Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Tsunami hit Japan and soon Taiwan

Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

So a few people at the top apologized a few times, then a few didn't. A few denied actions, and a few didn't? What is the idea we are looking for here? What is the point?

Some apologized and there were a few films made. Some didn't apologize and there were a few films made...

A wholehearted apology is unlikely, from any government. Japan lost that sino war anyways; they can't even have a normal army because of it...

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    Canada, better than you think, worse than you know.

Canadian soldiers in wartime in both world wars got a reputation for visciousness because of a frequent "no prisoners" attitude towards their attacks.

This doesn't match the optics of everything following the 2nd ww in which we basically dismantled our forces which had the 3rd largest navy in the world a comparable air force to any and a huge army.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

a week has passed

nuclear power plant explosions contained

some rains/snows fall

the earth is still shaking

---

prayer, prayer, prayer

---

Quote Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
    a week has passed

nuclear power plant explosions contained

some rains/snows fall

the earth is still shaking

---

prayer, prayer, prayer

---
    Prayers haven't done a whole lot for the 10k+ who are likely dead, have they? How about instead of praying we proactively get involved with the relief effort? Prayers do nothing. The money I donated did something.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    Canada, better than you think, worse than you know.

Canadian soldiers in wartime in both world wars got a reputation for visciousness because of a frequent "no prisoners" attitude towards their attacks.

This doesn't match the optics of everything following the 2nd ww in which we basically dismantled our forces which had the 3rd largest navy in the world a comparable air force to any and a huge army.
    If it happened before the Geneva Convention, how is it a war crime? A conventional war of that scale and magnitude, I'm surprised there was any respect for human life at all. If you just watched German soldiers mow down your entire battalion within 5 minutes, and then throw up their hands in surrender, you tell me how a person might react, especially with no laws in place to tell them what right looks like.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    If it happened before the Geneva Convention, how is it a war crime? A conventional war of that scale and magnitude, I'm surprised there was any respect for human life at all. If you just watched German soldiers mow down your entire battalion within 5 minutes, and then throw up their hands in surrender, you tell me how a person might react, especially with no laws in place to tell them what right looks like.
    im sure i wouldve done the same... you can only be attacked and see your friends die so much before you dont care about rules anymore... even if you are the aggressor, you will still "feel" like you are right... like i said, where there are soldiers and war, there are war crimes... its just how it is...

lots of laws are used retroactively... but the geneva convention is different, cause its more of an agreement than anything... untill these parties agreed, all was fair game...

As it is above, so it is below.

The macrocosm IS the microcosm.

Observation is a great teacher.

When combined with hindsight and foreknowledge, it is the most excellent teacher.

I don't have a video proving this.

Kung Fu is good for you.

If you cant find it on youtube, it isnt for real...

Blog Entries
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 03-21-2011 at 05:35 PM.

then the bitterness and negative emotion will continue.

forgiveness only frees you from that horror.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    I have to show this, so people will understand what Japanese had done to Chinese.

It's very difficult for me to control my emotion everytime I look at those pictures. Will I forgive them? Of course not!
    so are you saying you have a hate on for the japanese??? who exactly are you mad at and who are you not forgiving??? nazis did nasty sh1t to canadian troops and people im related to in europe, but i dont hate all germans for it... even tho i think the country got off really light all considering...

anyways, this is the japanese earthquake and tsunami thread... so heres an interesting article...

Chernobyl Cleanup Survivor's Message for Japan: 'Run Away as Quickly as Possible'

What message do you have for Japan?

Run away as quickly as possible. Don't wait. Save yourself and don't rely on the government because the government lies. They don't want you to know the truth because the nuclear industry is so powerful.
    http://www.aolnews.com/2011/03/22/ch...n-away-as-qui/

This is why you shouldn't repost stuff that you find lying around the internet until you have some idea about who wrote it and what their qualifications are:

http://www.newscientist.com/article/...al.html?page=1

EO

Break-a-thon for Japan

A martial fundraiser - there's another one I posted last week on the Shaolin forum.

Tomizaki's Kung Fu holding break-a-thon to benefit Japan relief fund
    Concord Transcript
    Posted: 03/30/2011 11:54:39 AM PDT

Tomizaki's Champions Kung Fu Institute will be holding a Break-A-Thon at 3 p.m. Saturday, April 2, to raise money for the American Red Cross Japan Earthquake and Tsunami Relief Fund.

There will be a lion dance, followed by kung fu performances, and a finale by Master Daniel Tomizaki breaking 100 boards.

Tomizaki's is joining the Ogawa family in trying to raise $500,000, which the Ogawas will match up to $500,000 for a total of $1 million.

The Break-A-Thon will be held at Tomizaki's Champions Kung Fu Institute at 4475 K Treat Blvd., Concord. Sponsors can make tax-deductible donations to the American Red Cross. For information and donations, visit http://www.crowdrise.com/handsforjap...zakisChampions.

For more information, call 925-671-7100.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart