Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tsunami hit Japan and soon Taiwan

Quote Originally Posted by mooyingmantis View Post
    Excellent read! Thank you!
    The media is pretty idiotic when it comes to "scientific facts."

This is a breathe of fresh air, as well as settling any worries in my heart.
    It is bias to think that the art of war is just for killing people. It is not to kill people, it is to kill evil. It is a strategem to give life to many people by killing the evil of one person.
    - Yagyū Munenori

It's a bit ****ing hairy out.

I live in Saitama, about 45 mins north west of Tokyo.

I was on a train when the quake hit. As many have said, it was like a movie. I think the human mind has to compartmentalise/objectivise things like that in order to make sense of them. It really seemed like the railcar had been picked up by the top and was being shaken from side to side. We were right at the station and the platforms, lights, overhead wires etc were all shaking at the craziest angles.

We stayed on the train, and the driver announced there'd been a big one (for those who hadn't noticed?!). We waited. The cellphone network was already down. The announcement came that it was over 7.5 and in Miyagi, and that a tsunami was highly likely. After maybe 25 mins they said they weren't going to be going again for fear of aftershocks, and we guided off the train.

They were talking about guiding us to the evac areas (every Japanese town/city/burb has them, usually in a school's grounds or a park about 5 mins walk from the station), but there were just 8 long lines of nearly silent people waiting snaking up onto the concourse waiting to get out of the ticket barriers which had stopped from an outage. Everybody was orderly, and eerily quiet.

Nobody gave us any guidance to the shelter, and people were still waiting despite it being a pedestrian footbridge/overhead concourse with big windows...

I left, hung about outside trying to get my wife, had a beer, and after a couple of wee chats (the cellphone network was off, but I could get through on a net phone service iPhone app) with my wife I started out for home. The cabs were all taken of course, the trains weren't going, there were no buses to my city, I was about 16 km out and it was getting dark and cold with a biting strong north wind.

I ran-walked about half the way, and found a bus, and eventually got home four hours later.

My wife and child were shaken of course, but safe, and Saitama had got off a lot easier than even Tokyo. Nothing compared to Sendai. We had to put some stuff back on shelves but none of the furniture had fallen and we had one breakage. We live in a ten-year reinforced concrete manshon which had just been renovated: some people we know in Tokyo in older wooden houses were in pretty bad shape, but essentially our neighbourhood had very little visible damage.

Of course our thoughts went to my colleague's family in Sendai, one of my student's family in Fukushima, our friends and their new baby in Odaiba.

We've had a lot of aftershocks that even this big dumb insensitive gaijin can feel. Over 500 according to the news. Worse yet, is that the 'Tokyo Big One' hasn't come yet, and there've been 6 different quake epicentres since last Friday I've counted: Niigata, Nakano, Miyagi/Sendai, Tokyo Bay, Iwate, Ibaragi. They're on different faults and working there way down becoming more frequent closer to Tokyo.

And then, of course, there's the reactors.

The media (every countries, including Japan's, but Japan's does seem a little more measured) is full of ****. Speculative sensationalist trash. But again, that's human nature: Ive heard the staff in my staff room listen to the same report as I was, and I was getting reassured by expressions like 'within the normal levels of radiation' and 'not dangerous to humans at this level', and they were hearing 'radiation, radiation, radiation'!

The explosion yesterday at midday-ish (Monday) had been predicted on Sunday, and still everyone was sounding freaked out. The constant pictures in the media of mushroom cloud shaped explosions didn't help! NHK are showing only stock photos of the Fukushima plant ten years ago now, with its pretty sky-blue-with-fluffy-clouds design all over it which is better than footage of the grey hulking, smoking, steaming, belching skeleton we can see now.

I'm in the 'not-so-dangerous' camp, but yes, I am aware of the possible worst case scenario. My daughter (3) woke up with earthquake nightmares this morning; my wife broke down last night after four days of constant wakefulness and evac prep. We have bags packed in the hall. So it helps for me to keep reading the science, and on twitter I'm following some very sensible independent scientific types who keep tweeting radiation levels; that way I can remain calm and even upbeat for my family.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

After Sumatra, there were strong aftershocks for a month, so we're expecting the same. Several of them so far have been over 6 on the Richter.

That isn't going to help the reactors.

With the exception of some ****s on Chinese message boards and some christian freaks in the US blaming it on Pearl Harbor karma, and Tokyo's very own Governor Ishihara (the ass) who blamed divine retribution for Japan's sloth and selfishness, the international response has been good. The US army/navy or someone put out the big fire at Daiichi Unit 4 about 3 hours ago. The radiation levels spiked then but have gone down to near enough normal again now. The levels for Fukushima and around the plant aren't available on the disaster prevention site; presumably censored. Ibaraki is a little high. Kanagawa/Yokohama peaked at a still safe level (less than a flight) two hours ago and fell again when the fire was put out and the wind direction changed. Tokyo got to marginally higher than before but nothing worse than a couple of cigarettes and a couple of bananas!

Misc oddities:

On the way home on Fri everything was closing early except the conbinis and... car showrooms! They still all had staff and customers in them, with the doors closed, presumably working hard for sales!

Bikes and running shoes sold out in many parts of Tokyo on Fri evening as people rushed to get home with the trains out.

Panic buying only started yesterday in earnest. Now there are no toilet rolls, rice, batteries, torches, packet foods, instant noodles etc, canned foods, bottles of water, bread products anywhere. The strangest thing you can see is people walking out of shops with armfuls of twenty or so bentos. They'd be pretty **** by the next day even if you put them in the fridge!

We ordered a big torch over Amazon, which was then cancelled by the Japanese govt to be sent to Sendai.

I just had the graduation ceremony at my junior high: everybody was very (absurdly?) calm and happy, with the exception of the mayor who was nearly hysterical in his speech. It was hilarious and quite surreal!

We've got rolling brownouts, first today (a day after scheduled) of three-four hours, excepting central Tokyo which presumably they're trying to keep going for economy's sake. This has caused a huge backlash on the net against pa*****o parlours, conbinis, neon and sex joints for working all night and using ridiculous amounts of power. Quite right too.

With the current state of reactors Japan will lose 20-30% of its power output for up to two months. The brownouts will continue till the end of April.

Apart from a few childish ****s like Bawang, the Chinese response has been lovely, with many people remarking how the Japanese helped in the Szechuan quake. Ditto the US response vs a few Tea-Partyish fundamentalist blow-hards.

Volunteers are of course not wanted near the site.

The 10000 people who were thought to have been swept away from one town were found to have evacuated.

Gotta go: got an outage on the way. Anyone want any direct links to any aspect of what I've been on about, I'll bung some up later.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Generally that article is about right.

The radiation level even with a full meltdown should be little worse than Three Mile Island. If there are internal pressurised explosions that then rupture the internal casing at force we're ****ed though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Punch View Post
    Apart from a few childish ****s like Bawang
    japanese army machine gunned my village. all their wealth and depravity was jump started by their war. tell me how the fuk am i supposed to feel anything for them.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    japanese army machine gunned my village. all their wealth and depravity was jump started by their war. tell me how the fuk am i supposed to feel anything for them.
    I'm in the same position as you but what can we do about it? It's already happened.

I can never forget the atrocities that were committed and I'll never forgive the people involved, but it doesn't make me feel good when I see children and women dying.

If you hate something, hate the Japanese government for not teaching in their schools what they did to our people during the war.
    It is bias to think that the art of war is just for killing people. It is not to kill people, it is to kill evil. It is a strategem to give life to many people by killing the evil of one person.
    - Yagyū Munenori

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Designs View Post
    I'm in the same position as you but what can we do about it? It's already happened.
    what you can do? what you can do about it is not be hypocrites.

you guys train chinese martial arts and feel sympathy and pray for mortal enemies of china. you guys play with spears and swords and guns all day and are horrified of death. you guys pay more attention to a common japanese natural disaster that happense once every year than libyian revolution. suck my dik.

what you can do is dont act like a postmodern liberal dumfuk with the memory span of a gold fish. american patriotism and vengeance is so half assed you guys blood frenzy to kill muslims ran out of gas in the middle of the iraq war under 3 years.
    I can never forget the atrocities that were committed and I'll never forgive the people involved, but it doesn't make me feel good when I see children and women dying.
    im not jerking off to their deaths. im not dancing and singing. im just not fawning all over them out of principle.
    americans sympathsize with japanese because they are seen as submissive and safe. the good foreigner.
    If you hate something, hate the Japanese government for not teaching in their schools what they did to our people during the war.
    democracy reflects the mind and will of the people.
    Last edited by bawang; 03-15-2011 at 02:12 AM.

Whoa, chill the **** out.

All I'm saying is that natural disasters suck, I have friends in Japan also.

Do I know the history? Yes, my family came from Manchuria.....

I'm not stupid, I specifically study East Asian History....

I don't have any "special love" for Japan.

Get your head out of your ass and don't point fingers at me.

I know very well all the little problems and every historical detail of Sino-Japanese relationship.

So shut the **** up. No point talking about it here. I'm about as pro-China as they come. Don't point fingers at me.
    - Yagyū Munenori

i aint talking about u bro im talking to western people in general. i wanted to give my reason.

im angry because on toronto radio 2 weeks ago i heard jockeys mocking the middlea east revolutions and making fun of libyians dying. and this week being compeltely serious about the japanese earthquake.

at my college, all everyone talked about is the tsunami. no one said a word about the middle east a week before.

i didnt hear nothing him this forum about gadaffi bombing his own cities. there is a reason why people are all excited about japan and i hate that reason.
    Last edited by bawang; 03-15-2011 at 02:59 AM.

i aint talking about u bro im talking to western people in general. i wanted to give my reason.

im angry because on toronto radio 2 weeks ago i heard jockeys mocking the middlea east revolutions and making fun of libyians dying. and this week being compeltely serious about the japanese earthquake.

at my college, all everyone talked about is the tsunami. no one said a word about the middle east a week before.

i didnt hear nothing him this forum about gadaffi bombing his own cities. there is a reason why people are all excited about japan and i hate that reason.
    I totally understand you sentiments as they are justified based on your past history however, you also have to learn to forgive as it is what is best for your inner self.
    Trust me, most Americans will never forget Peral Harbor and most Japenese will never forget Hiroshima and Nagasaki...

Another reason why there is more attention paid to the Tsunami is because it IS an act of nature not people against people, not people trying to overthrow their goverments, etc. there is a BIG difference. Let's not forget that the increasing severity of natural disasters over the past 20 years, it has not been just Western Friendly countries that have been affected and the PEOPLE not the GOVERMENT has poured their hearts into helping out.

Earthquakes in the past 20 years:

- July 16, 1990: Manila, Philippines' capital and many provinces of Luzon were shook by a 7.7-magnitude earthquake, killing 1,597 people.

- Oct. 20, 1991: An earthquake of 6.1 magnitude struck Uttar Pradesh, north of India, killing 2,000 people.

- March 22, 1992: An earthquake of 6.3 magnitude left one million victims and 50,000 homeless in east Turkey.

- Dec. 13, 1992: An earthquake of 7.5 magnitude devastated Flores Island in Indonesia, which killed 2,500 people.

- Sept. 30, 1993: An earthquake measuring 6.4 magnitude shook Maharastra state in India, killing 7,601 people and injured 15,846 more.

- Jan. 17, 1995: An earthquake of 7.2 magnitude killed 6,400 people in Kobe, west of Japan.

- May 28, 1995: North of Sajalin Island in western Russia, was jolted by a 7.5-magnitude earthquake killing 1,989 people.

- May 10, 1997: Jorasan province in the east of Iran was devastated by a 7.1-magnitude earthquake, killing 1,560 people.

- Feb. 4, 1998: Rustaq district in the north of Afghanistan was stricken by an a 6.1-magnitude earthquake. It killed at least 4, 400 people. Later another earthquake of 6-magnitude rocked the same area killing 250 more people.

- May 30, 1998: Tajar province, northeast of Afghanistan was hit by a 7.1-magnitude earthquake, which killed 5,000 people.

- July 18, 1998: A tsunami with waves as high as 10 meters killed 3,000 people in the north coast of Papua-Nueva Guinea.

- Jan. 25, 1999: The coffee region of Quindio in Colombia was shaken by a 6.2-magnitude earthquake killing 1,100 people.

- Aug. 17, 1999: The northwest of Turkey, including Istanbul, was jolted by an earthquake of 7.4 magnitude, which killed 17,000 people and injured 30,000 more.

- Jan. 26, 2001: At least 15,500 people died in an earthquake of 6.9 magnitude in the northwestern state of Gujarat in India.

- May 21, 2003: Some 2,273 people died, 10,243 more were injured and more than 1,000 went missing in Argelia in an earthquake of 5.8 magnitude.

- Dec. 26, 2003: An earthquake of 6.3 magnitude killed 26,271 people in Bam city, southeast of Iran. The earthquake also devastated 70 percent of the city, leaving two thirds of its population of 200,000 homeless.

- Dec. 26, 2004: The Indonesia island of Sumatra was devastated by an earthquake measuring 8.9 magnitude, with it epicenter in Aceh. A tsunami killed more than 280,000 people in 12 Asian and African countries.

The most affected countries were Indonesia with 121,219 deaths, Sri Lanka with at least 39,000, India with some 11,000 and Thailand with 5,313 deaths, including 2,171 foreigners.

- March 28, 2005: The west of Sumatra was shaken by a 8.7- magnitude quake killing 1,300 people.

- Oct. 8, 2005: Kashmir, a city on the Pakistan-India border, was shaken by a 7.6-magnitude earthquake, which killed 86,000 people and injured 40,000 more. In the India side, 1,000 people died.

- May 27, 2006: Java Island in Indonesia was stricken by an earthquake measuring 6.2 magnitude, which killed 6,234 people, injured 20,000 and left 340,000 displaced people.

- Aug. 15, 2007: An earthquake measuring 8 magnitude shook Peru, killing 513 people and injuring 1,090 more.

- May 12, 2008: Wenchuan county in southwest China was the epicenter of a 7.8 magnitude earthquake, which killed more than 90, 000 people.

- April 6, 2009: An earthquake of 6.2 magnitude shook central Italy, killing 299 people.

- Sept. 30, 2009: A total of 3,000 people died and 450,000 were left homeless in Sumatra island in Indonesia, after a 7.6- magnitude quake and aftershocks up to 6.8 magnitude.

- Nov. 7, 2009: An earthquake of 7.9 magnitude in Port Vila coasts in Vanuatu killed 452 people and injured 786 more.

- Jan. 12, 2010: Haiti was shaken by a 7.3-magnitude earthquake, the worst in its history. Some 300,000 people were killed and more than one million was left homeless.
    Tom
    Integrated Kung Fu Academy
    Kung Fu - Kickboxing - MMA -Self Defense
    Media, PA -Delaware County

Some of the most devasting Tsunamis in history

6100 B.C. – Norway

Storegga Slides, landslides that occurred under the water near the edge of Norway’s continental shelf. An area roughly the size of Iceland shifted causing a megatsunami in the North Atlantic Ocean.

1650 B.C. – Santorini

A Greek volcanic island eruption caused a tsunami, estimated to be between 100 m and 150 m high and devastated the island of Crete 75 km away. Santorini is thought, by some, to be the cause of the Great Flood recorded in Jewish, Christian and Islamic historical texts.

1700– North America and Japan

A massive tsunami caused by an earthquake along a 1,000-mile fault hit the coastal areas of northern California, Oregon, Washington and British Columbia, on January 26, 1700. The tsunami also caused flooding and damage in Japan. Geologist Brian Atwater of the U.S. Geological Survey has made many discoveries exposing the history of the land and the coastal peoples of the Northwest. Layers of beach sand enabled him to pinpoint the exact date of the 1700 tsunami. Experts say another tsunami may strike the region in the next century.

1775 – Lisbon, Portugal

The Sunday earthquake that devastated Lisbon sent many people fleeing from churches to the coastlines to avoid falling debris. The tsunami that followed killed tens of thousands of people. Overall, at least one-third of Lisbon’s pre-earthquake population of 275,000 was killed.

1883 – Krakatoa

Krakatoa Images

An island volcano in Indonesia, Krakatoa exploded so dramatically in 1883 that it forced much of the seabed below to collapse. The picture above shows the parts of the island that fell into the sea, creating a series of tsunamis (some reaching over 40 meters in height). This tsunami event was experienced in multiple regions throughout the world. Evidence of the tsunami has been found in the Indian and Pacific Oceans, the American West Coast, South America, and even in the English Channel. Areas in Java and Sumatra were so devastated that they were never inhabited again, and became nature reserves.

1929 – Newfoundland

Newfoundland Tsunami

An earthquake that measured 7.2 on the Richter scale occurred beneath the ocean on the Grand Banks, underwater plateaus southeast of Newfoundland. The tsunami reached heights of over 7 meters and hit the southern coast of Newfoundland, where 28 people were killed as a result.

1946 – Aleutian Islands and Pacific Ocean

Aleutian Islands Tsunami
    On April 1, 1946 an earthquake triggered a tsunami near the Aleutian Islands of Alaska. The magnitude of this earthquake was 7.8. The height of the tsunami is not known but in the Aleutian Islands it had killed 165 people and caused over $26 million in damage. A Pacific-wide tsunami was also created as a result of this earthquake. The tsunami travelled through the Pacific Ocean and struck Hawaii and the French Marquesas Islands. In the Marquesas Islands, the local people knew the dangers of a tsunami and some of the warning signs. Survivors of the 1946 tsunami or "taitoko" as it is called on the islands, recall being warned by their elders to flee for higher ground. Waters ran up into low-lying areas of this small group of islands during this tsunami at a depth of 20 meters in the low-lying regions. This is an important event in the history of tsunamis as it lead to the creation of the Pacific Warning System. This system created a method of warning areas that could be affected by an impending tsunami before it actually hit. The picture below shows the wave as it hit the Hawaiian city of Hilo; note the man depicted in the photo below.

Aleutian Islands Tsunami

1960 – Chile

Chilean Tsunami

The largest recorded earthquake of the 20th century occurred on May 22, 1960 off the coast of south-central Chile. It was measured at a magnitude of 9.5 and generated a Pacific-wide tsunami similar to the tsunami of 1946. The death toll in Chile was estimated at 2,300 people. In Hilo, Hawaii the destructive waves took the lives of 61 people. The waves also reached Japan, damaging coastlines and the fishing industry.

1964 – Good Friday Tsunami

An earthquake that measured 9.2 generated tsunamis that struck Alaska, British Columbia, California, and Pacific Northwest towns. Waves reached a height of nearly 6 meters and struck as far away as Crescent City, California.

1979 – Tumaco, Colombia

A 7.9 magnitude earthquake occurred off the Pacific coast of Colombia and Ecuador on December 12, 1979. This tsunami killed an estimated 400 people and left 798 wounded.

1999– Izmit Bay, Turkey

Izmit Bay
    It is a common misconception that tsunamis only occur in oceanic areas. The 1999 tsunami that struck parts of western Turkey originated in the Sea of Marmara, part of the Turkish Straits. The earthquake event known as Kocaeli was located on the Northern Anatolian Fault, sending water from the sea towards Turkey. Areas sustaining the largest damage were Golcuk, where water run up reached a height of 4 meters. The cities of Degirmendere and Karamursel also experienced heavy damage due to flooding.

Factors that could have prevented the widespread damage are still being researched. Many things have been learned as a result of this tsunami and the further implementation of warning systems as well as changing the construction of buildings and roads will help to prevent future damages.

2004 – Indian Ocean

Tsunami Warning System

Triggered by a magnitude 9.0 earthquake, this historic tsunami sent waves throughout the Indian Ocean, and even into the Pacific Ocean. More information on this event can be found throughout the website. Unlike the Pacific Ocean warning system, this region had no formal means of warning the public of an incoming tsunami. Final death tolls are up to 300,000 deaths, with 5 million more
    people affected by the tsunami
    Tom

Disasters quadruple over last 20 years

Weather-related disasters have quadrupled over the last two decades, a leading British charity said in a report published on Sunday.

From an average of 120 disasters a year in the early 1980s, there are now as many as 500, with Oxfam attributing the rise to unpredictable weather conditions cause by global warming.

"This year we have seen floods in South Asia, across the breadth of Africa and Mexico that have affected more than 250 million people," said Oxfam's director Barbara Stocking.

"This is no freak year. It follows a pattern of more frequent, more erratic, more unpredictable and more extreme weather events that are affecting more people.

The number of people affected by disasters has risen by 68 percent, from an average of 174 million a year between 1985 to 1994 to 254 million a year between 1995 to 2004.

"Action is needed now to prepare for more disasters otherwise humanitarian assistance will be overwhelmed and recent advances in human development will go into reverse," Stocking said.

Oxfam wants the UN conference on Climate Change in Bali in December to agree a mandate to negotiate a global deal to provide assistance to developing countries to cope with the impacts of climate change and reduce green house gas emissions.

(Reporting by John Sinnott, Editing by Elizabeth Piper)

http://www.reuters.com/article/2007/...18480220071125
    Tom

Last year's disasters were deadliest in 20 years

Natural disasters killed almost 300,000 people and harmed nearly 208 million others in 2010, a report by a UN agency has found. It was the deadliest year in at least two decades, and the report warns of worse to come.

The Center for Research on the Epidemiology of Disasters (CRED) counted 373 natural disasters in 2010. They claimed the lives of 296,800 people and left many millions more homeless or injured.

The earthquake in Haiti in January and the Russian heat wave in the summer caused most of the fatalities, according to the report published on Monday.

The UN's Assistant Secretary-General for Disaster Risk Reduction, Margareta Wahlström, said these figures were likely to get worse in coming years.

"These figures are bad, but could be seen as benign in years to come," she said. "Unless we act now, we will see more and more disasters due to unplanned urbanization and environment degradation."

Weather-related disasters are expected to rise due to factors such as climate change, she added.

According to the World Meteorological Organization, La Nina, a climate pattern that is thought to be linked to floods and landslides in Colombia in 2010 and the more recent floods in Australia, is likely to continue at least until the first quarter of 2011.

Bildunterschrift: The heat wave in Russia caused numerous fires and about 56,000 people diedReducing risk

Wahlström said disaster risk-reduction should no longer be consider "optional."

A view echoed by Debarati Guha-Sapir, CRED's director and a professor at the University of Louvain in Brussels.

"We need to act now and show results soon. It is important that we clearly understand the direct causes of deaths and destruction of livelihoods from natural disasters, so we can act on them effectively."

The Americas headed the list of the world's worst affected continents for the first time, as Haiti's earthquake caused 75 percent of the deaths with about 222,500 fatalities.

Europe was next with Russia's heat wave claiming some 56,000 deaths in 2010. Other extreme climate events in Europe included storm Xynthia in February, heavy floods in France in June and the extreme weather conditions all over Europe in December.

Asia was hit by fewer disasters but was the most-affected region, accounting for 89 percent of all people affected by disasters in 2010. Five out of the top ten disasters happened in China, Pakistan and Indonesia.

Altogether, the disasters and disaster relief cost nearly $110 billion (81 billion euros).

http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,,14784937,00.html
    Tom

this tsunami will remind people that we are all human, that being first world does not make us demigods.
    Couldn't agree more.

Quote Originally Posted by bawang
    its not honorable to gloat when your enemy is suffering
    Starting to lose it with the word enemy. You really think some Mickey-Mouse cutesy Louis Vitton obsessed shopaholic nation of kids is your enemy? And I mean up to the age of 50-odd and beyond, because although that's a racist generalisation, in many ways it's also very apt.

but im not gonna offer any false sympathies either.
    Fair enough.

Seventy ****ing years ago!. The old ****s that did it got away with it (apart from the few that were done for war crimes). The very few that are still alive are ****ing into bags though I'd still have them prosecuted if I could. And I would have the zaibatsu pay compensation until the brink of bankruptcy too, even after the enormous compensation Japan already paid to China.

But guess what? It ain't gonna happen. And carrying hatred from generation to generation just perpetuates more from the other side. Young Japanese people in general have no prejudice against the Chinese... until they hear of the hate from China, and then they start to wonder. Education: great! Hatred: silly pointless bollocks.

Exactly. My grandmother lost her brother after the end of the war to the death railway. She also accepted my wife as the lovely, kind person she (my wife) is.

I checked my wife's grandfather's history before I got married: I wasn't going to marry into the family of a murdering rapist. But that's as far as I'll go towards carrying a grudge.

what you can do? what you can do about it is not be hypocrites.

you guys train chinese martial arts and feel sympathy and pray for mortal enemies of china. you guys play with spears and swords and guns all day and are horrified of death. you guys pay more attention to a common japanese natural disaster that happense once every year than libyian revolution. suck my dik.
    How about you suck mine? I don't do CMA, I do any MA, and I do it because it calmed me down when I was young and because I grew up in a rough area. So "playing with" [insert historical bull] doesn't wash, and I don't care who your mortal enemies are... in fact, that very expression is anachronistic, atavistic and childish in this day and age.

And "happens once a year"? It's possibly the biggest earthquake in history, followed by possibly the biggest tsunami in history, followed by possibly (all though pretty low) the biggest nuke disaster in history, followed by possibly... the whole ****ing thing all over again! Have you any idea what you're talking about.

As for Libya, one reason I don't come round this forum so much any more was to get more active in politics: as such I've been writing to various MPs and campaigning on Twitter for Libyan revolutionaries, Bahrain, Yemen, you name it. But yeah, of course I care about the men, women and children in the country where I live... just as I do about anywhere.

what you can do is dont act like a postmodern liberal dumfuk with the memory span of a gold fish. american patriotism and vengeance is so half assed you guys blood frenzy to kill muslims ran out of gas in the middle of the iraq war under 3 years.
    Nothing to do with me: I'm not American, I didn't support the Iraq War and I wouldn't have supported Hussein, Gaddafi, Mubarak, Netanyahu or any of those bloodthirsty pr.icks. I would however, have finished the job in the Gulf War and not pull out and let a dictator massacre the rebels who'd sworn to help us.

im not jerking off to their deaths. im not dancing and singing. im just not fawning all over them out of principle.
    That's fair enough. I just saw your comment and it reminded me of some of the ****ty things some of your countrymen have been saying about being glad down to the last child (and by countrymen I mean Chinese and American) when I live here with my 3-year old daughter. I don't go for BS threats but anyone'd see how half-assed I was if they made such a comment to my face.

Wait, so now you're angry at the Japanese tsunami victims because of a couple of Canadians?
    Last edited by Mr Punch; 03-15-2011 at 05:39 AM.

With increased populations come increase death tolls.
    This was a horrific even, and horrific natural disaster and one that we hope will not get worse because of a man-created disaster, the nuclear reactors.

I have friends and family living in Japan, friends I made while there doing Judo and Kyokushin, and I am glad they are fine.
    This was a horrible thing to happen and the images are truly frightening and amazing all at once.

When nature decides to flex it's muscles, It doesn't care who gets in the way, something we lowly humans seem to forget way too much.

Let us extend our help, our love and for those that are into that, our prayers to the people of Japan.

Regardless of any past issues with ANY government, the people that suffer during a natural disater are just that, people, like you and me.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !