist; 04-03-2011 at 08:31 AM.

Last edited by wenshu; 04-03-2011 at 08:41 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    This is not a veiled request for compliments

The short story is I did 325# for one set of 1 rep.

1) Does this sound gifted, or just lucky?

I've been contemplating assembling a dream machine. Using the corsair obsidian d case. It has 5 hot swappable fan cooled 3.5 drive bays. so You could have several OSs on hot swap disks. I also want to use a high speed 2.5 SSD(solid state drive) as the main win 7 drive.

Build sample videos available through tiger direct dot com.
    Now, I do like the solid state technology comming out. I think my next build will be using them.

I just built this computer though, so I will wait untill it wears out first. This one is already way more than I will ever need.

I would not hot swap the OSs drives. I'd run them all as virtual networks using Linux as the server. That allowes you to run ANY piece of software made by anyone, and easily integrate the data between the operating systems. I also have a multiboot set up with Win XP and Win7 installed as options.

Once I get the Linux set up though, I probably won't need that at all.
    Last edited by RD'S Alias - 1A; 04-03-2011 at 08:59 AM.

Hot swap just means the cabling is on a caddy system and you can plug in any sata hard drive you want without having to open the case.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Whe2a...ailpage#t=129s

Osx VM machines don't work well on another system. I've tried extensively. Mac won't work properly with the generic drivers and non native hardware support as a virtual machine.

OSX works best as the main OS. And then you can have win 7 and ubuntu as VM machines. They work better in virtualization.
    Last edited by Lebaufist; 04-03-2011 at 12:15 PM.

Hot Swap means you can change out the component with power applied.

Wow!! That is a heavy duty system!!

On the MAC OS, have you tried Virtual networking using Linux as the server? Also, did you use the regular MAC OS, or one hacked by a Linux freak?

I am looking for one hacked by a Linux freak so it can run any, and all hardware.
    Last edited by RD'S Alias - 1A; 04-03-2011 at 02:30 PM.

I ran from win 7 , but the virtualization would be the same. The OSx on the VM didn't have the right drivers for either the straight install distro or the clean install iboot /multibeast method.

The best way I've found to have all three running is to use the mac as a base and run linux and win through it.

MAc processes are bound to its specific hardware config. Where the other two are more flexible.

I ran from win 7 , but the virtualization would be the same. The OSx on the VM didn't have the right drivers for either the straight install distro or the clean install iboot /multibeast method.

The best way I've found to have all three running is to use the mac as a base and run linux and win through it.

MAc processes are bound to its specific hardware config. Where the other two are more flexible.
    That is why I am looking for a MAX OS that has been hacked by a Linux freak. There are ones out there that run perfect on AMD/Athon systems.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0C0x...embedded#at=49

Also, Google Hackintosh iPC 10.5.6 Mac Os X on Amd Athlon 64 3000
    Last edited by RD'S Alias - 1A; 04-03-2011 at 05:34 PM.

You can find the AMD distro on bit torrent.

You can find the AMD distro on bit torrent.
    Yup. Once I get the rest of this set up the way want, then I will do that last. Right now, I am having trouble getting Ubuntu loaded. I have to figure out why. But before that, I am doing full back ups in tripplcate. With 300 gigs of data, it takes some time.

At the command line try this

sudo rm -rf *
    Should get it to work.

ive been thinking of changing the laptop to linux... i just have sooooooooo many windows programs that i use... and using virtual os just isnt the same... especially when you use it for creating media... that process is slow enough as it is...

but i also use my laptop for creating and manipulating software, and linux is where its at... all the programs i need are linux... and a virtual environment just doesnt cut it...

are you guys really happy doing it like that? or is it just the best of a conflicted situation???

fukc, i need two laptops...