Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jon 'Bones' Jones

He got stripped of his title.
    http://slam.canoe.com/Slam/Fighting/.../22370626.html

In an unprecedented move, the Ultimate Fighting Championship on Tuesday night stripped light heavyweight champion Jon Jones of his title.

The 27-year-old Jones is one of UFC’s most popular fighters. He also is the first champion in the organization’s history to be stripped of a title due to disciplinary reasons.

UFC officials also said Jones has been suspended will not take part in UFC 187. He had been scheduled to defend his title against Anthony Johnson on May 23 in Las Vegas.

Jones was released from jail Monday night and made his first court appearance earlier in the day as he faces felony charges after being accused in a hit-and-run incident in Albuquerque, N.M.

Jones posted $2,500 bail and left the Bernalillo County Metro Detention Center on Monday night, according to the facility’s website. He is charged with driving a vehicle that hit by a 25-year-old pregnant woman.

He allegedly fled the scene and then returned to the scene only briefly to collect personal items.

He was arrested on a felony charge of leaving the scene of an accident involving death or personal injury.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

might be the end

What a disappointing conclusion to an extraordinary fight career this might be.
    Jon Jones may never fight again, says manager
    ABS-CBNnews.com
    Posted at 05/06/2015 5:12 PM

Embattled former UFC light-heavyweight champion Jon "Bones" Jones may never return to the Octagon, according to his manager, Malki Kawa.

Jones was recently stripped of his championship and suspended indefinitely by the UFC following his felony arrest that stemmed from a hit-and-run incident in Albuquerque, Mexico.

His suspension came less than a month before he was supposed to defend his title against Anthony Johnson at UFC 187. He last fought on January 3, when he out-pointed Daniel Cormier to retain his belt at UFC 182.

"It could very well be the last time we've seen Jon Jones in the Octagon," Kawa said, as quoted by MMA Fighting from a recent interview.

"I think Jon Jones is gonna focus on Jon Jones. I think he's gonna take the time to do whatever he's gotta do," he added. "And if it's the last time we've seen him fight, it's the last time we've seen him fight."

"And I'm okay with that," he added.

Kawa told MMA Fighting that he is "50-50" on whether Jones will come back, but stressed that the decision will always be up to the fighter.

"Whatever he decides is the reason why he won't come back to the sport, but it will be solely on him. I'm not gonna blame anything or anyone for anything Jon Jones does," Kawa said.

"And no one, at the same token, can take credit for anything Jon Jones does," he also said.

Kawa also believes that even if Jones never fights in the UFC again, he will still go down as "the greatest of all time."

"No other fighter has done what he's been able to do," he said. "And I don't think anyone has been able to impact the sport the way that he has."

"The reality is, you can try to bring him down any way you want, you can see the things he's done, things he didn't do – whatever. But I really do believe at the end of the day, he's the greatest of all time inside the Octagon," he added.

"No one can take that away from him."

Jones has a 21-1 record in his MMA career. He won the UFC light heavyweight belt in March 2011 by beating Mauricio "Shogun" Rua, and defended it eight times.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Bones is back!

Just in time for Halloween?

Former champion Jon Jones officially reinstated to the UFC
    Former light heavyweight champion Jon Jones has been reinstated to the UFC, putting an end to his six-month suspension after he was arrested in April for his part in a hit-and-run accident in New Mexico.

The greatest light heavyweight champion of all time is headed back to the UFC.
    Josh Hedges/Zuffa LLC
    By Damon Martin
    Oct 23, 2015 at 12:00p ET

Former light heavyweight champion Jon Jones has been reinstated to the UFC, putting an end to his six-month suspension after he was arrested in April for his part in a hit-and-run accident in New Mexico.

UFC officials made the announcement Friday with a date still pending on Jones' first fight back in the Octagon.

“We've made it clear to Jon that this new opportunity to compete in UFC is a privilege and not a right, and that there are significant expectations we have regarding his conduct moving forward," UFC Chairman and CEO Lorenzo Fertitta said. “We’re happy to read and see reports that he has embraced the terms of his plea agreement and is using this experience to grow and develop as a person.”

Jones was placed on an indefinite suspension after being arrested in connection with the accident. He was then stripped of his light heavyweight title as part of the punishment handed down by the UFC.

Daniel Cormier would eventually win and defend the title in Jones' absence as the former champion dealt with legal issues surrounding his case.

Jones appeared before a judge in New Mexico on Sept. 29 and pleaded guilty to one charge before being sentenced to 18 months probation as well as community service.

The law firm of Campbell and Williams was then retained to investigate the plea agreement before Jones was officially cleared on Friday.

“I am thankful to be able to do what I love once again and I look forward to proving myself as a champion in and outside of the Octagon,” Jones said in a statement.

Following his reinstatement by the UFC, Jones took to Facebook.

"I am grateful for the opportunity to resume my career and I am excited to show how much I've grown as a person outside of the Octagon. It took me losing almost everything I had worked for to realize how much I had," Jones said.

"I am blessed and humbled by the continued support of the MMA community and I can't thank my fans enough for their unwavering support through my ups and downs. This marks the beginning of a new chapter in my life and my career and let me assure you, the best is yet to come."

Jones has been promised a title shot when he comes back to the promotion, so in all likelihood he will face Cormier with the belt on the line as soon as the UFC can make the fight official with a date and location for the championship bout.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

This guy....

...aw man...

There's vid if you follow the link...

JON JONES CALLS COP 'F**KING LIAR, PIG' ... Apologizes
    3/28/2016 12:55 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
    EXCLUSIVE
    THE HEATED EXCHANGE TMZSports.com

2:07 PM PT -- Jones just issued a statement saying, "I was not drag racing nor was I speeding. I did not get a speeding ticket. I was driving within the speed limit of the 35mph zone."
    "I feel that police used a technicality to ticket me for drag racing, for simply revving my engine and acknowledging some of my local fans. I regrettably said words to the police officer out of frustration, for which I apologize for, but I do feel this was excessive."

UFC superstar Jon Jones called a police officer a "f**king liar" and a "pig" during a heated exchange in New Mexico last week ... and TMZ Sports has the footage.
    It all went down when Jon was pulled over in his white Corvette on suspicion of drag racing around midnight Thursday night.
    The encounter was definitely heated from the beginning -- the officer making it clear he was NOT happy with Jones.
    But Jon -- who is on probation from a hit and run conviction -- doesn't take kindly to the officer's tone and starts to bark back ... at one point calling him a "f*cking liar" and a "pig."
    He added, "You're despicable."
    The officer replied, "I feel the same way about you sir."
    Jones went on "The MMA Hour" with Ariel Helwani and later apologized -- saying he was emotional and shouldn't have said what he said.
    The UFC issued a statement saying, "We are aware of the situation and are looking into the matter. We've also been in touch with Jon's team regarding the matter."
    We've transcribed part of the video below ... it's pretty crazy:

Jones: "Calling my lawyer, to ask him about this paper work. I'm sure I have the right to do that, buddy ... f**kin' liar. I can't believe you."
    Cop: "Well believe it, cuz I'm not joking."
    Jones: "For no reason. F**king with me for no reason. What's your name?"
    Cop: "Officer Brown. It's on your ticket, sir."
    Jones: "Can't f**king believe you. You're ridiculous."
    Cop: "Just doing my job."
    Jones: "No, you're not just doing your job. You're f**kin' picking this Corvette out for no reason. Blaming me for all this sh*t that you know isn't true."
    Jones: "You're ridiculous ... I used to really respect ... f**kers like you."
    Cop: "You'd rather I just turn my head and let you be a nuisance to the citizens?"
    Jones: "I am not a nuisance to the citizens."
    Cop: "I have sworn to protect the citizens from people like you, Mr. Jones. Please don't dig around in your car."
    Jones: "I was looking for a pen. Give me the f**king sh*t. Can't believe you. Ridiculous."
    Cop: "Well believe it. Cuz it's the truth, sir."
    Jones: "Ridiculous. You're a f**king liar. Good luck trying to prove that I was speeding because you know that I wasn't."
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Blog Entries
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

You know you've made it as a celebrity...

