Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: William Cheung's ANTI-CLF Tactics

William Cheung ' s Anti - CLF Tactics

Well , that was Cheung ' s way of fighting emin , there was a video on the youtube featuring Cheung and his students dealing with jiu ji tsu people or grapplers . The grapplers was demonstrating on Cheung ' s student , who did ' nt know how to deal with a grappler at all . So cheung stepped in and use his WC techniques to counter the grapplers move by modifying his stance . And cheung beat the grappler .

So after the incident with emin it woke him up even his son today is dealing with grappling because the son ' s friends are grapplers too . So people evolve .
    So it ' s important to know the techniques in your system against grapplers , and do drills at it and practice it and make it part of you .

Grapplers would usually go for your legs depending on the situation , so all the martial arts people who fight standing up like karate , kung fu , thai boxers would
    have to find their way against grapplers . Capoira , aikido people too . The JKD people have their own moves for grappling mainly because of it ' s founder BL .
    Grappling does have it ' s own advantages too , they can only grapple with one person . Karate , kung fu , aikido they are trained to fight with multiple attackers .
    JKD people too . Since we ' re all talking about the fight between cheung and emin .

And Cheung and the Choy li fut man , WC you train to guard your centerline and if you ' re good you attack the centerline of your opponent , by using any means to get into your opponents' defensive areas . CLF people been taught to attack their opponent at anyplace where it ' s open . If one hand misses the target then the other attacking hand is on its' way to the next target area .
    WC people been taught to defend and attack using both hands while CLF people do defend and attack at the same time or hammer the opponent continiously with a combination of punches , back fist and hand strikes to where the opening is .
    WC people who mov e straight into their opponent attemting to knock the their opponent down , CLF people would defend and blast their attacker at the right moment . WC people would use their own share of hand and striking , kicking techniques , just like the CLF people . Next is depending how good you really are as a martial artist .

lance

Quote Originally Posted by lance View Post

Well , that was Cheung ' s way of fighting emin ,
    STOP
    Stop smoking crack
    Do you really think Cheung intended to look (and react) the way he did then?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2fNPW9OgmY

It was an embarassing mongolian cluster FUCK and attempts to re-write history never work when the actual video is available

there was a video on the youtube featuring Cheung and his students dealing with jiu ji tsu people or grapplers .
    where is it? though we already know the answer, in some alternate bizzaro universe

So cheung stepped in and use his WC techniques to counter the grapplers move by modifying his stance . And cheung beat the grappler .
    complete BS from clueless people is why wing chun gets such a bad rep. just stop it, it's sad
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Blog Entries
    CLF people been taught to attack their opponent at anyplace where it ' s open .
    Crack Kills, didn't you hear?

CLF people would defend and blast their attacker at the right moment
    See what i mean? who taught you what you don't really know about CLF?

depending how good you really are as a martial artist .
    That is the most sensible thing i think you've said so far because "STYLES DON'T FIGHT BACK"
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Well , that was Cheung ' s way of fighting emin , there was a video on the youtube featuring Cheung and his students dealing with jiu ji tsu people or grapplers . The grapplers was demonstrating on Cheung ' s student , who did ' nt know how to deal with a grappler at all . So cheung stepped in and use his WC techniques to counter the grapplers move by modifying his stance . And cheung beat the grappler .

So after the incident with emin it woke him up even his son today is dealing with grappling because the son ' s friends are grapplers too . So people evolve .
    So it ' s important to know the techniques in your system against grapplers , and do drills at it and practice it and make it part of you .

Grapplers would usually go for your legs depending on the situation , so all the martial arts people who fight standing up like karate , kung fu , thai boxers would
    have to find their way against grapplers . Capoira , aikido people too . The JKD people have their own moves for grappling mainly because of it ' s founder BL .
    Grappling does have it ' s own advantages too , they can only grapple with one person . Karate , kung fu , aikido they are trained to fight with multiple attackers .
    JKD people too . Since we ' re all talking about the fight between cheung and emin .

And Cheung and the Choy li fut man , WC you train to guard your centerline and if you ' re good you attack the centerline of your opponent , by using any means to get into your opponents' defensive areas . CLF people been taught to attack their opponent at anyplace where it ' s open . If one hand misses the target then the other attacking hand is on its' way to the next target area .
    WC people been taught to defend and attack using both hands while CLF people do defend and attack at the same time or hammer the opponent continiously with a combination of punches , back fist and hand strikes to where the opening is .
    WC people who mov e straight into their opponent attemting to knock the their opponent down , CLF people would defend and blast their attacker at the right moment . WC people would use their own share of hand and striking , kicking techniques , just like the CLF people . Next is depending how good you really are as a martial artist .

lance
    do you actually train or do you get all your martial knowledge from magazines and the internet

The clip of cheung dealing with a single leg take down is one of the worst clips out there, its totally clueless, at least emin has actually trained grappling cheung just pretends to know it and gets his students to do bad attacks that people laugh at when they see it

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    STOP
    Stop smoking crack
    Do you really think Cheung intended to look (and react) the way he did then?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2fNPW9OgmY

It was an embarassing mongolian cluster FUCK and attempts to re-write history never work when the actual video is available

where is it? though we already know the answer, in some alternate bizzaro universe

complete BS from clueless people is why wing chun gets such a bad rep. just stop it, it's sad
    there is a clip of cheung at a seminar showing how he would deal with a takedown, gets set in a stance says now you cant take me down, then gets put on his backside.... terrance made a long thread about it on the wing chun forum before getting banned

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    there is a clip of cheung at a seminar showing how he would deal with a takedown, gets set in a stance says now you cant take me down, then gets put on his backside.... terrance made a long thread about it on the wing chun forum before getting banned
    In the early 90's we had a very large school in downtown Manhattan. We rented it out to other groups and for seminars. Highlights included the dog brothers doing a gathering there.

We also rented to BOTH Cheung and Emin Boztepe. Cheung came across as ok but very limited in his "world view", i.e. limited to his wing chun system and it's concepts and his preconceived ideas. Emin was similarly limited in his world view but more obnoxious about it. one of his guys thought a rear naked choke would never work on him, we actually put him to sleep

The entire thing should be forgotten for everyone's sake, certainly not held up as some example of how great Cheung is!

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Think maybe TCMA horsestance training would help wing chun practicioners become more grounded and less prone to being uprooted. That and move out of the way more from "incoming". http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_ziL...ayer_embedded:)
    Last edited by PalmStriker; 04-23-2011 at 09:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    Emin was similarly limited in his world view but more obnoxious about it.
    My experience with Emin was he is skilled but very arrogant. I also found him to be less than respectful with some of his seniors in WT.

I have never met William Cheung, but have had the opportunity to meet and sometimes train with several of his lineage. Almost all of them have been great guys, Phil Redmond is a great example.
    Peace,

Dave

http://www.sifuchowwingchun.com
    Wherever my opponent stands--they are in my space

William Cheung ' s Anti - CLF Tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    Frost ,

You know what frost intead of talking BS about Cheung go and grapple with him ,
    it ' s easy to talk , but hard to do . Go and challenge cheung and see what happens . If emin was a fair fighter he would ' ve allowed cheung to get back on his feet and start again . But Emin had to continue to show cheung how good he was right ? So if the seminar video clips on cheung against the grappler not talking about emin now , still convinces you that cheung is ' nt good then go and challenge cheung then , if you win then I ' ll say cheung is junk .

And you don ' t know nothing about my martial arts back ground , stop your BS on me . I never say nothing about your martial arts background right ? So , stop talking BS about my martial arts back ground .

Lance

Frost ,

it ' s easy to talk , but hard to do . Go and challenge cheung and see what happens . If emin was a fair fighter he would ' ve allowed cheung to get back on his feet and start again . But Emin had to continue to show cheung how good he was right ? So if the seminar video clips on cheung against the grappler not talking about emin now , still convinces you that cheung is ' nt good then go and challenge cheung then , if you win then I ' ll say cheung is junk .

And you don ' t know nothing about my martial arts back ground , stop your BS on me . I never say nothing about your martial arts background right ? So , stop talking BS about my martial arts back ground .

Lance
    why should i go grapple with cheung? i have been grappling for over 7 years, done a few competitions and roll with guys in the ufc on a regular basis, what the f*ck could i achieve from rolling with him?

I have seen good grappling, bad grappling and terrible grappling, when someone demos like cheung did its not hard to judge their level

And its not knocking him really i just get annoyed at people who let their ego get in the way of their students learning cheung doesnt seem to want to admit he knows nothing about grappling and would rather make cr^p up than simply tell his guys to go elsewhere

Frost ,

Lance
    we know from your posts that whatever your martial arts background, it isn't in anything at all realistic and you have no idea what you are talking about

from the clips, it is 100% obvious anyone with a wrestling background would take Cheung down without much effort, he has no concept of how takedowns work

If emin was a fair fighter he would ' ve allowed cheung to get back on his feet and start again .
    What's it like living in your "fair" world? This just highlights that you have no clue what a real confrontation is like outside of your little classroom.

Go get some experience in a real gym and then come talk to us about how "fair" fights are.

It's always interesting to see people like you talk about fighting and then read from people like Frost or Sifu Ross who actually have the chops. You people are the reason for TCMA's terrible reputation because you all live in in fantasy land.
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb