Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: They dont speak English at Subway anymore

They dont speak English at Subway anymore

So after a long day at work, me and the wife were moving another load of stuff from our old place to our new place. We decided to stop at Subway to grab dinner. There were two girls working the counter making the sandwhiches. And one didn't speak English!!!! No one word. The other girl had to translate everything to her. This is flat out ridiculous that in the United States of America people have to speak Spanish to order a **** sandwich. I'll be calling the complaint line and the manager today.

Subway is disgusting. That was your first mistake.

Jokes aside.

I've had people call me at work who don't speak English and when I tell them that no one in the office speaks Spanish they are incredulous:

"Why no speak Spanish this America everybody speak Spanish. . ."

/headdesk

Welcome to the reconquista. All things being equal it makes perfect sense.

As I've said previously we should just annex Texas to Mexico; Southern California already is. . .

I mean, do we really need the southwest?

SoCal is going to break off and sink into the Pacific any day now; I would just be happy to see the destruction of Orange County.

Don't even get me started on Arizona. They are like Texas's retarded kid brother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    This is not a veiled request for compliments

The short story is I did 325# for one set of 1 rep.

1) Does this sound gifted, or just lucky?

If you live in territories that were, historically speaking, very recently a part of Mexico... why does this surprise you?

You should be able to speak Spanish if you live in any of those areas. It's not their fault... they were there first.

I'm just wondering how she survived the job interview. If you are working for Subway, you should be bilingual in a place like that. You should skip the manager (because he/she was the one who hired them anyway) and contact the regional office. If that girl ended up working alone, you'd end up with a lot of angry customers.

Again, not surprising, seeing as these people never left when the US annexed the land... but for something as customer oriented as Subway, this should not have happened.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    If you live in territories that were, historically speaking, very recently a part of Mexico... why does this surprise you?

You should be able to speak Spanish if you live in any of those areas. It's not their fault... they were there first.
    By that logic most of Europe should be speaking Latin.

I'm just wondering how she survived the job interview. If you are working for Subway, you should be bilingual in a place like that. You should skip the manager (because he/she was the one who hired them anyway) and contact the regional office. If that girl ended up working alone, you'd end up with a lot of angry customers.

Again, not surprising, seeing as these people never left when the US annexed the land... but for something as customer oriented as Subway, this should not have happened.
    The manager was not very helpful. The regional office was very receptive and promised to take care of the problem.

Look, the bottom line is this: The menu is in English, so all employees should be able to read the darn menu.

Quote Originally Posted by BJJ-Blue View Post
    By that logic most of Europe should be speaking Latin.

The manager was not very helpful. The regional office was very receptive and promised to take care of the problem.

Look, the bottom line is this: The menu is in English, so all employees should be able to read the darn menu.
    Most of Europe does speak either a derivative of Latin or the Goth or Gaellic tongues that were spoken there historically.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

how old was she?
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

well now, y'all c'mon up to queebek and see who'll speak anglais with you.

lol. You'll like the subways there too because no one speaks english there either! lol

fwiw, multilingual people have bigger brains and are generally of a higher IQ where as uni lingual folks don't show that same gusto of brainy.

go figure that the more you're exposed to and the more you are involved in, the less you will have to worry about not understanding.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    how old was she?
    I'd say early to mid 20s, but I'm bad with ages. Plus she was shorter, so it was hard to see her face from where I was standing in front of the prep area and with the glass in front of me. The bilingual girl was that age for sure. Since she rang us up at the register we got a good look at her.

To be fair, they don't speak english in popular music anymore either...
    Kung Fu is good for you.

was she hot?
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    well now, y'all c'mon up to queebek and see who'll speak anglais with you.

lol. You'll like the subways there too because no one speaks english there either! lol

fwiw, multilingual people have bigger brains and are generally of a higher IQ where as uni lingual folks don't show that same gusto of brainy.

go figure that the more you're exposed to and the more you are involved in, the less you will have to worry about not understanding.
    The girl wasn't multilingual. She only spoke Spanish.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

The girl wasn't multilingual. She only spoke Spanish.
    I'm talking about the english dude who lives in the south of the usa but doesn't speak spanish.

ordering a sandwich in spanish?

not that hard.

crikey, at a subway you don't ahve to speak at all, just point. lol

It's not like he was trying to get government services or something, or medical attention. ahahaha.

watch (btw i am canadian)

customer: Quisiera un sándwich

staff: ¿Qué desea usted?

customer: Quisiera un sándwich de queso.

staff: ¿Y para tomar?

customer: para tomar, quiero cerveza!

staff: ¿Desea algo de postre?

customer: Sí ¿Me trae un pastel de chocolate?

staff: ¿Algo más?

Customer: Nos. Gracias.

done and done.

print this page if you're ever hankering for a cheese sandwhich and a beer and a piece of chocolate cake in 1bads town. lol
    Last edited by David Jamieson; 03-16-2011 at 11:19 AM.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

20 year old spanish speaking latina...
    Was she good looking?
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    20 year old spanish speaking latina...
    Was she good looking?
    i asked first!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    i asked first!
    There is power in numbers !!
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !