Quote Originally Posted by ngokfei View Post

Wow Dave, How'd you get that word to appear without the censors
    Gene figured you were such and asshole that he'd let the fuck you slide

so you really have no one to blame but your self
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

OMG - The "David Ross" is lecturing me, LOL the earth is truly **** ed!!!

OMG - The "David Ross" is lecturing me, LOL the earth is truly **** ed!!!
    we all know things are slow in the backwater you decided to live in, but really

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

yes this city boy got wise and thought about his family over his ego. You still working on that it seems. You must be hitting the middle aged crisis now - trying to reinvent your self and all. Yum Cha's on you - please don't lace me!!!

yes this city boy got wise and thought about his family over his ego. You still working on that it seems. You must be hitting the middle aged crisis now - trying to reinvent your self and all. Yum Cha's on you - please don't lace me!!!
    Sorry if my success bothers you so much, yeah I stuck it out in the city and did well... now grow up...

yeah success teaching Cardio Kickboxing from King of San Da - Traditionalist LOL

Make me blah, blah blah.

this is too much fun, I really must be bored. I guess we both have nothing better to do at 9pm on a tuesday.

Wow, just wow

Well first off, for my two cents on the charge of "racist" made by ngokfei: I'll give you some credit (a little) for at least backpedaling on your statement and apologizing. But since you broached the subject, I still feel compelled to tell you that I have never experienced anything but LOVE from all the people, Asian, non-Asian, Hispanic, Caucasion, whatever,at KFM and their events. Especially Gene, Gigi and all the staff. I would kill a rock for them,know what I mean? They are some beautiful people and although I haven't known them that long, they make me feel like family and I the same. Just a real cool vibe. So... me nuh kno wha yu a talk bout Mr. Ngokfei, but yu well outta order, yu see me? Now decipher that!
    But, for real, it was a crazy thing in my opinion too. It would definitely qualify as an "upset" in the sense that Gene already mentioned. Man, I KNOW I can't touch that young master, Yu Zhenlong. Man, I'm 50 yrs old! I just love Shaolin Gung Fu and all Chinese martial arts for years, decades. But, yeah, I still don't feel all that comfortable with the win, but I appreciate the good words of my "shaolin rasta" bredren (who coined the term), Gene Ching. Give thanks me bredda! You haffe jus 'low some people, seen? Good people a good people!

Shaolin Rasta - your so right in this matter. I guess its the curse of the internet, texting etc, we tend to type and hit send before we sit back and review the content of a document like in the past with things like letters.

So yeah I'd also like to apologize to you for hijacking this thread. the attention should be on you and the other competitors achievements and not my rantings.

But as for knowing David for so many years, he can still kiss my ass!!!

I'm over it

No prob, ngokfei. After all this is KFM forums, where much worse has been posted!
    So that's enough apologizing for me. Go and sin no more!
    And, honestly, I don't know how much more attention I want right now. I'm probably gonna cringe when I see the entire vid of my taolu. I've performed that better in practice than I did at that time, you know how that can be. I'm not gonna lie, I was nervous up there on that stage! My palms were so sweaty that the shaft of the cane slipped out of my hand when I tried to catch it at the very beginning. So I thought I screwed it up right there. I'm not too proud of it, I'm actually very humbled because I didn't think I was the better man up there. But I'm very grateful for the love and acceptance shown to me by all the Shaolin monks and wuseng. They all have been nothing but cordial and welcoming to me and reassuring that I deserved the win (even tho I thought I didn't). They, and Yu Zhenlong himself, showed me the meaning of "wude". So I made some friends from the heart of Shaolin. Encourages me to practice the same level of wude in my life. Amitofo!

"The hotter the battle, the sweeter JAH victory!"

Congratulations and RASPECT to the Shaolin Rasta for REPRESENTIN'!

For years I've seen you compete in San Jose - and it fills me with niceness to know the Humble Lion did prevail.

Until such time...

herb ox

So we're almost back on topic now, right?

Although the lkfmdc vs. ngokfei flame war was getting amusing. I always enjoy watching you two spar.

After getting my butt chewed out from numerous individuals - some I actually value their opinion - I'll admit my calling Gene a "Racist" was way out of line and so I apologize for making such a ignorant remark. There - Human I am Human I'll remain.
    Apology accepted.

As for the magazine your just an employee so I can't really hold you to blame for toting the company line.
    True. I try to make it a habit not to **** in my own nest. However, this is a family-run company and I stand outside the bloodline. And anyone who knows me knows that I'm the one chuckling at the Emperor's new clothes. If you only knew how often I am at odds with the company over some trivial issue - I'm surprised they let me keep my job.

Yu Zhenlong did ask to see the results, as would I have in his shoes. He just left the school he was working at and struck out on his own, so he was hungry and figured he had it in the bag. I must say, I did too. His qixing was beautiful - head and shoulders above everyone else who took the stage. But he accepted the judge's decision gracefully. It was a very surprising moment.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Blessed love Iya

Give thanks, bush docta! When you see I again, please come up and introduce yourself. I give Jah all the thanks and praise (cause it was definitely some kind of Ivine intervention!).

My bad

I should have introduced you two, SS Champ. herb ox is my shidi from Lam Kwoon and a former moderator here. I personally cut his locks when that time came. Now he's almost a baldhead, but tryin' ta look respectable, seen? Such is the nature of his trade now.

I'm glad you connected with mi bredren Greg Dread at KUNG FU TAI CHI DAY. He was the dread with the basketball injury.

We're more than sand on the seashore,
    We're more than numbers.

Shaolin Rasta Live UP!
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Its got to be the cane!

I went up to Shi Yanxu, whose score was the one who put me over, and expressed my surprise and slight discomfort with the whole thing. But he said it was the traditional nature of the Damo cane that made the difference for him and not to be too uncomfortable with the decision. I honestly thought maybe he didn't realize he hadn't flipped the score card over correctly!

I guess you could say it was gimmickry that won it for me!

Chan is full of paradoxes, I have learned, so what's more paradoxical than a dreadlocked rasta in shaolin robes winning a shaolin special division like that? Man, at my age, I'm just happy to be able to lift my foot above my waist and move half way decent, know what I mean? It just goes to show what practicing martial arts most of your life can do for you. But I am humbled really, really, and that's about all I can say. I'm gonna leave it right there.
    Last edited by Shaolin Rasta; 06-05-2013 at 10:16 AM.

One Love!

We're more than sand on the seashore,
    We're more than numbers.

Shaolin Rasta Live UP!
    The whole a we a bredren. More than numbers indeed. Thanks, Gene. I count you as a true, heartical bredren. Be reasonin with you soon. Bless!