Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jon 'Bones' Jones

Jon 'Bones' Jones

well im glad shogun is gon... i never saw him as the best so it annoyed me that he had the title... he shouldve been fighting in the ufc 6 or 7 years ago when he was an absolute killer...

i dont think rashad has a chance at beating jones...

jones, greg jackson and mike winkeljohn took down a mugger a few hours before the fight... i can imagine the horror in greg jacksons mind when jones engaged the robber... jackson took over real quick to protect his fighter... legally and physically... his day was too important to lose over legal bullsh1t, or heaven forbid he should roll his ankle or break his hand or something...

the other fights were all good... both miller fights were good... lil bro is the real champ in the fam tho...

nice too see faber doing well in his new class... he should have been in 135 all along... i suspect he was only light and feather because of lack of options when he started and then he just went with it... anyways, nice too see him at a more competitive weight...

Mirco really needs to retire, seriously.
    Good on Jones, seems like a nice kid.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Bones Jones!

Before beating Shogun, he had a Successful Street Application. Gotta love this!

UFC Star Takes Down Robber Before Fight
    3/19/2011 2:44 PM PDT by TMZ Staff

Jon "Bones" Jones -- who has a huge UFC fight tonight in New Jersey with Shogun Rua -- just subdued a robber with an awesome fighting move -- TMZ has learned.

Jones was doing what has become his ritual before a fight ... he was meditating at a park in Patterson, NJ when he heard a woman scream, "I've been robbed!"

Jones began chasing the man for a good distance. When the fighter caught up with the alleged robber, he knocked the guy's legs out from under him, then placed him in a figure-four leg lock until Paterson cops arrived.

Jones' fight tonight -- UFC 128 -- is in Newark.

Jones tells TMZ, "It was a great pre-fight warm-up for me!"

UPDATE: Jones tweeted about the incident, and even posted a photo (see below) his driver took of the aftermath. He wrote, "I caught him....Coach Jackson finished him ... It feels so good to help others. It gives me power and energy."
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

did you even read the thread before you put that up?

Sort of...

I actually posted it on that other thread initially, but then moved it when I saw your thread here, Syn7. I only changed my 'minimum text sentence' to link it back to that other thread. I suppose I should have been more responsive to your initial post.

Bones Jones is on Leno tonight.

Thursday, March 24, 2011
    First Guest
    Kirstie Alley

Second Guest
    Jon "Bones" Jones

Music Act
    Peter, Bjorn and John

Episode 4011
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Jones is seriously missing the boat on his nickname.

He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

if it was your choice what would you pick???

i dunno if i could choose my own... ive never chosen a name for myself, its always given... even my login name was given to me by friends... ive spent alot of time in the music industry and i always got a kick out of all the names people choose for themselves,,, especially the toughguy gansgter rapper types... good stuff...

just use the wu tang name generator lol. id link but the domain is blocked at work.

thats how i got my title thing under my name here lol
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    just use the wu tang name generator lol. id link but the domain is blocked at work.

thats how i got my title thing under my name here lol
    http://www.mess.be/inickgenwuname.php

haha thanks bro. freaking blocked domains
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

now rashad evens is crying about jones taking the fight... i think he may have even left jacksons camp over it... thats a mistake... i never liked rashad evans, his such a c0cky pr1ck... jones is a nice guy... i see him beating rashad anyways... i could never be friends with a person like evans... suck a d1ck...

wow... rashad evans is such a egomaniac d!ckface... this guy is supposed to be his friend and now that jones has the title, evans is being like a big baby who lost his bottle... ive never liked rashad... pretty much every time i read about him or see him on tv he gives me another reason to think he's a d1ck... he's so much worse now compared to when he started tho... i remember his woman too, soooo annoying... every evans fight, all you hear is this constant high pitched wail from what seems to be a crazed fan but its his woman... it was so bad that rashad had to ask her to be quiet after they got a bunch of hate mail and death threats... lol, yeah death threats... she was that annoying hahaha...

Don't know if you watched the TUF season with him, but i didn't like how he acted in the ring. Too much showboating. First impressions are hard to erase.

Jon Jones, b1tchmade?

Pus$y or shrewd for ducking sonnen at 151? I dunno. He shoulda done it anyways, he could've demanded a rematch clause. I guess the new Nike sponsor has gone to his head. I'm rooting for Belfort now. Can't see it happening tho. I wanna see Jones Sonnen. That's the fight to see. Unless hendo can heal fast and get back in it, sonnen is a great test for jones. I lost all respect for that kid. Yeah he has talent, but his heart is weaksauce.

Sonnen is a big mouth idiot who will get creamed by jones, if he couldn’t take Silva down in the second round, or do any damage in the first when he did get him down what on earth can he do to jones (who is probably a better wrestler than sonnen anyway)

If by some miracle he does get him down I can see Jones doing more damage from guard bottom with elbows than sonnen can from top lol

Why didn’t he take the fight, don’t think it was his call Jackson to be honest is known for planning fights specifically around his fighters opponents game plan and didn’t like the last minute switch so pulled the plug

These are pro fighters respect has nothing to do with it money and earning power does (and seriously like he cares what some fans think)

Sonnen had everything to gain and Jones everything to lose. Sonnen probably knew the fight never was going to be taken so he gets some free publicity, if by some act of god it happened and he won jones would be the guy who couldn’t even beat an out of shape unprepared fighter making his first appearance at that weight and go the way of Machida et al and see his earning drop through the floow and his chances of being seen as the best pound for pound go. IF Jones won so what he just beat an unprepared fighter who has never fought at that weight before big deal, so why take the match?