Thread: How Dumb Are We?

How Dumb Are We?

http://www.newsweek.com/2011/03/20/h...BNhmKiB8ZvuD37

ooohhhh thats gotta hurt...

ya see? i dont told you... check out the results on history and world affairs... what i was talking about before... not too good maaaaan, not so good...

stop fukcing with your schools... its showing...

take the quiz:

http://www.newsweek.com/2011/03/20/t...on-t-know.html

i'd say we should make a competition of it, but i think a few of ya dont have the integrity to be honest about it all... we'd have to take eachothers words for it that it was on the up n up...

too bad there isnt a canadian one... there would prolly be some pretty embarassing numbers there too... but like europe, im sure we'd do better than our friends to the south... they should make a rule that it has to be done by 2nd gen or greater and then compare that one to a purely random one, where the test takers were from all walks of life, as long as they are a citizen...

question: What happened at the Constitutional Convention?
    65% got this wrong... are you fukcing kidding me??? what else would they do at the constitutional convention other than draft the constitution??? i mean, WTF...

23% didnt know what MLK was famous for...

im really suprised that only 58% knew who was third to the throne... after the VP it goes to the speaker, duh...

63% dunno how many supreme court justices there are... dayum, well good thing they didnt have to name em... i can only name 8, i always forget that new chicas name... i can see her fce but its just one of those names that no matter how many times i read it, i just cant retain it... not sotomayor... the newest one from aug 2010... its short, starts with an R or a K... im too lazy to check...

i got the 27 amendments question wrong... i guessed 22... but it was a guess, i dint remember that... when i saw it, it seemed familiar and i know i mustve learned it at some point, but i didnt remember at all...

even tho im super stoned, i blasted thru those ...

if anyone seees a candian one lemme know... ive done IQ tests and junk like that online but i dont trust those... i get diff scores from diff ones... one test gave me 158... what a joke... i guess they wanna flatter people who wanna believe sh1t like that... i know my real score from ten years ago, i did 8 tests over 2 weeks at the uni and had an average... it was pretty fun actually... i like the logic questions...

Nationalism and quiz histories don't make a country really.
    Most people don't spend their time delving into the history of their nations.

Americans have it a little luckier as their hjistory is sewn into the society more blatantly. Even still, look at the actual knowledge.

I'm willing to bet a Canadian would fail bitterly in a test like this.

Here's some questions for a canadian.

1. How many Prime Ministers have there been?

2. How many provinces and territories does Canada have?

3. How many Coast Lines does Canada oversee?

4. Who is the head of state for Canada?

5. When was the Canadian Constitution originally drafted?

6. Who drafted the original Canadian Constitution.

7. When was the Charter of Rights amended to the Canadian Constitution?

8. Who spearheaded final independence from the Crown?

9. Who were the first 3 Prime ministers of Canada?

10. Who were the last 3 Prime Ministers of Canada?

11. Who is the Governor General?

12. What is a Premier?

13. What is the difference between mpp and mp

14. How is a law passed in Canada?

15. How many sit on Canada's supreme court?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

i got that.... not a very tough quiz...

you got me on #1 and #14.... #1 i just dont remember... # 14 is just coz im not sure what you mean... you wanna know the process? from square one? or just how its finally passed?

what i would like to see are tests on WORLD affairs, and compare areas... some countries put more emphasis on their own structure than others... but everyone should learn the basics about the rest of the world... you dont need to know who the troubadours were but you should know where spain is and what its capital is...

what the hell is canada?
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    what the hell is canada?
    A moose refuge camp.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    i got that.... not a very tough quiz...

you got me on #1 and #14.... #1 i just dont remember... # 14 is just coz im not sure what you mean... you wanna know the process? from square one? or just how its finally passed?

what i would like to see are tests on WORLD affairs, and compare areas... some countries put more emphasis on their own structure than others... but everyone should learn the basics about the rest of the world... you dont need to know who the troubadours were but you should know where spain is and what its capital is...
    A lot of people live their entire lives never requiring any interaction with Spaniards or their country. Why then, shoud they know about the country?

It's all about what you find important and what you have to know to get by. Some of us have jobs that require so much learning that it excludes a lot of things if you hope to be competitive. My boss said it best the other day when I provided some obscure fact about an obscure subject. He told me thanks for putting that useless information in his head, because now something important had to be deleted to make room.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

no doubt... most of that info is pretty useless for the average cat... but it is the citizenship test after all, you should be able to at least pass it, if not ace it... but world knowledge and awareness of things beyond your bubble will help you shape a more realistic perspective on the world you live in... knowledge is the key to everything... and if you want to understand the more complex aspects of communal interaction you have to know the basics... and simple geography and history is that base... history, of course, being a very broad term... take it how you want to...

some people are content living in their little bubble, playing their part in the machine and not asking any questions... usually because they are taken care of, or at least they believe they are... no ambition to move above their station, fully content to play their part, raise kids blah blah blah... and thats cool, but that means you arent any good outside your little sphere... and you can have it all if you want it... just learn, simple... do the best you can, even a dumb person who works hard can get a good and solid base to work off of with the more complex issues one may want to wrestle with... its about fullfillment... and im not saying you cant find it without knowing about spain, what im saying is that the more handle you have on the basics, the better off you are with the tougher sh1t... like with MA, you get a nice solid base, strong stance, good posture, flexability etc etc and then you learn how to really move... cant learn the good sh1t without putting in the work and paying some dues...

alot of people that fail those tests probably mouth off about their views all the time... and who knows what they spread amongst themselves... some people are so freakin misinformed its past sad and is getting scary... if i were a real patriot, i would fear for my country, and yours...

The US is doing fine. We've been through MUCH worse than this.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

really... i always looked at both countries as sad shadows of what they were supposed to be...

social conditioning is a b1tch... any confidence man would cream himself over this scam and the amount of people taken in by it... that great lie of our age: "we're headed in the right direction"... not a new scam by any means... thats what makes it so sad... to become what you abhor... nice...