Thread: 1st BJJ Class on Sat

1st BJJ Class on Sat

Well, I've finally given in and am going to give it a shot. Although I do workout at an MMA gym, I mostly focus on striking styles, boxing and kickboxing. I have done some grappling in the past but its not as rewarding or enjoyable as striking has been. Professionally, I also happen to work in Psych ward and fairly often have to participate in 'take downs' with assualtive patients. It's not the kind of scene where I could nor want to strike patients...so I'm going to blow the dust of my old Judo gi and give it a shot.

On the plus side, according the internets, I'm looking forward to being able to destroy all traditional martial artists and finally have something I can use effectively on the street...of course if its one on one.
    "if its ok for shaolin wuseng to break his vow then its ok for me to sneak behind your house at 3 in the morning and bang your dog if buddha is in your heart then its ok"-Bawang

"I get what you have said in the past, but we are not intuitive fighters. As instinctive fighters, we can chuck spears and claw and bite. We are not instinctively god at punching or kicking."-Drake

"Princess? LMAO hammer you are such a pr^t"-Frost

If your school offers I recommend training no gi and gi, they compliment each other well and make you a more rounded grappler.

nothing like going to a new place with an open mind im sure you will love it

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin View Post
    If your school offers I recommend training no gi and gi, they compliment each other well and make you a more rounded grappler.
    Thanks for the input, they do offer no gi, but not when I can take it...with my schedule I'm only going to be able to hit the BJJ classes twice a week...I am looking forward to some variety.
    "if its ok for shaolin wuseng to break his vow then its ok for me to sneak behind your house at 3 in the morning and bang your dog if buddha is in your heart then its ok"-Bawang

"I get what you have said in the past, but we are not intuitive fighters. As instinctive fighters, we can chuck spears and claw and bite. We are not instinctively god at punching or kicking."-Drake

"Princess? LMAO hammer you are such a pr^t"-Frost