Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Different kind of muscle?

The type of muscles "LOOK" you get is based on they type of ST you are doing, it's just that simple.
    Muscle is muscle, HOW it is trained, along with diet, will dictate how it looks AND what it is strongest at.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Wang Shifu, you should try an experiment. See how much your daughter can deadlift. (Assuming qualified instruction on proper form)

I'll give 2:1 that she can move more plates than the entire Wing Chun forum combined.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    This is not a veiled request for compliments

The short story is I did 325# for one set of 1 rep.

1) Does this sound gifted, or just lucky?

One can have much muscle and little control over it.

It's like having a lambo and not really knowing how to drive it right.

Congrats to your daughter on her win John. Good grace and strength there.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    The type of muscles "LOOK" you get is based on they type of ST you are doing, it's just that simple.
    Muscle is muscle, HOW it is trained, along with diet, will dictate how it looks AND what it is strongest at.
    Agreed and agreed, but there are other ways to create strength. The TCMA internals deal with that other way, and that has not got much to do with chi development, not at least to start with.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwork108 View Post
    Agreed and agreed, but there are other ways to create strength. The TCMA internals deal with that other way, and that has not got much to do with chi development, not at least to start with.
    Well, when that is proven in a laboratory or in comparative analysis, then I'll give you that.
    Till then, when it comes to building the strength of the muscle, which is involved in EVERY movement we make, I will stick to what has been proven over and over and over, even in China, to be the best way to build muscular strength, endurance and explosive power and that is progressive resistence training.

Like I said a few times before, if I find myself in a situation that requires the use of strong muscles to save my life, I would prefer to have with my a strong man, rather than someone that has spent the last 30 years doing IMA and can't even deadlfit his bodyweight.

deadlift?

press man.

a dude in good shape should be able to bench press his own body weight at least once. If no can do, should be able to do with a short ramp up in less than 30 days.

deadlift should see you lifting 1.5x your bodyweight. lol on the first go.

structural knowledge aside and assumed.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

was watching "destroyed in seconds" awesome show by the way....anyhow there was a helicopter crash in a ditch in hawaii, dudes buddy was flying...big ol hawaiin guy came over and lifted the helicopter up to get dude out.

only way that happened was because the guy was a lifter.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    deadlift?

press man.

a dude in good shape should be able to bench press his own body weight at least once. If no can do, should be able to do with a short ramp up in less than 30 days.

deadlift should see you lifting 1.5x your bodyweight. lol on the first go.

structural knowledge aside and assumed.
    I used the DL because the DL is one of those "natural" lifts that everyone needs to be able to do, we DL things all the freaking time in our day to day.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    was watching "destroyed in seconds" awesome show by the way....anyhow there was a helicopter crash in a ditch in hawaii, dudes buddy was flying...big ol hawaiin guy came over and lifted the helicopter up to get dude out.

only way that happened was because the guy was a lifter.
    well, maybe not. helo's don't weigh much and you did say he was a big ol Hawaiian guy so I'm gonna assume he probably also outweighs the chopper. lol
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Well, when that is proven in a laboratory or in comparative analysis, then I'll give you that.
    Till then, when it comes to building the strength of the muscle, which is involved in EVERY movement we make, I will stick to what has been proven over and over and over, even in China, to be the best way to build muscular strength, endurance and explosive power and that is progressive resistence training.
    The methodology I am discussing is not taught openly even in China. Also, it does not take away anything from the effectiveness of the methodology that you describe, however it is still an effective alternative that will last you into year later years.

Like I said a few times before, if I find myself in a situation that requires the use of strong muscles to save my life, I would prefer to have with my a strong man, rather than someone that has spent the last 30 years doing IMA and can't even deadlfit his bodyweight.
    I would agree with you as far as most people claiming internal MA knowledge are concerned.

As I said, the methodology is rare. I have only come across one person who taught this. There is another whom I know of who probably knows it, but I am not sure, but he certainly does not teach it, openly at least. So, that is ONLY two people I know. And I do my best to research as much as I can about the TCMAs.

So, we are talking about a rare methodology which should be investigated by those who want to research the TCMAs to a deeper level.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    well, maybe not. helo's don't weigh much and you did say he was a big ol Hawaiian guy so I'm gonna assume he probably also outweighs the chopper. lol
    hahahaha!!!
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwork108 View Post
    The methodology I am discussing is not taught openly even in China. Also, it does not take away anything from the effectiveness of the methodology that you describe, however it is still an effective alternative that will last you into year later years.

I would agree with you as far as most people claiming internal MA knowledge are concerned.

As I said, the methodology is rare. I have only come across one person who taught this. There is another whom I know of who probably knows it, but I am not sure, but he certainly does not teach it, openly at least. So, that is ONLY two people I know. And I do my best to research as much as I can about the TCMAs.

So, we are talking about a rare methodology which should be investigated by those who want to research the TCMAs to a deeper level.
    ALL IMA methodologies were investigate in China, don't think for a minute that they weren't.
    It's actually well documented, if you can get you hands on the info.
    The chinese were driven to give their athletes the best possible chances to win in athletic competitions and outside of the use of some herbs like cordyceps ( a mushroom) and some other stuff, they found nothing of value for their athletic program.
    In regards to the subject at hand - strength development- the studies and science is clear and has been for sometime.

If you choose not to believe me that is fine, I respect that, I am just stating what is.

Trust me ( or don't) the fact is that IF any IMA methdology could have given the chinese results in athletic competitions, they would have been adopted and guard with even MORE secrecy than anything in the TCMA.

The fact that some Chinese athletes got caught for performance enhancers and the discovery of the potential effects of things like cordyceps, makes a clear statement.

Again, focusing on the facts- progressive resistence strength training has been shown over and over to be the best possible way t increase stength.
    Do the study yourself:
    Do one year of ST and see what you can lift and compare it to one year of IMA work.

ALL IMA methodologies were investigate in China, don't think for a minute that they weren't.
    It's actually well documented, if you can get you hands on the info.
    The chinese were driven to give their athletes the best possible chances to win in athletic competitions and outside of the use of some herbs like cordyceps ( a mushroom) and some other stuff, they found nothing of value for their athletic program.
    In regards to the subject at hand - strength development- the studies and science is clear and has been for sometime.

If you choose not to believe me that is fine, I respect that, I am just stating what is.

Trust me ( or don't) the fact is that IF any IMA methdology could have given the chinese results in athletic competitions, they would have been adopted and guard with even MORE secrecy than anything in the TCMA.

The fact that some Chinese athletes got caught for performance enhancers and the discovery of the potential effects of things like cordyceps, makes a clear statement.
    i pointed this out to this muppet a year ago, if the methods worked that well how come the chinese athletes prefer modern ST work......of coursehe chinese dont know the secret stuff, only a certain few people know...and he happens to be one

Again, focusing on the facts- progressive resistence strength training has been shown over and over to be the best possible way t increase stength.
    Do the study yourself:
    Do one year of ST and see what you can lift and compare it to one year of IMA work.
    studies dont matter, scienctific work doesnt matter because only a few know the real way to build strength and they dont share with anyone...not even the chinese people (but they will share with HW108)