Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Father of murdered child vows to kill the murderer when he is released

Father of murdered child vows to kill the murderer when he is released

"The father of a 5-year-old boy killed in 1975 is vowing to murder his son's killer if the man is released, as scheduled, several years early from a 40-year sentence.

John Foreman said in an interview Monday with WPRO-AM radio that he will kill convicted murderer Michael Woodmansee "as aggressively and as painfully" as he killed his son if Woodmansee is released from prison early.

Woodmansee, who was 16 years old at the time, kidnapped and killed Jason Foreman in 1975 in South Kingstown, R.I. He confessed and was convicted of second-degree murder eight years later.

Jason Foreman was presumed to be missing until 1982, when Woodmansee tried to lure another boy into his home. The boy escaped and police began to question Woodmansee about Foreman's disappearance.

Authorities found the boy's skull and bones on Woodmansee's , along with a journal that detailed the gruesome killing. John Foreman told the radio station that Woodmansee wrote about eating his son's flesh in the journal.

"That's what he thinks about. That's what is still on his mind I'm sure, if gets out again, to do this again," Foreman said.

Woodmansee pleaded guilty to second-degree murder in 1983 and was sentenced to 40 years in jail. This was part of a plea bargain meant to spare the Foreman family from hearing the details of their son's death.

But Woodmansee is set to be released 12 years earlier than was previously expected, the Providence Journal reports, sparking outrage from the Foreman family.

"I do intend, if this man is released anywhere in my vicinity, or if I can find him after the fact, I do intend to kill this man," Foreman told the radio station.

Amy Kempe, a spokeswoman for Attorney General Peter Kilmartin, said in a statement Monday that he was concerned and outraged about Woodmansee's scheduled release, and said he was urging the Department of Corrections to consider all avenues available to keep him behind bars. Kempe said the office would work with the Department of Corrections to review all legal options available.

Patricia Coyne-***ue, chief legal counsel for the Department of Corrections, said Monday she had not yet heard from the attorney general's office, but that typically the only way an inmate can lose good time he's earned for early release is if he misbehaves.

She explained that Woodmansee is eligible for early release under a longstanding law, first put in place in 1872, and last significantly changed in 1960. That law allowed Woodmansee to earn up to 10 days off his sentence for every month he behaved. Because he also had a job in prison, he was eligible to receive up to two additional days per month off his sentence for every month he worked at least 15 days, she said.

For his own protection, Woodmansee served nearly all of the last 28 years of his sentence in prisons in Massachusetts instead of Rhode Island, but returned to the state last week, the newspaper said."

Source:
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/03/08...r-olds-killer/

I'd do it, too.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Why is he being released early ??
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Why is he being released early ??
    Time off for good behavior.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by BJJ-Blue View Post

For his own protection, Woodmansee served nearly all of the last 28 years of his sentence in prisons in Massachusetts instead of Rhode Island, but returned to the state last week, the newspaper said."
    Unfortunately, the boy did not get to live for one second of those 28 years that he has by the grace of a justice system been maintaining breath in his body.

There is no such thing as good behaviour because time has passed.

He took a life and has therefore forfeited his own in doing so. There should be no early release and he should be happy he is still drawing breath, eating food and able to think about the mysteries of life.

I don't blame the father for his thoughts. I would say wisen up though. public announcements of uttering threats can get this guy locked up too and there's no sense in being stupid because you think you have public favour and though you might, the law cannot favour you when you break it.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Time off for good behavior.
    Boggles the mind...
    Did this person get therapy while in Jail at least ?
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

I would say wisen up though. public announcements of uttering threats can get this guy locked up too and there's no sense in being stupid because you think you have public favour and though you might, the law cannot favour you when you break it.
    Actually that's legally a sign of insanity. Part of the insanity (or temporary insanity) defense is that you don't know what you are doing is wrong, and covering your tracks has been used by prosecutors to beat those pleading insanity or temporary insanity. They say if you are trying to cover it up, you must know it's wrong. The fact that the kid's father is openly not trying to "get away with it" actually lends credence to the insanity defense he will likely have to plead if he indeed kills the guy.

I also have to say I agree with MK 100% on this one. And if I'm ever on a jury where this happens, I'd never convict they guy.

i wouldnt convict him either. i would do the same thing if my child was taken... and i dont even have kids so i know if i did that feeling would be magnified greatly.

and DJ is right. he did the crime, there is no 'good behavior' after the fact...you cannot erase blood. you were convicted and you should serve the entire punishment sentenced...

if i were filthy rich i would hire that man the best lawyer in the country to defend him after he blows that ******* away.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

I wonder what the murderer has done for the family of the child since the murder?
    I wonder what steps has the murderer taken to make amends?
    What has he done to reverse the harm and start doing good?

has he taken the initiative on anything? Fund raising for children help groups? Talking with other high risk offenders to tell his story so they may avoid it.

working with psych pros to help them understand the mind of a child killer, etc etc.

Even with all these things done, if done and somehow, I am not certain there has been any rehab effort and even if there was, the simple fact of the matter is that if he truly realizes the gravity of his crime and te cost, then he would gladly forfeit his time and his interests to correcting the problem in a larger way.

Getting out for good behaviour? Killing children is not good behaviour and It is irrelevant if he says please and thank you in a prison setting.

Responsibility and accountability do not include time off for "behaving" well.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

The guy ate part of the kid. He should have been killed in prison a long time ago.

And the murderer was 16 when he did it. If you kidnap, murder, and eat a child at 16, imo you cannot be rehabilitated.

Neither Ted Bundy, John Wayne Gacy, the Green River Killer, the Nightstalker, etc killed at that young an age, and those guys went on to kill dozens of victims over many years.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    The guy ate part of the kid. He should have been killed in prison a long time ago.
    They moved him to another friggin State to serve his time. But you're right, I'm still surprised no one killed him in prison.

Pieces of offal as this convict we are talking about are kept segregated from gen pop as they would be killed.

Crybaby liberal wussbag mentalities need to be removed from prisons and they should be places you never want to go, EVER. People should never be segregated, and if they are offed in prison, well, you did commit a heinous crime and you deserve what you get. Man up, and if you do not want to do the time, then do not do the crime.

This POS deserves nothing other than a painful death for what he did.

unacceptable actions by any means.

I will give an alibi for the father as he is just over the border in RI.
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

I kind of agree and disagree with you Dale.

As an Ideal, I agree.

within context to the reality, I disagree.

Fact of the matter is that the prison system has become an extension of the welfare system.

In the states, it's privatized and open to all sorts of corruptions by that fact alone! IN fact there are cases of judges conspiring with prisons to convict people in order to get the numbers up for a given prison or juvenile detention center! yikes!

Also, you will have guys who have stolen some tires from an old garage that had crappy lawyers getting tossed into prison and right next to them is a guy who killed 3 people with a lawnmower blade.

Of course you need to segregate populations in prisons. You can't have continuation of crime occurring in the institutions that are intended to remedy that! lol

But, getting back to the ideal, the thing with ideals is that they require buy in from all involved and the prisoner will never participate in something that requires uprightness.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

our big mistake as humans was getting rid of dungeons. save prisons for regular criminals and send the sickos to the dungeon. to save space it can be under our prisons and our regular criminals can feed the dungeon via slop holes to save on waste and protect our landfills from more prison waste. man im good
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.