Thread: Cheap Airline Tickets or Alternative types of air travel???

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA

Question Cheap Airline Tickets or Alternative types of air travel???

I've not been a air travel person ever. So, I'm not really conversant with how to hunt for cheap tickets. I want to get to Hawaii sometime this spring. If anyone has any tips or favorite websites they want to pass on I would appreciate the help. I've looked around the net some but honestly got overwhelmed.

Also, and I realize that 9/11 may have caused this to not be possible, I remember a book back in the 90's I saw about how to get around the world via alternate forms or air and sea travel. Basically, I remember it as a book about how to be a passenger on commercial transport flights and ships. If anyone has any insight into this or can confirm it's generally not possible now, I'd apprecaite the info.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

You can actually buy an around the world ticket.

It's all air travel of course, but star alliance offers this. You can fly to any 5 -8 cities all around the world and arrange all your flights and stay times etc.

Fly standby if you're flexible with your dates and that way you get the dirt cheap ticket, but a little stress as you are unsure of which flight they are gonna slot you on.

I'm also pretty sure that no matter where you are in the states, it is cheaper to fly from there than anywhere in Canada. lol seriously, we get ripped off and fleeced at every turn with every single product up here.

that's the high price of great lifestyle and low population.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    I've not been a air travel person ever. So, I'm not really conversant with how to hunt for cheap tickets. I want to get to Hawaii sometime this spring. If anyone has any tips or favorite websites they want to pass on I would appreciate the help. I've looked around the net some but honestly got overwhelmed.

Also, and I realize that 9/11 may have caused this to not be possible, I remember a book back in the 90's I saw about how to get around the world via alternate forms or air and sea travel. Basically, I remember it as a book about how to be a passenger on commercial transport flights and ships. If anyone has any insight into this or can confirm it's generally not possible now, I'd apprecaite the info.
    I use orbitz, but cheaptickets.com is supposedly good.

Best tip is reserve everything early. If you delay, a day's worth of hesitation could cost you a solid $100-$500, if not more. If it's less than a month away, it'll hurt.

I wouldn't risk the vagabond travel system. Could easily end up stranded or worse.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

My wife and I went to England a couple summers ago. We used Expedia.com for hotels and airlines. Everything went smooth on the trip there and while we vacationed in England. Coming back was a nightmare! Virgin Airlines decided to use our plane "for something else". Yes, that was their words. Our flight back to the US was delayed for five hours. We missed all our connecting flights due to the delay and ended up renting a car and driving rather than flying from New York to Ohio. Of course there was no reimbursement by Virgin Airlines for the $500 we lost due to their need to use our plane "for something else".

I will never use Virgin Airlines again, but Expedia.com was an excellent company to use for great rates.
    Richard A. Tolson
    https://www.patreon.com/mantismastersacademy

There are two types of Chinese martial artists. Those who can fight and those who should be teaching dance or yoga!

53 years of training, 43 years of teaching and still aiming for perfection!

Recovering Forms Junkie! Even my twelve step program has four roads!

Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post

Some airlines, like American, do not publish best rates anywhere except their own site.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

also if you see a deal and in your head you're like' man those are cheap tickets, sounds like a deal' snag it! probably wont last for long lol
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.