Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kung Fu Stewardesses

Kung Fu Stewardesses

Fly HK Airlines!

A good reason why:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxP0xd3X-LY

good one, chusauli!

Because we all know that WC is the perfect style for stewardesses!
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

How come I never come across hot women wanting to train WC. I would even let them train in a stewardess uniform.
    Peace,

Dave

http://www.sifuchowwingchun.com
    Wherever my opponent stands--they are in my space

This has both the Chinese and English versions.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/sifupr
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Quote Originally Posted by Sihing73 View Post
    How come I never come across hot women wanting to train WC. I would even let them train in a stewardess uniform.
    Ever considered moving to a place where there actually live hot women. That would be a first step

No joke!

Holy Sil Lum Tao! This is for real!

Hong Kong cabin crews get kung fu training
    (AFP) – 1 day ago

HONG KONG — A Hong Kong airline is making all its cabin crew take kung fu lessons to help them to deal with drunk and unruly passengers.

Hong Kong Airlines said all staff had been invited to undergo training in wing chun -- a form of kung fu used in close-range combat -- but it was only compulsory for cabin crew, the Sunday Morning Post reported.

The airline had around three incidents involving disruptive passengers every week, said Eva Chan, the carrier's deputy general manager of corporate communication.

Two weeks ago a crew member had to put her martial arts training into practice on a flight from Beijing to Hong Kong.

"One of the passengers was sick but he was probably drunk and felt unwell. The crew member attended to him and she realised her fitness was helping her, especially because the guy was quite heavy," Chan told the newspaper.

"Normally, a female cabin crew can't handle a fat guy, especially if he's drunk, but because of the training, she can handle it quite easily."

New recruit Lumpy Tang, 22, said she never imagined kung fu would be part of the job.

"We were surprised in the beginning, but after a few lessons we really liked wing chun," Tang told the Post.

"You cannot predict what will happen on the plane, so wing chun is good because it's so fast," she said. "I feel safer because I can defend myself and I'm really happy to be one of the first cabin crew to learn wing chun in the world."

Wing chun instructor Katherine Cheung said the martial art was ideal for airline crews.

"Wing chun can be used in small, confined spaces so it's suited for an airplane," Cheung said. "It's easy to learn but difficult to master."
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I will show this to some of my students/airmarshalls....working
    Out with stewardess should help pass boring international flights
    Hah!

i like to ride the chuuu chuuu train

Lumpy Tang?? I guess you can get away with that in China, but I wouldn't try it over here.
    Well, since Wing Chun was developed for use on a junk, it should work out quite well in an airplane. Same problems.
    Jackie Lee

Wow - this went viral

Nearly 100 articles on the newsfeed this morning including USAToday, Fox & MSNBC.

Here's the stock photo on the Fox article, just because I like it.

I've been trying to find a pic of Lumpy Tang. I found an album here, but I'm not sure that's *the* Lumpy Tang. I mean seriously, how many Lumpy Tangs are there in the world? I've friended her on facebook and will try to ask for confirmation.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

This made Reuters

Hong Kong Airlines Is Training Its Flight Attendants in Kung Fu
    By Jetpacker at The Jetpacker
    Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:30am EDT

Unruly airline passengers beware! Hong Kong Airlines is requiring its flight attendants to learn kung fu, something the airline hopes will help its crew deal with drunk and unruly passengers.

The airline’s entire staff has been invited to train in wing chun, a form of kung fu used in close-range combat, but it’s actually REQUIRED for the cabin crew.

The airline deals with about three disruptive passengers a week, according to Hong Kong Airlines spokeswoman Eva Chan.

Wing chun instructor Katherine Cheung says the martial art is ideal for airline crews because it can be used in small, confined spaces like an airplane.

And the benefit of the martial arts training is already on display: Two weeks ago, a flight attendant used her training to resolve an incident on a Beijing-Hong Kong flight. Unfortunately, the incident didn’t end in a passenger getting karate-chopped or receiving a roundhouse kick to the face.

Basically, the unruly passenger was a bigger guy, he got a little drunk during the flight, and the female flight attendant said she was better able to handle the situation due to her increased strength from the kung fu training. Whatever.
    Your Kung Fu is Strong, But My Flight Attendant’s Dragon Style Will Defeat You!
    By Gary at The View from the Wing
    Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:25pm EDT

Hong Kong Airlines says they deal with 3 drunk or unruly passengers a week, and have decided to require that all of their flight attendants learn kung fu in order to handle problems with a vengeance.

Here’s how it will work in practice:

A flight attendant could use the chi sau (“sticky hands”) technique to prevent a passenger from hitting him. “The idea,” Phillips explains, “is to block and control a person’s arms by linking your arms with theirs.”

Next, split the assailant’s arms. Here, the flight attendant raises his left arm, and makes contact with his opponent’s chest, while holding back the arm with his right hand.

The flight attendant now traps the assailant’s arms, leaving his right arm free to land a restraining punch. Though, as Phillips points out, “It wouldn’t be a very good idea for a cabin crew member to hit a passenger.”
    Still haven't heard from Lumpy...
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chiang Po View Post
    Lumpy Tang?? I guess you can get away with that in China, but I wouldn't try it over here.
    Well, since Wing Chun was developed for use on a junk, it should work out quite well in an airplane. Same problems.
    I found a Lumpy Tang on facebook. Not sure if that's the one but she has a friend named Callous Cheung.
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Hong Kong Airlines Flight Attendants learn Kung Fu

Hong Kong Airlines Flight Attendants learn Kung Fu

(USA Today) -- Hong Kong Airlines is asking its flight crews to learn a form of kung fu, something the carrier hopes will help its staff deal with drunk and unruly passengers, AFP reports.

AFP writes "Hong Kong Airlines said all staff had been invited to undergo training in wing chun -- a form of kung fu used in close-range combat -- but it was only compulsory for cabin crew, the Sunday Morning Post (of Hong Kong) reported."

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    Is that the famous posture "Lo Hon Distributes the In-flight Food Service"?

dam. compulsory wing chun.

death is a preferable alternative to wing chun.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC