Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: William Cheung's ANTI-CLF Tactics

Great Grandmaster William Cheung learned under the founder of wing chun Yip Man he knows his martial arts very well i heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Keng Lee View Post
    Great Grandmaster William Cheung learned under the founder of wing chun Yip Man he knows his martial arts very well i heard.
    O-mei god...
    When it does happen, it's fast and hard and over quick. Either I'm standing or he's standing. That's Real.
    nospam

You type because you have fingers. Not because you have logic.
    Phil Redmond

"Great Grandmaster William Cheung learned under the founder of wing chun Yip Man he knows his martial arts very well i heard."

Now he's a GREAT grandmaster?

Quote Originally Posted by LaterthanNever View Post
    "Great Grandmaster William Cheung learned under the founder of wing chun Yip Man he knows his martial arts very well i heard."

Now he's a GREAT grandmaster?
    William Cheung has never said he was a GREAT grandmaster. Keng Lee's post was obviously a typo.
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Quote Originally Posted by lance View Post
    hskwarrior ,

Are you a WC or CLF expert ? GM Cheung was just explaining how the fight between the CKF man and himself took place on that particular day . Just like if someone was throwing a straight vertical fist punch at your face , you would automatically react in a certain way against that particular punch right ?

The youtube clip you were talking about is based on an instructional DVD GM Cheung produced . And he used his own student to demo of what happened on that particular day . If he called on a CLF man then the situation would have turned into some thing else . But hskwarrior inorder to find out go and challenge GM Cheung to a fight . Because it ' s very easy to criticize somebody right ? But really challenging the man is a whole different story . If you beat him great , but if you lose then that ' s the truth right there ?

In other words instead of talking bad about the man go and challenge him .
    That ' s the only way to find out if he ' s good or not .

Lance
    i think Emin already did that and proved how good he is?

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    QFT, and to be honest neither of them looked very good no matter who did the editing.
    Mike

Wing Chun in many senses has morphed into this convoluted pile of crap over the years for many reasons.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

That was one incident and not even a fight. It was a sneak attack from the side. Done by a guy who trained just for the sneak attack who also had more guys ready to jump in in case he lost. W.m Cheung had received death threats and knew that if he won he could be killed. And even if it was a fair square off fight and William Cheung lost that doesn't mean he was never a good fighter. Chuck Liddel has lost "fair" fights. Does that mean he's no good? btw, Cheung wasn't even hurt and continued the seminar afterwards.
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Sorry, coming to this thread late, just thought I'd add that back in the day, as I remember, William Cheung and the Lacy's had a lot of competitive spirit that came out on the CLF side. I have no doubt he spent a good bit of effort trying to figure out how to fight those guys properly. No idea how to judge the success though.
    Guangzhou Pak Mei Kung Fu School, Sydney Australia,
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng
    Established 1989, Glebe Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Yum Cha View Post
    Sorry, coming to this thread late, just thought I'd add that back in the day, as I remember, William Cheung and the Lacy's had a lot of competitive spirit that came out on the CLF side. I have no doubt he spent a good bit of effort trying to figure out how to fight those guys properly. No idea how to judge the success though.
    I just happened to find this.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmXhjmov2ro
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Redmond View Post
    I just happened to find this.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmXhjmov2ro
    Cool. Little treasure there...
    Guangzhou Pak Mei Kung Fu School, Sydney Australia,
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng
    Established 1989, Glebe Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Yum Cha View Post
    Cool. Little treasure there...
    Sifu Chan Chee talking about how he met and fought William Cheung twice using Choy Lee Fat kung fu. He eventually asked William Cheung to take him to Yip Man so that he could learn Wing Chun.
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Redmond View Post
    That was one incident and not even a fight. It was a sneak attack from the side. Done by a guy who trained just for the sneak attack who also had more guys ready to jump in in case he lost. W.m Cheung had received death threats and knew that if he won he could be killed. And even if it was a fair square off fight and William Cheung lost that doesn't mean he was never a good fighter. Chuck Liddel has lost "fair" fights. Does that mean he's no good? btw, Cheung wasn't even hurt and continued the seminar afterwards.
    i respect you phil and if you are a reflectionof your master then he must be a good man,and i know you wont take this personally but i get fed up with people making challanges and then making excuses when they lose, rightly or wrongly cheung issued a challange and lost the only match we have any recorded history of, at least liddel has won as well as lost matches about all we can find of cheung are demo clips where he is working against iffy techniques

i respect you phil and if you are a reflectionof your master then he must be a good man,and i know you wont take this personally but i get fed up with people making challanges and then making excuses when they lose, rightly or wrongly cheung issued a challange and lost the only match we have any recorded history of, at least liddel has won as well as lost matches about all we can find of cheung are demo clips where he is working against iffy techniques
    I would say that sifu Chan Chee's comments may indicate that William Cheung was a good fighter?

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwork108 View Post
    I would say that sifu Chan Chee's comments may indicate that William Cheung was a good fighter?
    The TCMA world is full of people talking about each other as great fighters, I remember that tai chi v white crane fight for charity from the 60’s where people were worried they might really hurt or even kill each other because of their skill levels…didn’t quite turn out like that did it

It doesn’t change the fact that the only fight we have of cheung in action looked bad on both the guys taking part, and the clips on this thread and those posted on other threads do not in any way support his claims to be a great fighter, to be fair there are no clips supporting Emin’s assertions to be the great wing chun fighter either

This CLF master could be right, he might be right, but let me ask you this if you wanted to judge the skill level of someone you didn’t know what would you put the most weight behind? Actual footage of them in action on video or word of mouth?