Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: They say she had it coming.

Quote Originally Posted by solo1 View Post
    so end the cycle. guy rapes...exterminate that person. There is no reasoning, there is no cure. There is only one andidote and it comes in the form of a high speed lead injection to the head.
    i agree

i tend to think along the lines of 18th-century philosopher Jean-Jacques Rousseau when he said there is absolutely no fundamental perversity in the human heart', and that all bad behaviour is the result of society itself.

in other words we are products of our environment we grow up in

while its possible to head off the things that can lead one down to a bad path after a certain point i believe people are hopeless

in the case of rape the person who commited the act went past the point of no return imo and they should immediately rGET the death penalty and be removed from society

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

Quote Originally Posted by goju View Post
    i agree

i tend to think along the lines of 18th-century philosopher Jean-Jacques Rousseau when he said there is absolutely no fundamental perversity in the human heart', and that all bad behaviour is the result of society itself.

in other words we are products of our environment we grow up in

while its possible to head off the things that can lead one down to a bad path after a certain point i believe people are hopeless

in the case of rape the person who commited the act went past the point of no return imo and they should immediately rGET the death penalty and be removed from society
    He was wrong, some people are indeed, "Born Bad", whiel all are born with the potential innate in them- it's called selfishness.
    Most of us understand that - We know what is right and yet we feel compelled at times to do what is wrong.
    Some just can't control it while others will "bask" in it.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

you really think some people are born bad??? from a genetic standpoint? or a christian one?

some people are genetically more likely to do some things than others, but aside from the insane, those genes dont mean you will act on em... and even the complete insane dont have to be evil, just "off"...

curious to see where you get that from... i think i could put together a good argument for both...

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    you really think some people are born bad??? from a genetic standpoint? or a christian one?

some people are genetically more likely to do some things than others, but aside from the insane, those genes dont mean you will act on em... and even the complete insane dont have to be evil, just "off"...

curious to see where you get that from... i think i could put together a good argument for both...
    From a christian stand point, we are all born bad in the since that we do our best to live against the harmony of being with God - pride being THE sin that drives us to believe we don't need God and can be "like" God ( the Adam and Eve thing).
    That is not what I am referring to.
    Some people seem to be born bad and by that I mean without a "conscience" for lack of a better word.
    The likes of Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Po and such.
    Sociopaths I think is what they are called.
    Of course there are still environmental factors, but these factors would not have effected them to the degree if not for the "genetic mix up" that was there already.

not all sociopaths are bad... more often than not they just go thru life and most people dont even notice how different they are...

i read some great words on it a few years ago... if i can find them again i'll post em up... it was full of stats and case studies...

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    not all sociopaths are bad... more often than not they just go thru life and most people dont even notice how different they are...

i read some great words on it a few years ago... if i can find them again i'll post em up... it was full of stats and case studies...
    True, but look at what I said, that coupled WITH environmental factors that, under normal circumstances, would NOT drive someone to commit and horrific act.

Pedophila is a disease, no one choose to be a pedophile, people are born that way.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    True, but look at what I said, that coupled WITH environmental factors that, under normal circumstances, would NOT drive someone to commit and horrific act.

Pedophila is a disease, no one choose to be a pedophile, people are born that way.
    but if they are also born with good sense they wont rape kids... being born a pedophile doesnt make you bad... touching kids is what makes them bad... fantasizing about it is bad...

if i can train my brain to go celibate, so can they... and i love pu$$y... and as hard as it would be to live without it, i know i could...

i am willing to agree that people are born with some sort of genetic pre-disposition, but not born "evil" or "bad"... im not even willing to admit that those perceptions even exist outside of peoples thoughts... good and evil, i think its a construct, nothing more...

the reason i asked whether you meant that in a christian sense or a genetic sense is cause you said it so matter of factly... like it was beyond dispute...

as far as being born to do "evil"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...born-evil.html

it briefly mentions that philosophers views i mentioned

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down