Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wing Chun Advice & Guidance @ Flystudio

Wing Chun Advice & Guidance @ Flystudio

Advice on how to train our 1st Form, 4th Set, 1 Method.
    http://www.flystudio.co.uk/media/film/film.html

My first clip was filmed in Flystudio at the weekend so I thought I'd share it with you all! Probably just lining myself up for some heavy criticism, but hey I'm getting tougher Please no jokes on the silky uniform though!

Excuse the rambling too, as this is an Intro clip and was shot from the hip, but I think some will find it interesting as its kinda linked to the wooden man thread and it gives one example of why ours has 'un-even' arms.

Enjoy!
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

you look like someone that trains the people who trains people how to kill people.
    It is bias to think that the art of war is just for killing people. It is not to kill people, it is to kill evil. It is a strategem to give life to many people by killing the evil of one person.
    - Yagyū Munenori

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Designs View Post
    you look like someone that trains the people who trains people how to kill people.
    Shhhh!

But to be clear...

I don't do that!
    Last edited by LoneTiger108; 03-21-2011 at 08:05 AM.
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

We all have teachers that have taught us bs from time to time, but I assure you there is a tan for high, mid and low as I describe and it's within my 4th set of SLT but thanks for the honesty (as always!)
    Last edited by Sihing73; 03-28-2011 at 05:04 PM.
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Please no jokes on the silky uniform though!
    The hairdo is a far more fertile subject in that regard.

Nothing personal, but you have been shown a lot of bs....
    Nothing personal but we probably all have to some degree, even the mighty WSL and PB guys ...
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

I have my idea already. It's written down, in 40 points to maintain clarification.

Why not just comment on the wooden man drill? Or is it just bs to you because it's not familiar? I'm interested.

Students who I have trained with, or who have been taught by my Sifu, totally understand it and it's reasoning. In fact our whole SLT goes into the wood in a similar fashion.
    Last edited by Sihing73; 03-28-2011 at 05:05 PM.
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Quote Originally Posted by anerlich View Post
    The hairdo is a far more fertile subject in that regard.
    I agree!

This is what happens when your hairdresser has a baby!!
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Credit to Spencer for putting a video up (even if we disagree on plenty of things), so im looking forward to your video entitled "the idea......"

Im sure we'll all have fun then.
    Last edited by Sihing73; 03-28-2011 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    Credit to Spencer for putting a video up (even if we disagree on plenty of things)...
    Thanks GlennR. One of my reasons for starting my Flystudio project is for open exchange, so of course I would also luv to see Kevs 'idea' on film too

I will share more clips here too (no matter how much everyone disagrees!) as and when they're uploaded.
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

FLYfilm No. 2 - Rehearsals

http://www.youtube.com/user/FLYstudio108

Here's my latest little clip up on Youtube for all you guys with an 'open mind'. Of course I like a bit of constructive criticism, but if you're not willing to have an open exchange, ie. put up a clip of yourself that backs up your critique, then please just start another thread for your moans!!

"FLYfilm No. 2
    Entering the Wooden Man

Before deciding exactly what content I share online I go through a rehearsal phase. Most of these rehearsals are shot at night and this is one of my first test shoots that involved using additional lighting.

Toksau Chongkuen was one of the first entry techniques I learnt on the wooden man during my time training Jun Mo Wing Chun. I still visit my Sifu today, and he still teaches this unique subset he refers to as Muifajong - Plum Flower Wooden Man."

Happy training
    Last edited by LoneTiger108; 03-28-2011 at 05:21 AM.
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

You must be loving what you are doing.

from loving there is always good things.

That is Gu Lao WCK!

What are your 40 points that you mention, Spencer?

Quote Originally Posted by chusauli View Post
    That is Gu Lao WCK!

What are your 40 points that you mention, Spencer?
    Do you mean the wooden man clip? That's Jun Mo Wing Chun, Lee Shing Family!

The 40 Yau Dim, important points, is a set of 40 lines outlining training practises we use at The Yum Yeurng Academy. My Sifu also has other sets of literature that are similar which he uses as as his Induction curricullum. It's not Gu Lao WCK fme but it's a similar method to teaching.
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

My first test clip @ Flystudio

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xK8-36p4gow

This is one of the first test clips that my 9 year old son filmed for me in Flystudio! If you're interested, the 'logo' or salutation at the beginning and end of the set is the signature of The Yum Yeurng Academy, and very common in Shaolin arts. We use it as a therapy of the Wing Chun seed and to identify the left and right sides individually, building strong coordination from the beginning.

Excuse the yelp! at the end
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Wing Chun Snake & Crane Interaction

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uN1e_...el_video_title

FlyFilm No.3
    Wing Chun Snake & Crane Interaction

My third upload from Flystudio is a clip that was filmed when I was visited by my European cousins! Here I 'casually' exchange an idea expressing the simple nature of basic interactive training that explores the Snake and Crane of Wing Chun: The Snake being stationary, standing ground whilst the Crane moves lightly around testing the Snakes defense of the three faces of square, slant and side body alignments.

I had a great time exchanging with fellow Lee Shing Family practitioners, and this training idea was only one of many that we discussed and trained.
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術