...when your mugshot appears on TMZ.

JON JONES ARRESTED FOR PROBATION VIOLATION (Mug Shot)
    3/29/2016 10:31 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
    EXCLUSIVE

11:29 AM PT -- EAG Sports, which represents Jon, just issued a statement saying, "Jon and his team are taking this very seriously and we will let the legal process play out."
    "We are confident he will be released once he has an opportunity to explain to the judge the facts in this case." update_grey_gray_barJon Jones was booked in New Mexico for violating his probation moments ago -- and posed for a brand new mug shot after turning himself in ... TMZ Sports has learned.
    We're told a judge had issued a warrant for the UFC star's arrest for violating the terms of his probation after he was cited for drag racing in Albuquerque last week.
    Jones was sentenced to probation last year after being convicted in a hit and run case in which the UFC star crashed into a pregnant woman's car and then ran from the scene on foot.
    One of the terms of Jones' probation was to not get into any trouble with the law -- and the judge felt the drag racing citation qualified as a violation.
    Jones turned himself in to the Albuquerque PD at 10 AM Tuesday morning. He's currently being held at the county jail.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

tested positive for an unspecified banned substance

Jon Jones off UFC 200 card after apparent doping violation
    Greg Beacham, Ap Sports Writer Updated 9:35 am, Thursday, July 7, 2016

Photo: John Locher, AP
    Jon Jones attends a UFC 200 mixed martial arts news conference, Wednesday, July 6, 2016, in Las Vegas. Jones is scheduled to fight Daniel Cormier in a light heavyweight championship fight at UFC 200 on ... more

LAS VEGAS (AP) — UFC interim light heavyweight champion Jon Jones was notified of a potential doping violation Wednesday night, ruling him out of his bout with Daniel Cormier in the main event of UFC 200.
    A grim-faced UFC President Dana White announced the dramatic change three days before the mixed martial arts promotion's landmark show.
    "He's got the chance to prove himself innocent before being called guilty," White said. "But if it's true, it's obviously super disappointing."
    Jones tested positive for an unspecified banned substance in an out-of-competition sample taken June 16 by USADA, which administers the promotion's anti-drug policy. While Jones is considered the top pound-for-pound fighter in MMA, he has apparently failed drug tests around two of his past three scheduled fights.
    Brock Lesnar's heavyweight bout with Mark Hunt is UFC 200's new main event at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. Lesnar's much-anticipated return from a 4 1/2-year MMA absence was previously the penultimate bout on the star-studded pay-per-view card assembled by the UFC for its biggest event of the summer.
    White said he doesn't know what substance was detected in Jones' test, but acknowledged that this violation could lead to a multiyear suspension for one of the UFC's biggest stars.
    After Jones beat Cormier by clear decision in their first meeting in January 2015, the UFC announced that Jones had tested positive for apparent cocaine use before the fight. The detected cocaine metabolite was not banned for out-of-competition use by the Nevada Athletic Commission, which claimed it couldn't stop him from fighting.
    But Jones' behavior outside the cage repeatedly has hampered his meteoric rise inside his sport. Shortly after his first positive drug test, he was suspended for several months in 2015 due to his involvement in a hit-and-run accident in Albuquerque, New Mexico, where the upstate New York native lives and trains.
    Jones' manager, Malki Kawa, didn't immediately return a message Wednesday night.
    Jones and Cormier appeared at the UFC 200 news conference earlier Wednesday, trading their usual insults and glares in a rivalry that has festered for years. Cormier won the vacated light heavyweight title during Jones' suspension, but acknowledged his reign wouldn't be real until he beat Jones in the cage.
    Cormier was downbeat when he appeared alongside White at the hastily arranged news conference, realizing he is likely to miss out on millions from his share of the pay-per-view revenue unless a late replacement fight can be booked. The former U.S. Olympic wrestler said he is "not the moral police. It's not my place to judge him."
    "For all that I knew, he looked like he was doing good," Cormier added. "He said all the right things."
    Jones' UFC suspension was lifted in October 2015, and he returned to competition in April with a victory over Ovince Saint Preux. Jones was scheduled to meet Cormier in that bout, but Cormier pulled out with a foot injury.
    White said the UFC would attempt to book another fight for Cormier, but isn't sure it could find a reasonable opponent on such short notice. Cormier would get some compensation if he misses out on the UFC 200 card, which is expected to be one of the biggest sellers in MMA history.
    "When you have the biggest, baddest fight card ever assembled, it doesn't sting as bad when you lose a fight," White said. "But it stings real bad for Daniel Cormier. It's devastating to him in every possible way."
    The main event of UFC 200 has now been changed twice. Conor McGregor was slated to meet Nate Diaz in a rematch, but the bout was bumped to next month after McGregor wrangled with the UFC over money and promotional obligations, even briefly claiming he was retiring.
    UFC 200 still features two title fights and the return of Lesnar, the biggest pay-per-view star in UFC history.
    UFC 200 ain't going so well.

Anderson Silva takes Jones' place at UFC 200 vs Cormier
    Greg Beacham, Ap Sports Writer Updated 4:46 am, Friday, July 8, 2016

Photo: John Locher, AP
    Dana White, right, holds back Daniel Cormier during a UFC 200 mixed martial arts news conference Wednesday, July 6, 2016, in Las Vegas. Cormier is scheduled to fight Jon Jones in a light heavyweight championship fight at UFC 200 on Saturday.

LAS VEGAS (AP) — Anderson Silva will replace Jon Jones at UFC 200, taking on light heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier on two days' notice.
    One day after Jones apparently failed a doping test, the UFC decided to replace him with one of the greatest fighters in mixed martial arts history for the promotion's biggest show of the summer.
    The 41-year-old Silva (33-7) reigned as the middleweight champion for nearly seven years, but he hasn't earned a victory in four fights since October 2012. He was hit with a doping suspension that invalidated his only win in that stretch, and he had surgery to remove his gall bladder just seven weeks ago, forcing him to drop out of a scheduled fight in his native Brazil.
    "I haven't trained in a few months, but I think I'm in good condition to go in there and put on a good fight," a smiling Silva said through a translator at the MGM Grand Garden Arena.
    Silva and Cormier will have a three-round, non-title bout in the third slot on the five-fight pay-per-view card, UFC President Dana White said. Although Silva claims to be in solid shape, he wasn't ready to accept a five-round fight, the required length to fight for a championship belt.
    "Anderson is giving Daniel the opportunity to fight, to make money and to perform on UFC 200," White said. "So if Anderson wants three rounds, if Anderson wants two rounds, he'll get it."
    The UFC also changed the bout order for the second time in 24 hours, promoting Miesha Tate's bantamweight title fight against Amanda Nunes to the main event.
    Brock Lesnar's comeback fight against Mark Hunt had been named the main event immediately after Jones' disqualification, but said it was "the right thing to do" to give the prime spot to Tate and Nunes, who are in the only non-interim title bout remaining on the stacked card.
    Silva realizes he is accepting a daunting task to step in against Cormier, the UFC's vaunted 205-pound champion. Cormier has only lost to Jones in his MMA career, and he is coming off a full training camp for what he thought would be the defining fight of his life.
    "I'm going to have to run a lot," Silva deadpanned, before quickly saying to White: "I'm joking, boss!"
    Silva lost a decision to current middleweight champion Michael Bisping in his last bout, which featured another dose of the weirdness that seems to follow Silva. He prematurely celebrated knocking out Bisping during the fight, but the round had already ended.
    White said veteran Dan Henderson and UFC 200 fighter Gegard Mousasi also volunteered to fight Cormier. The UFC chose Silva, who was able to pass all of the necessary medical tests in time to be cleared by the Nevada Athletic Commission.
    Globo, the UFC's longtime Brazilian broadcast partner, first reported Silva would take the fight.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

More specific

Ineligible for one year.

MGSS Arbitration Panel Imposes One-Year Sanction on UFC Athlete, Jones, for Anti-Doping Policy Violation
    November 7, 2016 Sanctions By Hailey Radvillas

November 7, 2016

USADA announced today that an independent three-member arbitration panel from McLaren Global Sports Solutions, Inc. (MGSS) has rendered its decision in the case of UFC® athlete, Jon Jones, of Rochester, N.Y., and determined that Jones should receive the maximum one-year period of ineligibility for his anti-doping policy violation. This decision comes after the facts of the case were presented and fully argued at a day-long evidentiary hearing on October 31, 2016.

Jones, 29, tested positive for the presence of two prohibited substances, clomiphene and letrozole, following an out-of-competition urine test on June 16, 2016.Clomiphene and letrozole are both Specified Substances in the class of Hormone and Metabolic Modulators and are prohibited at all times under the UFC Anti-Doping Policy, which has adopted the World Anti-Doping Agency Prohibited List. Under the UFC Anti-Doping Policy, the standard sanction for a policy violation involving a Specified Substance is a one-year period of ineligibility.

View the Decision

Depending on the athlete’s degree of fault for the doping offense, the sanction for an anti-doping policy violation involving Specified Substances can range from a reprimand and no period of ineligibility, up to the standard one-year period of ineligibility. Here, the MGSS Panel, comprised entirely of specially trained arbitrators from the Court of Arbitration for Sport, concluded that Jones’ degree of fault was at the very top end of the scale.

Jones’ one-year period of ineligibility began on July 6, 2016, the date of his provisional sanction. In addition, Jones has been disqualified from all competitive results obtained on and subsequent to July 6, 2016, including forfeiture of any title, ranking, purse, or other compensation.

USADA conducts the year-round, independent anti-doping program for all UFC athletes. USADA is an independent, non-profit, non-governmental agency whose sole mission is to preserve the integrity of competition, inspire true sport, and protect the rights of clean athletes. In an effort to aid UFC athletes, as well as their support team members, in understanding the rules applicable to them, USADA provides comprehensive instruction on the UFC Anti-Doping Program website (www.ufc.usada.org) regarding the testing process and prohibited substances, how to obtain permission to use a necessary medication, and the risks and dangers of taking supplements as well as performance-enhancing and recreational drugs. In addition, the agency manages a drug reference hotline, Drug Reference Online (www.ufc.globaldro.com), conducts educational sessions, and proactively distributes a multitude of educational materials, such as the Prohibited List, easy-reference wallet cards, and periodic athlete alerts.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Of course, this doesn't mean he can't fight elsewhere.

I just got this press release:
    FLOSPORTS ANNOUNCES JON JONES AND DAN HENDERSON TO HEADLINE SUBMISSION UNDERGROUND 2 ON FLOGRAPPLING.COM

MMA Stars Miesha Tate And Jessica Eye Co-Headline Dec. 11 Event
    To Determine Best Submission Fighters In The World
    AUSTIN, TX November 9, 2016 — FloSports today announced that it has reached a verbal agreement with Jon Jones and Dan Henderson for the decorated fighters to headline Submission Underground 2 on Dec. 11. The event, co-presented by FloSports and Chael Sonnen, will be streamed live to an international audience exclusively on FloGrappling.com.

Along with Jon Jones vs. Dan Henderson, FloSports also has reached verbal agreements with former UFC Women’s Bantamweight Champion Miesha Tate and well-known MMA veteran Jessica Eye, who will co-headline the submission-only event in a rematch of their July 2015 fight.

The undercard fights will be announced on a future date.

“Every fight fan has been anxious to see Jon Jones go toe-to-toe with Dan Henderson ever since their first scheduled fight was cancelled due to injury,” Sonnen said. “These guys want to compete against each other, and both believe they will win. I couldn’t be more thrilled to see them face off in a submission-only format.

“With Miesha Tate and Jessica Eye also on board, I can guarantee you there has never been a better submission fighting promotion than Submission Underground 2. We started this event with the goal to determine who the greatest grappler alive is. On Dec. 11, we’re delivering on that promise.”

Submission Underground 2, which will be hosted at Roseland Theater in Portland, Oreg., will use a cage instead of a standard grappling mat.

“Submission grappling is one of the purest forms of fighting, and we’re excited to showcase some of the best fighters in the world,” FloSports co-founder and CEO Martin Floreani said. “Submission Underground 1 featured some incredible matchups with Vinny Magalhaes defeating Ronny Markes with a heel hook and Fabiano Scherner submitting Ricco Rodriguez via arm bar. We anticipate more fireworks Dec. 11.”

To access the live coverage and replays of Submission Underground 2, users must sign up to become FloPRO subscribers on FloGrappling.com. Monthly and annual FloPRO subscriptions are $20 and $150, respectively. Yearly subscribers also gain access to premium content across the FloSports network of sites.

FloSports content is available on all screens now with the recent launch of the FloSports’ Roku and Apple TV apps.

Tickets for the event can be purchased at the Roseland Theater box office.

To learn more, visit FloGrappling.com.

About FloSports
    FloSports is a direct-to-consumer, subscription-based sports media company based in Austin, Texas, that partners with event rights holders and governing bodies to unlock a world of sports coverage that true fans have been waiting for. Through live streaming of premier events, original video programming, and weekly studio shows, FloSports is growing the sports, the athletes and the fans. Current verticals under the FloSports header are Wrestling, Grappling, MMA, Elite Fitness, Boxing, Softball, Tennis, Pro Wrestling, Gymnastics, Marching, Basketball, Volleyball, eSports, Rodeo, Climbing, Swimming, Cheerleading, and Track.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I used to have verbal problems with police too. I think it is a Rochester thing. Confrontational as hell.

I had a DWI I pled guilty too when I was 20. "Brand new car. Oak tree you're in my way." ( Actually think it was a willow ).A week prior I was fighting 2 police officers in my mothers front yard. DRUNK ! I lost.

I hope he figures stuff out and stops drinking and driving. I am so grateful I did not kill anyone.

Flagged again

Regardless of the flagging, it's always weird for me to hear White call a grown man 'kid'.

UFC: Champ Jon Jones flagged for another failed doping test
    Greg Beacham, Ap Sports Writer Updated 9:08 pm, Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Photo: Jeffrey T. Barnes, AP
    FILE - In this April 9, 2017, file photo, mixed martial arts fighter Jon Jones watches a bout at UFC 210 in Buffalo, N.Y. Light heavyweight champion Jones has been notified of another potential violation of the UFC's anti-doping policy. The UFC announced the potential violation Tuesday night, Aug. 22, for Jones, widely considered the top pound-for-pound fighter in mixed martial arts.

LAS VEGAS (AP) — Jon Jones could face a lengthy suspension from mixed martial arts after the UFC light heavyweight champion was notified Tuesday of his second potential violation of the promotion's anti-doping policy.
    Jones is widely considered the top pound-for-pound fighter in his sport. The potential violation stems from a sample collected after his weigh-in July 28 for his title fight against Daniel Cormier at UFC 214 in Anaheim, California.
    Jones (23-1) beat Cormier with a vicious third-round head kick, reclaiming his 205-pound belt after sitting out the previous year under suspension for his first failed doping test. The victory appeared to be a return to glory for a fighter who has repeatedly hindered his stellar career with misbehavior outside the octagon.
    Jones was stripped of his belt in 2015 after his arrest for his involvement in a hit-and-run accident. He was scheduled to fight Cormier for the title in July 2016, but was pulled from the UFC 200 card and eventually suspended for what he claimed was a failed test due to a sexual enhancement pill.
    Last month, the 30-year-old Jones emphatically denied he has ever used performance-enhancing drugs.
    Jones hasn't yet been stripped of his light heavyweight title for a second time, but it will be a formality if the doping violation is confirmed. Cormier held the belt for most of Jones' absence, and he will likely be the champion again, UFC President Dana White said.
    "Jon and I have been mad at each other since UFC 200, but the reality is we've been here for this kid every step of the way," White said. "How many times did I fly to Albuquerque when he was in trouble? The list goes on and on, what we've done for this guy. It's really sad."
    Jones' camp and his manager, Malki Kawa, released a statement: "We are all at a complete loss for words right now. Jon, his trainers, his nutritionists and his entire camp have worked tirelessly and meticulously the past 12 months to avoid this exact situation. We are having the samples tested again to determine the validity or source of contamination. Jon is crushed by this news and we are doing whatever we can as a team, to support him."
    In a statement, Cormier said he was "disappointed" and "very emotional" about the news.
    "In my mind, on July 29, I competed and I lost," said Cormier, who is on vacation in Hawaii with his family. "I thought Jon Jones was the better man that day. I don't know what to think anymore. I can't believe we are going through all of this again. We will see what happens next."
    If the violation is confirmed, Jones is almost certain to face a multiyear suspension from the sport, taking away even more of his fighting prime. The UFC also will be harmed by the lengthy absence of its best fighter and a burgeoning pay-per-view draw.
    The penalties for a second offense range from one to four years, depending on several aggravating or mitigating circumstances, said Jeff Novitzky, the UFC's vice president of athlete health and performance.
    "Jon definitely has one penalty under the system," Novitzky said. "So the second penalty, if it were to come to that, basically doubles the amount of the first."
    White revealed that the UFC was hoping to book Jones in a fight against heavyweight champion Stipe Miocic in Detroit later this year. Instead, two divisions have been thrown into turmoil.
    The UFC also could lose its dream matchup between Jones and former heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar. The superstars both appeared eager to meet next year in a heavyweight fight that would be among the biggest events in the UFC's history.
    "It's not over yet," White said. "He's got to go through the (legal) process. Maybe there was something crazy that happened for this stuff to get into his system. So I don't know."
    USADA administers the UFC's doping policy. The California State Athletic Commission also has jurisdiction over Jones' test.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Fail

There's a vid but the article says it all.

Report: Jon Jones’ B sample also positive for failed UFC 214 drug test
    by Mike Heck3 weeks agoFollow @MikeHeck_JR

The news has gone from bad to worse for Jon Jones as his B sample has come up positive from his pre-UFC 214 drug test.

Whatever positivity remained for Jon Jones seems to have gone away according to Tuesday night’s latest developments.

According to ESPN’s Brett Okamoto, Jones, who tested positive for steroids stemming from a pre-fight drug test on July 28,, also had his B sample come back as positive for a banned substance. The UFC has yet to make a statement on the latest developments.

Jones, who made what seemed to be a triumphant comeback by defeating Daniel Cormier in Anaheim back in July to re-capture the UFC light heavyweight title, will more than likely have his victory overturned to a no-contest. After the initial report of the failed drug test the day before UFC 214, the UFC had confirmed the positive test but did not strip Jones of the title.

The story took an interesting turn when it was reported that Jones passed his blood test on July 29 after his victory over Cormier. It was also important to note that Turinabol, which is the anabolic steroid Jones failed for, can only be tested in urine and not blood. According to ESPN’s report on Tuesday, Jones has been made aware of the B sample test results.

Jones and his team say they are trying to figure out how the steroid got into his system, and are leaning towards a tainted supplement. Prior to UFC 200, Jones tested positive for estrogen blockers which removed him from his headline fight with Cormier. While it was proven that the sexual enhancement pills Jones took were found to be tainted, he was still suspended for one year due to negligence.

The California State Athletic Commission had confirmed that Jones passed multiple drug tests leading into UFC 214. The CSAC has yet to respond to the latest reports and has not officially changed the status of Jones’ victory at this time. Jones’ manager Malki Kawa feels that something is fishy in this situation

“I’m encouraging everyone to go out there and take a look at the tests he passed and the test he failed,” Kawa said while appearing on The MMA Hour last month. “It’s a three-week window the month of the fight. Jon has passed seven unannounced tests, and the one he’s going to fail is the one that’s announced? It’s weird to me, there’s a lot of things here that don’t add up, and to the UFC, it doesn’t add up.

