Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My cat is not very smart

My cat is not very smart

I have a soft spot for animals, so we have a good number of indoor cats. We just moved into a 2-story house, and none of our cats have lived in one before. Within a few hours all the cats except one had went up and down the stairs with no issues. But not this one. He went up them on his own, then refused to come down. He just sat at the top of the stairs looking down and crying. So I went to pick him up to carry him down and he freaked out. I literally had to toss him down to avoid being sliced to death. So it happened again, and this time my wife went to try bringing him down as he likes her more. She did about as well as I did. So now he won't go up the stairs at all.

You certainly have away with ***** !
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Cats are great. They provide much more family entertainment than dogs, imo.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Cats are great. They provide much more family entertainment than dogs, imo.
    Dogs and cats as family entertainment?

I get my entertainment reading people's take on kung fu training here in this forum-

have you tried luring it with a treat or some fish ? one stept at a time draw it down one step with the treat, then the next, etc.

ive had to do that in the past.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

You gotta show that ***** whos boss !!
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwork108 View Post
    Dogs and cats as family entertainment?

I get my entertainment reading people's take on kung fu training here in this forum-
    My cat keeps my laughing all day. He's a hoot.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Cat's are retards.

I've lived with them all my life.

I just do it to feel better about myself.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Cat's are retards.

I've lived with them all my life.
    There is a joke there somewhere, but I don't wanna go there....

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson
    I just do it to feel better about myself.
    Yes, but what about the poor cats who have to live with you?....
    Last edited by Hardwork108; 03-14-2011 at 02:07 PM.

why throw it??? dont you know how to incapacitate a cat to carry him down??? my cats can be crazy but i know exactly how to bind their legs without hurting them and can carry em anywhere... the hard part is not getting cut to shreds when you let go... but i just put em on their back and let go real quick... no need to throw it anywhere... especially down a set of stairs...

ive even got my cats wet in the tub... not easy, but do-able... their usually pretty clean, but sometimes they get into something gross... like when one tore open a a plastic honey bear and got it all over herself... all the dirt and dust and anything else she rolled around in stuck to her, not to mention having to clean honey off the floor... thankfully it was on the hardwood...

also i only get female cats... it sucks when theyre in heat but its better than the alternative... and i hate the idea of having them "fixed"... i have very mixed feelings about that whole thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    why throw it??? dont you know how to incapacitate a cat to carry him down??? my cats can be crazy but i know exactly how to bind their legs without hurting them and can carry em anywhere... the hard part is not getting cut to shreds when you let go... but i just put em on their back and let go real quick... no need to throw it anywhere... especially down a set of stairs...

ive even got my cats wet in the tub... not easy, but do-able... their usually pretty clean, but sometimes they get into something gross... like when one tore open a a plastic honey bear and got it all over herself... all the dirt and dust and anything else she rolled around in stuck to her, not to mention having to clean honey off the floor... thankfully it was on the hardwood...

also i only get female cats... it sucks when theyre in heat but its better than the alternative... and i hate the idea of having them "fixed"... i have very mixed feelings about that whole thing...
    Wow, now I know what you meant when you implied to have had a lot of experience with Pu$$ies....

Like MK, I love cats and find them much more fun and interesting than dogs.

I tried shaking the food at the bottom of the stairs, but no go. I also put catnip down on the first step down and that didn't work either and he LOVES catnip. It's like crack for cats.

As to why I threw him, I had no idea he would react like that. I know how to carry a cat that's ****ed off, by the scruff of the neck. They just freeze up and hang there! So i went to pick him up and put him on my chest/shoulder area like he likes to be carried. He honestly gave no signs of being upset before I picked him up. I felt horrible after I did it btw.

hmm ya thats one scardie cat you got on your hands. another tactic if you can is to scare him/her down the stairs.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

A frightened cat sometimes forgets where he is and if his family is trying to help him or not.

You made a decision based on the situation, it didn't turn out perfectly, but at least it got him down the steps. Welcome to the imperfect world of imperfect decisions.

I own a cat as well. Love those little guys.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    This is not a veiled request for compliments

The short story is I did 325# for one set of 1 rep.

1) Does this sound gifted, or just lucky?