Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Father of murdered child vows to kill the murderer when he is released

thug justice huh... hope its worth it... better get all he can from it... coz he'll go down for it... this isnt the kind of thing one could expect to get away with...

i just would have done it and never got caught...not announce it on the radio. the matter of if its 'right' or 'wrong' is up in the air imo.

is it wrong to kill? depends on the circumstances...we kill in the name of greed all to often and have it glorified and justified to the masses based on common acceptance...so it really is just a matter of perspective....religious beliefs aside, we cant all adhere to those beliefs as some of us do not hold those religions to heart.

for instance when someone says to me 'in the bible' or 'god says' it holds no weight because i am not of that faith so that god is not in my heart so to me, i cannot make my decisions based on a faith i dont hold.

in this case i think it is not 'wrong' to kill this man. i dont think it is 'right' either, but i do believe it completely justified.
    Last edited by Lucas; 03-08-2011 at 01:26 PM.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Dugas View Post
    Pieces of offal as this convict we are talking about are kept segregated from gen pop as they would be killed.

Crybaby liberal wussbag mentalities need to be removed from prisons and they should be places you never want to go, EVER. People should never be segregated, and if they are offed in prison, well, you did commit a heinous crime and you deserve what you get. Man up, and if you do not want to do the time, then do not do the crime.

This POS deserves nothing other than a painful death for what he did.

unacceptable actions by any means.

I will give an alibi for the father as he is just over the border in RI.
    I am 100% with you, on that one!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Time off for good behavior.
    Well, he behaved "good", because he could not find any little boys to kill in the prison premises....

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    I kind of agree and disagree with you Dale.

As an Ideal, I agree.

within context to the reality, I disagree.

Fact of the matter is that the prison system has become an extension of the welfare system.

In the states, it's privatized and open to all sorts of corruptions by that fact alone! IN fact there are cases of judges conspiring with prisons to convict people in order to get the numbers up for a given prison or juvenile detention center! yikes!

Also, you will have guys who have stolen some tires from an old garage that had crappy lawyers getting tossed into prison and right next to them is a guy who killed 3 people with a lawnmower blade.

Of course you need to segregate populations in prisons. You can't have continuation of crime occurring in the institutions that are intended to remedy that! lol

But, getting back to the ideal, the thing with ideals is that they require buy in from all involved and the prisoner will never participate in something that requires uprightness.
    I think what Dale is trying to say is that prisons should be places where people do NOT want to be in. If criminals start liking prisons, or feel protected in prisons, then the idea of imprisonment does looses some its deterence factor.

Besides, getting bumped off in prison will just make more room for other dirt bags, who hopefully will be bumped off too....
    Last edited by Hardwork108; 03-08-2011 at 02:21 PM.

Back when I was into cultural anthropology and developing nations, I came across a statement basically saying that we are one of the few civilizations (western) that are more focused on punishment than we are making things right. We've gotten to a point where we believe punishment DOES make the situation right.

Short of making people feel better... what would killing this guy do? Be honest... what result are we looking for by killing someone who is quite possibly reformed? How does doing so enhance society?

Not playing devil's advocate... I'm honestly curious as to what it solves...
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    thug justice huh... hope its worth it... better get all he can from it... coz he'll go down for it... this isnt the kind of thing one could expect to get away with...
    It is possible though.

Gary Plauche shot and killed his son's Karate instructor who had kidnapped and molested his son. The shooting was actually caught on tape. The Karate instructor was handcuffed and in the custody of law enforcement. Mr Plauche waited at the airport with a loaded gun and shot him in the head when he passed by. The prosecuters were worried no jury would convict Mr Plauche, so they offered him a plea deal with no jail/prison time, just probation. This happened in Louisiana btw.

Video of the shooting: (Warning - it is graphic)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oi3Hyxuf5AE

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    Short of making people feel better... what would killing this guy do? Be honest... what result are we looking for by killing someone who is quite possibly reformed? How does doing so enhance society?
    Sex offenders have one of (if not the) the highest rates of reoffending. And this guy killed first at 16 and ATE some of the boy's body. You can't rehabilitate that, imo.

So it wouldn't just make people feel better, it would make them feel safer.

As an aside, in Texas we have a registered sex offender database which is easy to use. You can type in any address and see what registered sex offenders live nearby. It says what crime they were convicted of, the age of the victim, the sentence, and the risk of reoffending, among other things. My friend had one a few houses down from him, and at Halloween the guy put up decorations and left his porch light on (which means you are giving away candy). That is a violation of the law, and my friend reported him. He got to see the police haul the guy away. Everytime we move, we always check the database to see if any live nearby.

Quote Originally Posted by BJJ-Blue View Post
    It is possible though.

Gary Plauche shot and killed his son's Karate instructor who had kidnapped and molested his son. The shooting was actually caught on tape. The Karate instructor was handcuffed and in the custody of law enforcement. Mr Plauche waited at the airport with a loaded gun and shot him in the head when he passed by. The prosecuters were worried no jury would convict Mr Plauche, so they offered him a plea deal with no jail/prison time, just probation. This happened in Louisiana btw.

Video of the shooting: (Warning - it is graphic)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oi3Hyxuf5AE
    yeah but he did get caught... and a properly instructed jury would have no choice but to convict in that situation... that was a breakdown in the rule of law, not the law itself...

if that guy gets killed the first person they will talk to will be the guy who made the death threats... once you know who and why, how is alot easier to figure out... usually its the other way around...

if they are truly interested in justice and they believe in their laws, they will have to convict...

Sex offenders have one of (if not the) the highest rates of reoffending. And this guy killed first at 16 and ATE some of the boy's body. You can't rehabilitate that, imo.

So it wouldn't just make people feel better, it would make them feel safer.

As an aside, in Texas we have a registered sex offender database which is easy to use. You can type in any address and see what registered sex offenders live nearby. It says what crime they were convicted of, the age of the victim, the sentence, and the risk of reoffending, among other things. My friend had one a few houses down from him, and at Halloween the guy put up decorations and left his porch light on (which means you are giving away candy). That is a violation of the law, and my friend reported him. He got to see the police haul the guy away. Everytime we move, we always check the database to see if any live nearby.
    I was talking in general.

This guy sounds broken, genetically. Probably be doing him a favor by putting him down.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    yeah but he did get caught... and a properly instructed jury would have no choice but to convict in that situation... that was a breakdown in the rule of law, not the law itself...

if they are truly interested in justice and they believe in their laws, they will have to convict...
    If the State in question allows for a temporary insanity defense, the jury could well come back 'Not Guilty by reason of Temporary Insanity' verdict. And it would not be a case of jury nullification.

If the State in question allows for a temporary insanity defense, the jury could well come back 'Not Guilty by reason of Temporary Insanity' verdict. And it would not be a case of jury nullification.
    temporary insanity is insanely hard to prove... it used to be something to fall back on when somebody committed a crime that everyone wanted to forgive them for... but it was bullsh1t then and its bullsh1t now...

he got outta jail so the dad went crazy and planned his death... well in advance... but that day, he was crazy... i mean, he lost his child... crazy crazy... its all bullsh1t... if you just wanna let him go, have the nuttz to just come out and say what everyone is really thinking... we like him so its ok this time...

Back when I was into cultural anthropology and developing nations, I came across a statement basically saying that we are one of the few civilizations (western) that are more focused on punishment than we are making things right. We've gotten to a point where we believe punishment DOES make the situation right.
    Well, the right way for all of this is for those in charge to promote healthy family lifes together with values that go with it. A good education system where certain basic moral codes are emphasized to the children, not the usual, "everybody has rights and everybody is right", together with the culture of relative morality. People have to be stirred away from extreme materialism.

Having the approach and combining it with a no mercy treatment with criminals is the right way, a Yin and Yang approach, shall we say.

Having said that, it is clear that the powers that be do want a divided society in chaos, as this is the best way to control and rip the population off....

Short of making people feel better... what would killing this guy do? Be honest...
    Well, will decrease the world carbon polution by one, to start with.

what result are we looking for by killing someone who is quite possibly reformed? How does doing so enhance society?
    I don't think that at this point in time anyone wants to just kill him. They prefer him to stay in jail and serve sentence. That is the least a criminal justice system can do when they have their men, yes even a corrupt to the core, one....

Not playing devil's advocate... I'm honestly curious as to what it solves...
    Solve? Only matters of personal concern. Vengeance. Now I know some dont believe in vengeance, but some do. I am one that does...I'm a ten fold kind of guy. Dont care what someones religion says either. You take a life from me in an act of evil, if I can I will take yours for retribution. I know I am the minority. At least I'm honest with myself though.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

and i would do the same thing if i was in the fathers position

"what would killing this guy do? Be honest..."

take a person whos likely to kill children again off the planet
    Last edited by goju; 03-08-2011 at 04:41 PM.

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down