The maximum penalty that Jones can face is a four-year suspension due to the fact it is his second offense. He would have sanctions passed down not only from CSAC but also USADA, and will have to accept the stronger penalty.

The roller coaster that is the career of Jon Jones continues to move at a fast and furious pace. A man considered one of, if the the greatest, fighters of all-time could be put in a position to not be able to return to the Octagon until the age of 34. While Jones is entitled to due process, it certainly is not looking good for one of the best to ever compete in the sport of mixed martial arts.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

still at it

so exemplary...

UFC's Jones faces battery charge after incident
    8:01 AM PT
    Marc Raimondi
    ESPN Staff Writer

UFC champion Jon Jones is facing a battery charge stemming from an alleged April incident in Albuquerque, New Mexico, ESPN confirmed Monday.

Jones, who holds the UFC light heavyweight title, is accused of slapping a cocktail waitress in her genital area at a strip club, pulling her down to his lap and kissing her neck, according to the criminal summons obtained by ESPN from the Albuquerque Police Department. KRQE television in Albuquerque was the first to report the news.

The woman told Albuquerque police that Jones put her in a chokehold and picked her up off the ground, per the news station. When she asked Jones to stop, she said Jones continued touching her until he decided to leave.

The charge was listed in court records as a petty misdemeanor, but a conviction can still carry jail time.

Jones' spokesperson James Hallinan told KRQE that Jones was unaware of the charge until his team was contacted by KRQE. Per online court records, a letter sent to Jones by Albuquerque police was returned in June. A bench warrant was issued for Jones on June 12 when he failed to show up for a bond arraignment. Jones paid a $300 cash bond Sunday. His next court date is not yet scheduled.

"Today, the media told Mr. Jones about a false accusation launched against him and that paperwork had been sent to an incorrect address," Hallinan said in a statement to KRQE. "However, after receiving the documents from the press, Mr. Jones immediately went to pay the small fee, and he, and multiple witnesses, stand ready to factually refute the malicious lies being told about him to the public."

Jones, an Albuquerque resident, tweeted about the situation Monday morning, writing he is "definitely not in any trouble."

"Don't be so quick to believe everything you read on the Internet," Jones wrote.

The woman told police that she was serving Jones and his brother at the strip club. She did not mention Jones' brother by name. Both of his brothers, Chandler and Arthur, are NFL veterans. Jones, the woman said, had been asking her to give him a lap dance repeatedly, but she refused due to club policy because she was a waitress and not one of the dancers. She said Jones at one point pulled her onto his lap and kissed her neck.

Later, the woman told police that Jones was waiting for shots from the bar when he put her in a "tight" rear-naked choke. She said she joked that he can put her in a choke, but she can't put him in one because she wasn't tall enough. Jones then picked her up off the ground, turned her in the air and was "roughhousing" with her, she told police.

She said Jones then placed her down by the bar and smacked her in her genital region. The woman said she told Jones twice he couldn't smack her there unless he paid her $100. She said Jones "continued to touch her until he decided to leave the establishment."

Per the criminal summons, the woman told police of Jones: "I just don't want to deal with this person. I think he is a f---ing piece of s---. The whole situation is so complicated and I'm not really sure what to say and this person gets away with f---ing everything."

Jones, 32, has been in legal trouble before. In 2012, Jones pleaded guilty to a DWI charge. He pleaded guilty to felony hit-and-run in 2015 and received probation and community service. In 2016, Jones violated his probation for allegedly drag racing. The New York native's probation was up in March 2017.

On top of the time he missed dealing with those situations, Jones has missed Octagon time due to two failed drug tests administered by UFC anti-doping partner USADA over the past three years. Most recently, Jones was suspended 15 months for a positive drug test for a steroid metabolite in July 2017.

Jones (25-1, 1 NC) is coming off a successful title defense against Thiago Santos earlier this month at UFC 239 in Las Vegas. Jones has never really been beaten in MMA, with his only loss coming in 2009 by disqualification for illegal elbows. He is regarded as perhaps the greatest pound-for-pound mixed martial arts fighter of all time.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips