Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dumbocrats

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    Nobody is the good guy here. Republicans just made up some ridiculous bill that would ensure we are paid, BUT decided to add on crap that had absolutely nothing to do with us, ensuring the bill would be vetoed and the democrats would look anti-military. That is low and sick, considering how nerve wracked a lot of soldiers and families are.
    Despicable act.
    Ok then. So where is the Democrats proposal? Who is the 'Party of No' now?

And fyi, I do think it's ridiculous you guys aren't getting paid if this shutdown happens. Especially since the Medicaid checks are still going out if the Gov't shuts down.

Quote Originally Posted by BJJ-Blue View Post

And fyi, I do think it's ridiculous you guys aren't getting paid if this shutdown happens. Especially since the Medicaid checks are still going out if the Gov't shuts down.
    The democrats did create a proposal. Republicans rejected it.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

My reports will all be blank until I am paid. Just a single line will be there. "Where's my money?"
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

You do realize Boehner made a deal with the Democrats, but it was rejeced by the Republicans when he took it back for review because they want SOCIAL policy changes added into the bill...?
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

The democrats did create a proposal. Republicans rejected it.
    I believe you are incorrect. I saw Charlie Rangel on the news this morning (it was a live interview), and when asked about where the Democrats proposal was he just laughed.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake
    My reports will all be blank until I am paid. Just a single line will be there. "Where's my money?"
    Maybe you should have just went on welfare instead of choosing to be a great man and defend our freedoms. Then you wouldn't have to worry about your money.

That alone should show you where our priorities are and why we do need to fix this mess.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    You do realize Boehner made a deal with the Democrats, but it was rejeced by the Republicans when he took it back for review because they want SOCIAL policy changes added into the bill...?
    Can you be more specific? I believe you are correct, but I want to be sure. Also, when you mention "social policy changes", are you referring to defunding Planned Parenthood and NPR, or are you talking about them trying to enact new laws and just attaching those parts to the funding bill(s)?

And again, the Democrats have not only not submitted a proposal, but had they passed a budget in September when it's supposed to be done, we wouldn't even be having this discussion now. The Gov't would have been funded until Sept 2011.

I believe you are incorrect. I saw Charlie Rangel on the news this morning (it was a live interview), and when asked about where the Democrats proposal was he just laughed.

Maybe you should have just went on welfare instead of choosing to be a great man and defend our freedoms. Then you wouldn't have to worry about your money.

That alone should show you where our priorities are and why we do need to fix this mess.
    Maybe you are in no position to judge me. I'll be in Afghanistan this summer. What about you? What, in fact, have you ever done to help this country? I'm heading into my second deployment, thank you very much. I'm not worried about my money. I'm worried about rent, utilities, and food during this indefinite time of utter imcompetence. And guess what, BJJ? I can't even go get another job in the meantime. So I am stuck working longer hours than you can even imagine while my rent, utilities, and food bills will go unpaid. You again confirmed your utter lack of empathy for anyone except yourself.

And it's reverse welfare when someone expects someone else to work for free. You, again, have zero perspective on a topic you are woefully unqualified to discuss. How many hours do you work a week? How many weeks do you have spend away from your family, living in the middle of nowhere full of people wanting to kill you? Yeah, I volunteered for this, and I am upholding my end of the bargain. Too bad the sad excuse for congress cannot uphold theirs by ensuring, as they always promise and say is a priority, families and soldiers are taken care of. You can't refuse to pay an Army. It doesn't work. Ever.

And WTF is up with your rebuttal to the democrats' plan? Charlie Rangel just laughed? That says NOTHING except that the GOP has successfully brought their nation to a grinding halt, and are laughing about it. Awesome.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

Maybe you are in no position to judge me. I'll be in Afghanistan this summer. What about you? What, in fact, have you ever done to help this country? I'm heading into my second deployment, thank you very much. I'm not worried about my money. I'm worried about rent, utilities, and food during this indefinite time of utter imcompetence. And guess what, BJJ? I can't even go get another job in the meantime. So I am stuck working longer hours than you can even imagine while my rent, utilities, and food bills will go unpaid. You again confirmed your utter lack of empathy for anyone except yourself.
    Whoa whoa! Dude, I'm on your side!!!

I'm ashamed that in this country welfare recipients are guaranteed to get their checks while military personnel are not. That's ****** up. The only judging I did concerning you was calling you a great man for defending this country.

And it's reverse welfare when someone expects someone else to work for free. You can't refuse to pay an Army. It doesn't work. Ever.
    I agree. However it looks like you don't think I do. I'm furious you guys are getting screwed while those on the dole are not.

And WTF is up with your rebuttal to the democrats' plan? Charlie Rangel just laughed? That says NOTHING except that the GOP has successfully brought their nation to a grinding halt, and are laughing about it. Awesome.
    Charlie Rangel is a Democrat. So it's the Democrats who are laughing at it.

But do you really want to get angry? Try this one on: Rush Limbaugh called this months ago. When the last budget was due around September and the Democrats didn't even submit one, he said they were not going to pass one, and wait til the GOP took over then shut down the Government and blame the GOP. He also said they would play the 'The GOP wants to starve kids, throw old people out on the street, make seniors eat dog food. etc' and he got that right too.

So you want to get mad about people playing politics with the budget, get mad at those guys who have been doing it since September, not the guys who just took office in January.

Well... it already started. Getting a very small paycheck next week. Nothing planned for end of month. I WAS going to buy some extra gear for my upcoming deployment. Guess not.

Funny thing is, we used to tell the Iraqis all matter of factly how it only made sense they'd have deserters if they didn't pay them.

I'd worry more about the wrath of the military spouses instead of the soldiers.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

Whoa whoa! Dude, I'm on your side!!!

I'm ashamed that in this country welfare recipients are guaranteed to get their checks while military personnel are not. That's ****** up. The only judging I did concerning you was calling you a great man for defending this country.

I agree. However it looks like you don't think I do. I'm furious you guys are getting screwed while those on the dole are not.

Charlie Rangel is a Democrat. So it's the Democrats who are laughing at it.

But do you really want to get angry? Try this one on: Rush Limbaugh called this months ago. When the last budget was due around September and the Democrats didn't even submit one, he said they were not going to pass one, and wait til the GOP took over then shut down the Government and blame the GOP. He also said they would play the 'The GOP wants to starve kids, throw old people out on the street, make seniors eat dog food. etc' and he got that right too.

So you want to get mad about people playing politics with the budget, get mad at those guys who have been doing it since September, not the guys who just took office in January.
    Sorry if I misread you, BJJ... I'm just pretty furious right now. More for my soldiers with kids than myself.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

Sorry if I misread you, BJJ... I'm just pretty furious right now. More for my soldiers with kids than myself.
    It's ok, I can understand your anger and frustration.

Again, I can't believe that you guys are not covered as "essentials" who get paid even when there is a shutdown. It's ridiculous. Hopefully this will get changed so it won't happen in the future.

For whats it worth, I'll be praying for all of you guys.

All they need to do is send up a clean bill just for the Department of Defense. That's all. They can't even do that. They HAVE to have stupid riders and cuts that have nothing to do with us. Then they use it to blame the democrats? How freaking childish can you get?
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown