Thread: Lawn mower question

Lawn mower question

So it's time to buy a mower and I was looking at different models at Sears. I could not figure out how to tell if the different models were made in the US or China. Does anyone know how to tell?

Quote Originally Posted by BJJ-Blue View Post
    So it's time to buy a mower and I was looking at different models at Sears. I could not figure out how to tell if the different models were made in the US or China. Does anyone know how to tell?
    I don't think you can tell on the machine itself. The manual should say, though. Even some Craftsman stuff is made in the UK. Global economy and whatnot.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    I don't think you can tell on the machine itself. The manual should say, though. Even some Craftsman stuff is made in the UK. Global economy and whatnot.
    Thanks.

I looked on the info sheet that was on each one and it didn't say. I read that Craftsman tools are now made in China, so I wanted to check before I bought one.

You'll be hard-pressed to find anything completely made in the USA these days. At least one component was manufactured abroad.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    You'll be hard-pressed to find anything completely made in the USA these days. At least one component was manufactured abroad.
    I've found that Snapper products are made in the USA. So as of now it looks like I'll be buying a Snapper this weekend.

snapper isn't the only one.

google is your friend man...lol

http://www.usstuff.com/lawnmowr.htm

The remington looks nice. Or the push mower, I recommend push mowers because they run on bananas and limit one's propensity for becoming obese.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Does Sears still honor the Craftsman lifetime warranty like they used to?

I know for a long time if you have anything made by Craftsman and it broke you could simply take it back to the store and exchange it.

For some reason I doubt it is that easy these days.
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb

I found that usstuff site, but it is dated. Some of the mower info was 10 years old.

Yes, Sears still honors it. But while doing research I found they are no longer recommended since they are made in China. While they still honor the guarantee, it's a pain in the butt to have to keep returning cheap Chinese made tools that break all the time. Most of those guys said they now buy Snap On tools.

Ahh. Well that sucks.
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb