Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Question for Hskwarrior

Blog Entries
    Frank,
    Then I hope you can see the fallacies in your arguments and stop being a running dog, you can be more than just a ferocious non-thinking bull terrier.
    Thats all you ever end with when you know you won't win me over. Thank you joesph, MR. Misinformationist. Your lies are falling on deaf ears here sir.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

haha, you got me Frank.
    I also wanted to say that if I don't see you have the same deja vu conversation all over the years, I think I'm missing something

Blog Entries
    haha, you got me Frank.
    I also wanted to say that if I don't see you have the same deja vu conversation all over the years, I think I'm missing something
    Ha Ha yes i did. you're not fast enough for me.

you act as if I start it. When I bring up Fut San Hung Sing EJ ALWAYS has to try and pollute the thread with his comments about a NON Fut San Hung Sing master. I enjoy arguing with EJ now. I've come to look forward to the lies the man/woman tries to spread....i do find them entertaining. you....on the other hand! LOLOLOL
    Last edited by hskwarrior; 03-18-2011 at 06:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CLFNole View Post
    Like I said back then they exchanged ideas and weren't as divided as today and maybe someone from the Chan side said "you know the L hoi jong Jeurng Yim came up with is pretty cool we should incorporate it as well".

I mean come on it is an opening bow to hand forms it isn't the rosetta stone or the holy grail.

Nobody has said Jeurng Yim didn't influence CLF, every sifu that has come along has had an influence on it.
    I just had to say great response.

Somestimes when we're putting so much meaning behind the little things it may seem like grasping for straws a bit?

The fact that we're so sensitive over any little disagreement may show a shakey foundation to begin with.

Despite how hard you try to find evidence...it's simple been way too long ago for any of it to hold actual water except for those who are part of the lineage.

By this point I am not saying who's right and who's wrong but unless we can hope into a time machine there is not way we would really know. Everything is theoretical. Both sides of the argument.

I know I am not part of the debate

but if I may say one more thing...

I think the main key issues that are being debated is the following:

1) Jeung Yim being called Chan Heung's student - because everyone is trying their best to down play it.

2) Chan Family Forms (especially Advanced Forms) - are contributed by Jeung Yim when Chan Heung was out to dim sum with the rest of the old guys. So Jeung Yim is NOT only the founder/contributer of his own Hung Sing and Buk Sing lineage but ALSO the Chan Family Lineage.

I mean when you put it that way Chan Heung did NOTHING. He didn't even contribute to his OWN lineage. He had to count on his student (in your case his temporary former student which didn't really learn much and in fact should be refered to as "si dai" from this point on) to come in the teach him how it's done.

Chan Heung said "Hey Jeurng Si Dai go and teach the rest of them. I need to take an opium break."

OR better yet....hee hee hee...

Chan Heung "Jeurng Si Dai I never seen those techniques before from Green Grass Monk. I know a punch is a punch and a kick is a kick but D@MN! Now that you showed me this technique we shall share credit for CLF system even though his total invalidates ALL my students that I taught and made Sifu before you retured from GGM"

Jeurng Ah Yim: "No no you are too kind Sifu...I mean Si Hing. Ha ha ha. Okay let's do it."

When Jeurng Ah Yim turns around to reach for a cup of tea to celebrate his new found success in owning Chan Family Lineage, Chan Heung sneakily Yum Chap from behind.

Injured he was able to take on both Chan Heurng and his cronies.

Luckily he was able to escape to Fut San.

Jeung Ah Yim proclaimed "Chan Heurng I will have my revenge when generation from now CLF is passed on people will know....they will all know...that I am responsible for it all."

I don't know what is wrong with me. I must be trying to avoid work or something.
    Last edited by iron_silk; 03-18-2011 at 10:54 AM.

Blog Entries
    but if I may say one more thing...

I think the main key issues that are being debated is the following:

1) Jeung Yim being called Chan Heung's student - because everyone is trying their best to down play it.
    We don't deny this. never have. The only point i'm making is that Jeung Yim was only present for the first five years of Choy Lee Fut's existence. So there was no way he could have completed it. While he was under monk Ching Cho CLF continued to evolve without Jeung Yim being there. Once jeung yim left chan heung in 1841, the next time he saw Chan Heung was in the 1860's. Why do you think Chan Heung wrote that JY returned to Fut San to re-open his own school? Lol

Did Jeung Yim complete CLF? NO. Did he complete Ching Cho's method? YES. After the five years he trained with Chan Heung did he ever come back to continue his training? NO. Since 1849 he was busy training freedom fighters and running from the government.

If Jeung Yim never completed CLF then what was he teaching in Fut San in 1849? It was Ching Cho's gung fu mixed with Lee Gar and the Choy Lee Fut he learned from 12-17 years old. (1836-1841)

In the case of Jeung Hung Sing, Chan Heung was one of his teachers. Not his only teacher.

2) Chan Family Forms (especially Advanced Forms) - are contributed by Jeung Yim when Chan Heung was out to dim sum with the rest of the old guys. So Jeung Yim is NOT only the founder/contributer of his own Hung Sing and Buk Sing lineage but ALSO the Chan Family Lineage.
    HA HA! Jeung Yim created his own type of CLF. What we call Hung Sing Kuen. Yes. Is he the founder of Buk Sing? NO, i don't know where you got that from. "BUK SING" wasn't Tam Sam's idea. ask somebody. and, Fut San Hung Sing believes Jeung Yim is a co-founder.

I mean when you put it that way Chan Heung did NOTHING. He didn't even contribute to his OWN lineage. He had to count on his student (in your case his temporary former student which didn't really learn much and in fact should be refered to as "si dai" from this point on) to come in the teach him how it's done.
    no, you said that.

Chan Heung said "Hey Jeurng Si Dai go and teach the rest of them. I need to take an opium break."

OR better yet....hee hee hee...

Chan Heung "Jeurng Si Dai I never seen those techniques before from Green Grass Monk. I know a punch is a punch and a kick is a kick but D@MN! Now that you showed me this technique we shall share credit for CLF system even though his total invalidates ALL my students that I taught and made Sifu before you retured from GGM"
    I think you need to come share whatever it is you're smoking and stop being greedy. --~~~~~~

yeah...after reading the rest of what you wrote....PLEASE SHARE WHAT YOU'RE SMOKING! PRETTY PLEASE.
    Last edited by hskwarrior; 03-18-2011 at 11:48 AM.

Blog Entries
    When Jeurng Ah Yim turns around to reach for a cup of tea to celebrate his new found success in owning Chan Family Lineage, Chan Heung sneakily Yum Chap from behind.
    Well, Chan Heung DID try the same sneaky **** on Lee Yau San and paid the price. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    We don't deny this. never have. The only point i'm making is that Jeung Yim was only present for the first five years of Choy Lee Fut's existence.

If Jeung Yim never completed CLF then what was he teaching in Fut San in 1849? It was Ching Cho's gung fu mixed with Lee Gar and the Choy Lee Fut he learned from 12-17 years old. (1836-1841)

In the case of Jeung Hung Sing, Chan Heung was one of his teachers. Not his only teacher.

HA HA! Jeung Yim created his own type of CLF. What we call Hung Sing Kuen. Yes. Is he the founder of Buk Sing? NO, i don't know where you got that from. "BUK SING" wasn't Tam Sam's idea. ask somebody. and, Fut San Hung Sing believes Jeung Yim is a co-founder.

I think you need to come share whatever it is you're smoking and stop being greedy. --~~~~~~

yeah...after reading the rest of what you wrote....PLEASE SHARE WHAT YOU'RE SMOKING! PRETTY PLEASE.

So based on what you wrote above you agreed that Jeurng Yim is Chan Heung's student and was taught CLF and he never went back to complete his training with Chan Heung since he was sent to Fut Shan by GGM, right?

So we all agree that Chan Heurng created CLF and taught it to Jeurng Yim. Jeurng Yim through his own experience contributed to his lineage of CLF.

Actually doesn't that sound like what we all agree on??? PROBLEM SOLVED!!!
    __________________________________________________ _________

I'm not smoking anything I'm just high on "ME" ... 100% pure unadultered ME!

You can try to have a taste but I don't think you can handle it. Besides I don't swing that way. Sorry to disappoint you.

Believe it or not I had no plan on what to write. I just kind of started and couldn't stop myself.

To be honest I hate being the guy that laugh at his own jokes but...I kind of like it. Maybe it's just Friday talking.

Blog Entries
    you know iron silk, you're taking too much time writing something to me. all i really wanna know from you is:

WHAT ARE YOU SMOKING AND WHERE CAN I GET SOME?

you know iron silk, you're taking too much time writing something to me. all i really wanna know from you is:

WHAT ARE YOU SMOKING AND WHERE CAN I GET SOME?

How the heck do you reply so freak'n fast????

By the way you get some RIGHT HERE! *grab*

Blog Entries
    how the heck do you reply so freak'n fast????

By the way you get some right here! *grab*
    hung sing choy lee fut brother....thats how :d

Blog Entries
    Yes, jeung yim was a student of chan heung but never completed "clf".

But, since he knew the basics of chan heung's clf he was part of the clf family, regardless of not knowing any forms of his system.

But, clf was separately developed by the two. in king mui you have chan heung's choy lee fut which was based off of what he learned from his teachers (chan yuen wu, lee yau san, and choy fook).

in fut san, you have jeung yim's school which primarily taught the fut gar system, some of the lee gar system, and the basics of choy lee fut. Jeung hung sings teachers were "lee yau san", chan heung, and monk ching cho. So "HUNG SING CHOY LEE FUT" has a different origin than CHOY LEE FUT.

Knowing that Jeung Hung Sing knew the basics upon which CLF was built because he privately trained with chan heung earned him a spot in the CLF family tree. but it is common knowledge that because Chan Heung and Jeung Hung Sing separately developed the CLF there were two types of CLF after the return of Jeung Hung Sing in the 1860's.

Yes, jeung yim was a student of chan heung but never completed "clf".

But, since he knew the basics of chan heung's clf he was part of the clf family, regardless of not knowing any forms of his system.

But, clf was separately developed by the two. in king mui you have chan heung's choy lee fut which was based off of what he learned from his teachers (chan yuen wu, lee yau san, and choy fook).

in fut san, you have jeung yim's school which primarily taught the fut gar system, some of the lee gar system, and the basics of choy lee fut. Jeung hung sings teachers were "lee yau san", chan heung, and monk ching cho. So "HUNG SING CHOY LEE FUT" has a different origin than CHOY LEE FUT.

Knowing that Jeung Hung Sing knew the basics upon which CLF was built because he privately trained with chan heung earned him a spot in the CLF family tree. but it is common knowledge that because Chan Heung and Jeung Hung Sing separately developed the CLF there were two types of CLF after the return of Jeung Hung Sing in the 1860's.
    That seems fair.

Kind of like Tam Sam went off to develop his own thing even though he never completed his training either.

Blog Entries
    Kind of like Tam Sam went off to develop his own thing even though he never completed his training either.
    exactly. But in regards to that, people need to know that the name "BUK SING" was not Tam Sam's doing. It was his students who suggested it. According to Lun Chee, Tam's school was caled "HUNG SING TAM KWOON".

See, i've noticed the current trend of CLF people starting to call their styles "HUNG SING CHOY LEE FUT" like that of Jeung Hung Sing's lineage. But our style not our school is referred to as HUNG SING CHOY LEE FUT" and Chan Heung's gung fu was called "CHOY LEE FUT" not Hung Sing Choy Lee Fut.
    Last edited by hskwarrior; 03-18-2011 at 03:06 PM.

exactly. But in regards to that, people need to know that the name "BUK SING" was not Tam Sam's doing. It was his students who suggested it. According to Lun Chee, Tam's school was caled "HUNG SING TAM KWOON".

See, i've noticed the current trend of CLF people starting to call their styles "HUNG SING CHOY LEE FUT" like that of Jeung Hung Sing's lineage. But our style not our school is referred to as HUNG SING CHOY LEE FUT" and Chan Heung's gung fu was called "CHOY LEE FUT" not Hung Sing Choy Lee Fut.
    You can't control what people call their school especially given that it is phonetic spelling from Chinese Characters.

The true meaning of system is in what you have to teach and not in some title that is given. Real kung fu is kung fu. No name can make something that it isn't.