Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kung Fu Stewardesses

Oh, and that woman is mad hot. A wee bit cross-eyed, but still mad hot.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    Oh, and that woman is mad hot. A wee bit cross-eyed, but still mad hot.
    Its the angle of the photo!

My daughter (3 years old) is half Filipina, 1/8 Chinese! My wife complained to our Pediatrician every time we went to see him for the first two years about her crossed eyes!

He told her "THEY ARE NOT CROSSED" over and over again! They just appear to be crossed from certain angles due to the epicanthic fold/shape of Asian eyes.

Fly China Eastern Airlines

I changed the thread title and am moving this from the Wing Chun forum as now it has spread its wings and flown to qinna.
    Air crews learn how to pack a punch
    Updated: 2012-01-06 09:18
    By Wang Ying (China Daily)
    Air crews learn how to pack a punch

An air security instructor teaches stewardesses of China Eastern Airlines qin na, a Chinese martial art, in Shanghai in December. Provided to China Daily

SHANGHAI - Flight attendants at China Eastern Airlines are being trained in qin na, a Chinese martial art, to assist aircraft police and security guards when emergencies occur.

The first group of 20 China Eastern stewardesses took their first training class on Dec 16, and the company intends to expand the training program to all its 2,600-plus flight attendants in Shanghai, said Zhang Yuhong, a senior official with China Eastern's fifth passenger cabin services department.

"The decision has been made because of the recent satisfactory training outcome," Zhang said. Many of the trainees said the program was easy to learn and practically oriented to improve their on-the-job skills.

Zhang said China Eastern flight attendants are divided into five departments, and the fifth has about 450 crew members.

"Our department's training will finish by the end of February, and in the following months, the other four departments will undergo similar training," Zhang said.

All domestic airliners have security guards as well as air police to ensure safety. They wear plain clothes, but identify themselves when an emergency occurs.

"Stewardess's work responsibilities include aiding the security guards and police when the crew and passengers are in danger," a flight attendant from the Shanghai-based carrier was quoted as saying by Oriental Morning Post in Shanghai.

Flight attendants are usually hijackers' first - and to their minds easiest - target, and by learning basic self-defense and wrestling skills, they not only can protect themselves, but also win time for the air police to subdue the outlaws, Zhang said.

China Eastern is not the first Chinese airline to begin such a training program. In April, Hong Kong Airlines required new cabin crew members to master wing chun, a form of kungfu practiced by the legendary Bruce Lee, South China Morning Post reported.

As of yet, other Chinese carriers have not shown interest in requiring cabin crew to be trained in martial arts, though all Chinese airlines provide security training for their cabin crews.

Dragonair, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hong Kong-headquartered Cathay Pacific, said in a written reply that all Dragonair cabin crew go through security training during their initial training, and later also regularly receive refresher security training to equip them with the skills to handle circumstances that could threaten flight security. Dragonair had no comment on China Eastern's martial arts training program.

Zhang Wu'an, spokesman for Spring Airlines, China's only budget carrier, said they have no plan to launch a similar program because they consider their current training enough for their daily operation.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

To serve and subdue...
    "The true meaning of a given movement in a form is not its application, but rather the unlimited potential of the mind to provide muscular and skeletal support for that movement." Gregory Fong

can I get my bag of peanuts please????
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Dugas View Post
    can I get my bag of peanuts please????
    oh, she'll hand u ur "bag of peanuts" allright, if u know what I mean...

must post this here

Beifuss reviews all the films in the Roger Corman 'Lethal Ladies' Collections. Heck, if I was assigned to review these, I would too. I just kept the portion about Fly Me. Follow the link if you want to read about the rest.

Pam Grier, TNT Jackson & Kung Fu Stewardesses: The Roger Corman 'Lethal Ladies' Collections
    By John Beifuss on January 30, 2012 12:38 PM

Markov discovers a good way to get an inferiority complex is to stand this close to Pam Grier in 'The Arena'

The fourth week of January was big for fans of kick-ass women who literally kick ass. (Note: Dear readers, please take me to task if I ever again compose a sentence that sounds so much like it was written for Ain't It Cool News.)

On Jan. 20, "Haywire," with real-life mixed martial arts champion Gina Carano, and "Underworld: Evolution," with unreal-life vampire warrior Kate Beckinsale, opened in theaters.

Four days later, the Shout! Factory label released "Lethal Ladies Collection 2," a two-disc triple-feature of 1970s exploitation gold (or perhaps fool's gold) that is the latest in the company's ongoing and invaluable "Roger Corman's Cult Classics" initiative.

Characterized by copious nudity and cartoonish violence, the triple feature includes "The Arena" (1974), aka "Naked Warriors," with Pam Grier as a "Nubian" gladiator in ancient Rome; "Cover Girl Models" (1975); and "Fly Me" (1973), which has been blessed with perhaps the most direct and enticing plot summary in Internet Movie Database history: "Stewardesses battle kung fu killers."

This second volume of lethal ladies was preceded in October by -- what else? -- the Shout! Factory's first "Lethal Ladies Collection," a superior "Roger Corman's Cult Classics" triple feature that more legitimately deserves the cult "classics" designation than its sequel.

The second disc of the "Lethal Ladies Collection 2" set features a pair of fun and complementary if inconsequential movies about trios of sexy friends-colleagues. "Fly Me" is a tale of "****pit cuties... flying out of the skies and onto your laps," according to the trailer included on the disc; while "Cover Girl Models" finds the title beauties mixing it up with internatonal spies. Both films were directed by Santiago.

Perhaps inspired by Ursula Andress' entrance in "Dr. No," "Fly Me" opens with a shot of a beautiful woman in a white bikini emerging from the surf to retrieve her beach towel, her New Yorker magazine and her copy of "The Sensuous Man." The woman is Toby (Pat Anderson -- remember her from "TNT Jackson"?), late for her first day on the job as a stewardess; catching a cab to the airport, she strips in the back seat to change into her uniform, which naturally causes driver **** Miller to run off the road.

A sexy klutz, Toby is joined by fellow "****pit cuties" Andrea (Lenore Kasdorf), the only "lethal lady" in the film (Andrea knows kung fu), and Sherry (Lyllah Torena), who may not be a nymphomaniac but is certainly unchoosy. An unwelcome and annoying companion for both the stewardesses and the audience is Toby's comic-relief mother (Naomi Stevens), presented as a stereotypically Jewish-accented busybody dedicated to preserving her daughter's virginity. A Hong Kong white-slavery subplot adds suspense to the sex/comedy, and gives Andrea a chance to display her martial-art flair, in weak action scenes reportedly directed by Jonathan Demme.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Foxy Brown does have the most bodacious tatas doesn't she?

mmmm Pam Grier.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

with narrow walkway

and very delicate environment on a plane

using stun guns may be better

asking a pretty girl serving my food and drinks

good

also asking them to defend me

uuh

leave that to air marshall or professional

that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post

Hong Kong Airlines Flight Attendants learn Kung Fu

(USA Today) -- Hong Kong Airlines is asking its flight crews to learn a form of kung fu, something the carrier hopes will help its staff deal with drunk and unruly passengers, AFP reports.

AFP writes "Hong Kong Airlines said all staff had been invited to undergo training in wing chun -- a form of kung fu used in close-range combat -- but it was only compulsory for cabin crew, the Sunday Morning Post (of Hong Kong) reported."
    These girls would be better off eating a sandwich or two first.

I really want to fly HK Air now

"Excuse me, miss? No, I don't want any coffee or peanuts, but maybe we could practice some chi sao?"
    Airline trains cabin crew martial arts to cope with difficult passengers
    By Roshina Jowaheer, Apr 14, 2012

You may want to be extra polite to the flight attendants when travelling with Hong Kong Airlines in future as the airline has revealed that its cabin crew are now fully trained in Wing Chun.

It is the only martial art created by a woman and all cabin crew are required to take on a basic three-hour course.

Wing Chun is designed to promote inner balance and core strength, and will help the flight attendants cope with unruly passengers in a unique way.

The martial art is taught for self-defence and the moves are designed to be accomplished in a confined space, like onboard an aircraft. The cabin crew train in their uniforms to prepare them for real-life situations.

Hong Kong Airlines, which flies between London and Hong Kong, said the training would enable its flight attendants to 'deal with any potential challenges'.

President of the airline Yang Jian Hong said: 'Aside from the obvious physical, mental and safety benefits, this demonstrates our commitment to delivering exception passenger service.

'The initiative has proved so popular with our flight attendants that we are now offering the training to our internal staff.'
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Bah, kung fu stewardesses, here is a much better idea:
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Air Mehico !

Last edited by sanjuro_ronin; 04-24-2012 at 11:10 AM.

Food or snack will determine my choice of flights.

No need for an army of "armed" stewardess to maintain order

you may always mobilize the army of passengers to overcome the villains.

---